Mustang Evolution Forum banner

X pipe or H pipe??

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  The_Chech 
#1 ·
What is the difference between the two and pros and cons. And should I he worried about the bolt ups with factory manifolds and a borla catback. Also if I get a non catted one I assume I would just need o2 sensor emulator or delete?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#2 ·
H-pipe has more of a classic muscle car rumble, whereas the X-pipe sounds more raw almost nascar like. The mid pipe you choose should bolt up but make sure you get the long h or x pipe if you have stock exhaust manifolds or shorty headers. If you get an off road pipe (no cats) you should get MIL eliminators. American Muscle should have them. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#3 ·
As far as I know, performance wise (minimal at that) H-Pipe gives more low-end torque and X-pipe gives you more top-end power. I would say ignore performance and choose what sounds better to you...but I'll still put in my 2 cents and say low-end torque and classy muscular rumble is what belongs on a V8. The stock set-up should be a good H-pipe, unless your pumping out 350+ HP and if you really want to get rid of the CATs, just replace them with more pipe to save money.

#4 ·
Performance is identical. H pipe is a deeper tone, X pipe is raspier. X pairs well with straight through mufflers and H works well with both. The Stainless UPR unit is probably your best bang for the buck.

You'll need to get a new gasket for the passenger side collector ($6 at Autozone) and you'll also need 1/2" drive tools for the passenger side collector. There is a nut on the collector that is placed in a spot where you need a deepwell 3/8" drive on a universal but there isn't enough room for a deepwell socket. A 1/2" shallow drive socket on a universal is shorter than the 3/8" deepwell but has just enough bite to get on the nut and back it out without banging into anything. Spray all the nuts down the night before with a ****load of Liquid Wrench and it also helps to hit them with a propane torch and heat them up before you try to remove them especially the passenger side ones.

#9 ·
I'm thinking of a aftermarket h pipe. I'm ordering my bama tuner today or tomo. And looking at a 70 or 75 mm throttle intake. What do you guys think. I already have a KN Cai and borla catback and under drive pulleys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#11 ·
Trick Flow 75 MM tb and plenum combo from Summit for $279 shipped. Easily the best value and quality for the 2v.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.