Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Fan noise. Help me find out what I should look for.

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve96 
#1 · (Edited)
Fan makes a terrible noise when it's on and hardly spins after driving 20 miles and the Engine bay felt really hot also.

I just got done wire tucking the car I tried my best to make sure everything was soldered good and all extension I had to do on harness were to the correct wires. Maybe a bug flew into my fan and messed up the bearing or clutch or maybe a short? I do here a clicking noise in my passenger fender well when I turn my key in "on position".

2004 Mustang GT 5 Speed Full Bolt On 370rwhp 440rwtq

#2 ·
Ok I drove it again and I got up to normal temps and I checked and my fan wasn't even spinning.

#3 ·
You can I believe just change the fan motor unless you think you boogered a wire somewhere? I had to replace my fan motor. It smoked and went out at once. I ordered it from my local parts store for about 90 bucks and it was an easy install too and no more issues.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

I'm assuming that It's about the same deal on an 04

#5 ·
Ok I took my fan out plugged it in turned the car on and the fan spun fine with it set on top of the motor but when I set it in front of the radiator and put spacers in it will make the noise.

#7 ·
Great! And you don't have to spend any money!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.