Mods: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mods:

I got in wreck last Friday, dented up my front passenger side fender. Could've been way worse (guy ran a red light) lucky I had time to turn before hitting him head on. But I get that money in about a week so I just thought I'd share what I'm doing with it, my car is currently stock besides CAI.

Mods:

4:10 gears

Trick flow throttle body/plenum

New upper intake

That's it for now, after that I'm saving up for camming. (Excited to tell you guys about that). Also Friday I get paid so I'm buying new wheels all the way around. Amr's to be exact 18x10 in the rear with 18x8 in the front.

If you guys have anything to suggest to get right away let me know, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
99 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I would add a tuner to your list of "soon" mods. You can get your speedo fixed for the gears, and maximize your current and future mods. And an exhaust system of some sort.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I would add a tuner to your list of "soon" mods. You can get your speedo fixed for the gears, and maximize your current and future mods. And an exhaust system of some sort.

I forgot to mention I have cat backs, flow masters, I don't know the series cause I bought them with it on. And any specific tuner you'd suggest?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

A lot of guys on here swear by MPT. You can get free tunes for life with Steeda and Bama, they both use SCT programmers. They are the best priced too, but some say their tunes aren't as good since they won't data log unless you request it or have an issue with a tune I believe. MPT is more $. I think with more of the "basic" mods, that I would go with Bama, a lot of guys use them with no issues and are happy. In my case I'm looking to get PATS turned off as well as a tune, but the mainstream tuners won't do that so I've been talking to a company called "Tuning by James". He will do what I need but It's going to cost me a little more than the others, and retunes aren't free.

Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A lot of guys on here swear by MPT. You can get free tunes for life with Steeda and Bama, they both use SCT programmers. They are the best priced too, but some say their tunes aren't as good since they won't data log unless you request it or have an issue with a tune I believe. MPT is more $. I think with more of the "basic" mods, that I would go with Bama, a lot of guys use them with no issues and are happy. In my case I'm looking to get PATS turned off as well as a tune, but the mainstream tuners won't do that so I've been talking to a company called "Tuning by James". He will do what I need but It's going to cost me a little more than the others, and retunes aren't free.

I do plan on taking my car and getting it tuned/dyno'd after I'm done with what I'm gonna do. But if I got this hand held, would there be any point in dynoing it?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Dyno tuning by professionals is the best way to go. I personally use the sniper special forces software from delta forces. It uses a laptop and also has a data logging. You can turn off the PATS, and EGR if you delete it like I did.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
allenj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenj125 View Post
Dyno tuning by professionals is the best way to go. I personally use the sniper special forces software from delta forces. It uses a laptop and also has a data logging. You can turn off the PATS, and EGR if you delete it like I did.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Hmm. Might have to look into that also.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

That's because an actual tuner will actually pull up a chair, analyze your logs and write you a custom tune vs taking a look at "19 questions" and then letting the computer pick a canned file off a company share drive.

I've heard of Tuning by James too, nothing but good things but no personal experience.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's because an actual tuner will actually pull up a chair, analyze your logs and write you a custom tune vs taking a look at "19 questions" and then letting the computer pick a canned file off a company share drive.

I've heard of Tuning by James too, nothing but good things but no personal experience.

I think for now I'll get a dyno tune. Just to know its all correct. I've been in the car scene for a while but this is the first car I'm serious about.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Change in plans guys I'm getting some fr500's 17x9's and some deep dish fr500's 17x10.5 in the rear! When I get them on I'll post some pics!

Old 04-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You got them pics? lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:26 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Um look at the date...
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Um look at the date...
lmao I hope he got those pics
PARTSFROMERIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Um look at the date...
I was hoping to bring the guy back in but he probably sold it

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

What color?
phillip433 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT