2001 cobra? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #36
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The 99-04 GTs actually did come with dual piston calipers, just not 13" front rotors or vented out back. Going to the Bullitt/Cobra/Mach setups does make a pretty good difference but not as drastic as a 98-down car and for damn sure not as drastic as a fox.

The pistons are also larger in the Cobra brakes. The 03/04 cobra pistons are slightly larger than the Bullitt and 99/01 Cobra pistons also. But the car being significantly heavier cancels that out.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #37
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Depends on what you want. If all you want is more power, throw the 100 shot on there and take your chances.

If you want something that will catch more eyes, sound better, drive nicer, and has less miles, go for the Cobra. I think $3k is a low ball for your GT. I think $7.5k is a low ball for the Cobra, but it all depends where you buy it I guess. I wouldn't complaint about $8.5-$9k for a Cobra in good condition that hasn't been beaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
2001 cobra?

Personally, I'd get the cobra, the 4V and IRS for that price, not bad. Which I'm more into corners than straight lines; so the IRS in the cobra appeals to me. But you can prep it for drag racing. Plus it makes decent power, which you could always add F/I or nitrous, for more. But the GT is also a nice car. They don't make a lot of HP but a very impressive amount of torque. Either way you'll have a nice car...
And to be honest, I think I'd rather have a 01 cobra over a terminator, I just like the look of the 01...

Adventure till you drop
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Personally, I'd get the cobra, the 4V and IRS for that price, not bad. Which I'm more into corners than straight lines; so the IRS in the cobra appeals to me. But you can prep it for drag racing. Plus it makes decent power, which you could always add F/I or nitrous, for more. But the GT is also a nice car. They don't make a lot of HP but a very impressive amount of torque. Either way you'll have a nice car...
And to be honest, I think I'd rather have a 01 cobra over a terminator, I just like the look of the 01...

Adventure till you drop
I like the 01 as well. Better front bumper, cool amber lights, still get the suede Cobra seats (different but still real good), all the Cobra goodies and they don't weigh a ton. Honestly the NA Cobras may be the ideal Coyote conversion candidates. There is an 01 with a salvage title and 90k something miles around here with a blown motor and the rest of the car is claimed to be mint. Salvage is from a hydrolocked motor. They want way too much money for it at $5k but if they'd take 3...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:28 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Alright, I'll help you make your decision. Now this for you, take it for what it's worth. Get a coin and pick which is heads and which is tails. Flip it and whatever it lands on you'll either be happy or mad, on the outcome. You'll know what you want. It sounds cheesy but it works. I do it in a lot of situations...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
Alright, I'll help you make your decision. Now this for you, take it for what it's worth. Get a coin and pick which is heads and which is tails. Flip it and whatever it lands on you'll either be happy or mad, on the outcome. You'll know what you want. It sounds cheesy but it works. I do it in a lot of situations...

Adventure till you drop
And if it lands on its edge you buy a F Body.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:09 PM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

^ never cared for them expect the cobra R and my dads friend's shelby cobra replica, has twins on it, one bad car. Now if it was a mustang II I'd be interested. I'm the only person I know who could care less for a fox body, but likes a mustang II, weird...

Adventure till you drop
Old 04-16-2015, 01:30 AM   #43
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
And if it lands on its edge you buy a F Body.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT