Mustang Evolution Forum banner

MAC Longtubes

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Jay180 
#1 ·
So, I'm looking at getting MAC LTs along with a x-pipe from AM. What do you guys think? Is it worth it?

#2 ·
Out of all the cheap headers the MACs are probably the best. But if you plan on DDing the car they will collect a LOT of road grime where the primaries meet and rust up. Ask how I know... IMO, do it once, do it right, get stainless and don't get Pypes. SLP/Kooks/ARH.

#4 ·
Been there, done that. Its never as good as a legit ceramic coating... which will cost $300 anyway so you might as well get the ones that come with it. I mean at LEAST get stainless if you want them to last. Especially if you live in a climate where there is salt on the roads in the winter. The bottom primaries will have a coat of rust on them before long and like I said the crud LOVES to collect up in the middle of the merge and eat the metal.

#6 ·
I mean get another brand that is ceramic or stainless if you can. If not... If you live in an area where there is not a lot,of salt on the roads you might be ok with aluminized.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#10 ·
Do I have to add a shorty mid pipe? What should be my set up? Or what do I have to put on pipe wise?
In Phoenix if it never rains or any road salt at all like I'm assuming then you will probably be fine with aluminized. MAC longtubes need a MAC midpipe for longtubes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.