Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need some info asap

1K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
So today someone decided to hit my car while I was at work. They smashed the front end. My main concern is when they hit it it broke the assembly part to hold my drivers side headlight in. What exactly do I need to buy to hold the headlight in??

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#4 ·
I'll definitely send Alex a message! And nope, not a thing on how to reach em. Destroyed my bumper, smashed my grille insert, I'm just glad I have an extra cobra R bumper for when I paint my car in a few weeks or I would've been really upset

#11 ·
Well hopefully they didn't **** up the radiator support or anything. Or worse... If its just the headlight panel that's no biggie but OEM headlights are expensive new and the aftermarket ones are just not as good. You can always pull a used one out of a JY tho... Bumper... those are actually pretty cheap too its just the paint that is going to be pricey. If you do it all yourself you are looking at close to $1k for repairs so definitely find out who the hell did it and make them pay for it. If there are no cameras then show up to work early and look for a car with a paint scrape. I say $1k based on a new OEM headlight, new headlight panel, new bumper, paint, misc hardware and hopefully you don't need a new fender too.

#12 ·
Ya, fender is good thank god, an I just so happen to have a cobra bumper and paint already since I planned on painting it in a few weeks anyhow. Right now I'm just looking at a new headlight panel (which I got on eBay for $40) an headlights. I'm thinking of getting some raxioms. Anyone had good/bad experience with em or are they good for the money??

#13 ·
Lots of people have had issues with Raxioms leaking. I personally think they look like complete rice. Ford got it right with the OEM smoked lights IMO but its your car, if you think the Raxioms look good then just make sure you silicone all the seams before installing them and do NOT run HIDs. 1- they get too hot for the Raxiom housings and 2- the Raxioms do not produce any sort of correct HID cutoff.

OEM smoked housings with Philips Xtreme bulbs are plenty bright, last forever, do not leak and look great.

#24 ·
Agreed! I have seen a couple people with them lately and they hate them and don't have enough light output at all.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#14 ·
+1 on raxioms suck. and they even have a sticker on them that says NO HID's. takes a smaller bulb, so lower output. quite ricey. I was glad that my car had the stock lights in the trunk. changed them right after one use at night.

#20 ·
Like I said, walk around the parking lot and see if you notice anyone with your color paint scraped onto their back bumper. Then take multiple pictures.

#22 ·
Yeah but if it was a person on the shift before you they are long gone. If you work a 12hr shift and they'll be back to relieve you, look then. Otherwise show up a little early tomorrow and have a gander. Unless I'm missing something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.