01 hood - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8
01 hood

So I bought my 01 gt and they had put an aftermarket scoop on to hide the fact they cut a whole in the hood (found the whole when the scoop ripped off from the "up force?" Lol) anyway need to buy a new hood but not sure how early or late the model years will fit my 01 gt. Can anyone provide some expertise?

lazer red 2001 GT
redman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Well the scoop was stock on the 01-04 hoods. A lot of people seem to like to cut into the hood to make it "functional", and what usually happens is just that, the scoop flies off because the support holding it in is in the honeycomb that a lot of people take out.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman6 View Post
So I bought my 01 gt and they had put an aftermarket scoop on to hide the fact they cut a whole in the hood (found the whole when the scoop ripped off from the "up force?" Lol) anyway need to buy a new hood but not sure how early or late the model years will fit my 01 gt. Can anyone provide some expertise?

lazer red 2001 GT
I believe any 99-04 good should fit

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redman6 View Post
So I bought my 01 gt and they had put an aftermarket scoop on to hide the fact they cut a whole in the hood (found the whole when the scoop ripped off from the "up force?" Lol) anyway need to buy a new hood but not sure how early or late the model years will fit my 01 gt. Can anyone provide some expertise?

lazer red 2001 GT
I believe any 99-04 hood should fit

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
I believe any 99-04 good should fit

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------



I believe any 99-04 hood should fit

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Hood

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
You didn't see the hole in the hood when you opened it? Yeah ppl are idiots. I'd personally just go find a hood from any 99-04 car in a JY that is the same color and in good shape if possible. If not, this is as good an excuse as any to upgrade to a nice aftermarket fiberglass one lol.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Looking for a new hood, you say? Please, oh please get the Cervini hood that is currently waiting release. It is such a bad little puppy.

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Looking for a new hood, you say? Please, oh please get the Cervini hood that is currently waiting release. It is such a bad little puppy.


Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

*done in Homer Simpson voice*
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,244
I do not think that hood looks good at all on this body style.
Completely ruins the lines of the car. Looks 100% like ****.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Eh, I like it. You Termi (and former Termi) guys probably prefer the heat extractor. Which also looks great.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,244
I prefer cowl hoods on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slater2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,001
I'm with raptor on both statements. I don't think it looks good. And I like cowls on our years. I'm waiting to get a 3 inch cowl. I could buy it right now. I just am to lazy to paint it.


Sent from the mothership.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I haven't decided if I like it or not...... Although if I do the coyote swap in the future i don't think a Cobra jet manifold will fit under it.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Just do a 5.4 Lightning swap and that "hole" will serve a purpose lol.

Seriously though, I agree with above statements. Pick up a cheap JY hood in decent shape or upgrade to a new hood of your preference.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:33 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I haven't decided if I like it or not...... Although if I do the coyote swap in the future i don't think a Cobra jet manifold will fit under it.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
I know the termi motor with a smaller pulley on the stock blower just barely makes it under the stock GT hood.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I know the termi motor with a smaller pulley on the stock blower just barely makes it under the stock GT hood.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea would need a cowl hood for sure with a CJ Mani. Unless you can get the 15 manifold to flow more, then it'll fit.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
I know ppl have been messing with the '15 manifold. I forget why the tuners at AM went back to the Boss over the 15'. I think it was because of the Nitrous distribution vs anything NA.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Whichever flows best at the highest rpm


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8
I prefer a cowl over a stock, preferably a 4 inch cowl haha but no when I popped the hood, they never cut a hole in the heat lining so never saw it, did notice the honeycomb insert was gone but didn't think anything of it, now I know lol but thanks guys, this will definitely help my search

lazer red 2001 GT
redman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:51 PM   #18
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Whichever flows best at the highest rpm


Bullitts are better than Bullets
Yeah well I think your bigger problem is going to be finding a trans that will shift at 8k smoothly for the swap. MT82 might fit if you modified the console and cut a hole further back and welded up a custom crossmember. That would put the shifter like right the hell next to you vs having to reach. Not sure about the 3650 shifting at 8k. I know that Zak at t45source has done T45s that shift at 8k though. The Astro A5 says it shifts to 7K although that would be ideal with a road race 5th gear because of weight and you can use a scattershield if you need it to pass tech.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yeah well I think your bigger problem is going to be finding a trans that will shift at 8k smoothly for the swap. MT82 might fit if you modified the console and cut a hole further back and welded up a custom crossmember. That would put the shifter like right the hell next to you vs having to reach. Not sure about the 3650 shifting at 8k. I know that Zak at t45source has done T45s that shift at 8k though. The Astro A5 says it shifts to 7K although that would be ideal with a road race 5th gear because of weight and you can use a scattershield if you need it to pass tech.

A built T45 would be cool. They can do a dog box as well as magnesium casing to make it extra light....... But then there is the sequential T56 by PPG that would be awesome. $10k for that though lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
A built T45 would be cool. They can do a dog box as well as magnesium casing to make it extra light....... But then there is the sequential T56 by PPG that would be awesome. $10k for that though lol


Bullitts are better than Bullets
Paddle shifted auto... paddle shifted auto...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:26 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
01 hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Paddle shifted auto... paddle shifted auto...

That's another option. Master shift makes a paddle kit for the T56. They have one for the 6R80 but it only does the lower 4.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,574
Someone needs to come out with a manual valve body for the 6R. Slap the ratchet at 8k and break your face from the smile on it. Unsure if the built 4Rs can handle 8k, Rap would probably know.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #23
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by redman6 View Post
I prefer a cowl over a stock, preferably a 4 inch cowl haha but no when I popped the hood, they never cut a hole in the heat lining so never saw it, did notice the honeycomb insert was gone but didn't think anything of it, now I know lol but thanks guys, this will definitely help my search

lazer red 2001 GT

I really like the cowl hoods on the newedge body style. Only thing better is a shaker hood lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,244
The built 4r from jpc supposedly will hold up to it.
Hopefully by the end of the year I will have mine.

I was also considering a glide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hood scoop, 99-02 hood, and wheels bmw ponyman Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 4 03-27-2007 07:44 AM
'02 Black Mustang Hood w/ GT Hood Scoop mattstang Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 08-22-2006 10:11 AM
WTT: My 04 GT hood for your reverse V6 hood. Tunez Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 8 06-28-2005 02:59 PM
Hood Scoop + 04 base model hood Exit_In_Red Mustang Audio & Video 7 10-22-2004 07:10 PM
WTT: Redfire '03 V6/Cobra hood for GT hood w/ scoop tire Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 02-21-2004 11:07 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.