Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need help identifying parts on car!!! Please helpp

1K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  fomoco4life 
#1 ·
Hi there. I plan on buying a Bama tuner this weekend and need help identifying the parts on my car so it's easier to tell them what I have on it. I bought the car with these three mods already on it. A Borla Catback Exhaust, Under Rrive Pulleys, and a K&N Cold Air Intake. I have no clue what the exact models are and would like to be a precise as possible so my tune is right for my car. I will attach pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I know k and n but like the diameter I assume I would have to measure it same with exhaust. That's why I was wondering if anyone knew. Or could lead me in the direction to find out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#9 ·
Generic pulleys, looks like a stock H pipe honestly, K&N hot air intake. Looks like that's all you have.

#10 ·
the underdrive says steeda right on it. the exhaust looks like a stock h pipe, but honestly, ive never actually looked at a stock exhaust long enough to identify it easily. the borlas might be stingers or atak. either way 2.5" im sure, with 4 inch tips. PM one of the guys from AM on this forum with a link to this thread. someone like Alex would probably be able to identify most of these and help you out. the intake i would just measure it out.

#11 ·
Holy **** good eyes. That is for sure a Steeda crank pulley. They may or may not have installed the alternator pulley. I never did on any of my cars. Potential charging issues for <1hp never really did it for me lol.

#12 · (Edited)
i was told that i have steeda underdrive pulleys. But this is what my crank pulley looks like https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1HGcSNb01U7TFo4QWkzcmR6MEk/view?usp=sharing

I dont know if mine are actually some kind of knock off or what? Did a piece fall off at some point? I have the stock crank pulley in the garage, along with the stock water pump and alternator pulley. also, my alternator pulley doesnt have holes in it like the steeda ones should. the water pump pulley looks exactly like the steeda one according to AM's website.

Oh and mine dont say steeda on it anywhere. I couldn't find what pulleys they really are.

#13 ·
All real steeda stuff is going to have the name and logo stamped on it somewhere. Like you can see it on this guy's crank pulley pretty clearly once someone points it out.

#14 ·
yea. that was my first concern. i figured maybe its just really old and rusted away. but the shape is totally different. Doesnt look like anything on american muscle. now im worried its some cheap ebay pulley set. :/

#15 ·
Most likely is an ebay special or they're just stock.

#16 ·
i got the stock pulleys in the garage. was lucky enough to have those in the trunk when i bought the car. still looks great too. But ill keep lookin around the internet to see if i can catch a photo of this pulley set somewhere.

#18 ·
Got Torque -- Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

found it i think. they say steeda, but my mustang knowledge begins in 2012-ish. so i dont really know where steeda was at as a company back in 2002. but these pulleys match what i have on my car.

#19 ·
Hi there. I plan on buying a Bama tuner this weekend and need help identifying the parts on my car so it's easier to tell them what I have on it. I bought the car with these three mods already on it. A Borla Catback Exhaust, Under Rrive Pulleys, and a K&N Cold Air Intake. I have no clue what the exact models are and would like to be a precise as possible so my tune is right for my car. I will attach pictures.
Dalton - It's looking like you already got some solid help in here already from the guys! If you're curious further shoot the Bama Team an email with this thread and they'll be able to help further but i think you found the answers you were after in here! let me know how everything works out and I'm here to help if you have any other questions!

Alex

#21 ·
Not on a canned tune anyway. I still love how you get asked what mods you have vs them sending you instructions on how to datalog a baseline and send that to them for vehicle specific tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.