What do you guys think of this 96GT Vert? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
80% of the asking price so $6400.
I don't think that those miles are that high if the car was maintained and not beat on.
Yeah I don't either. Like I said, dude is going to be getting emails asking about the car and then right afterwards "aw wtf auto!?" left and right or at least I would imagine. Maybe not.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-25-2015, 08:21 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
thyreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 328
Ya the auto is gonna play in ur favor and u already know what to do to it to firm up the shifts and make that auto scoot... I personally like the mach1 over the mystic myself... And ur right that paint color is one of the most expensive colors to have on a car and to fix it if something happens is gonna be a headache ud HAVE to take it to a paint shop and pay them to pretty much paint that whole panel and blend it in ( buddy of mine just opened a body shop and i picked up on some stuff lol)


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
thyreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 328
And that red vert had me sold but i guess a decent camera and some trial and error got him a awesome glamour shot... If u get a 96-98 gt atleast get one with pi heAds or a whole pi motor swap one


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
And that red vert had me sold but i guess a decent camera and some trial and error got him a awesome glamour shot... If u get a 96-98 gt atleast get one with pi heAds or a whole pi motor swap one


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Nono, I meant the 98 white vert I posted a link to. That one was a POS. The red one I know is good because I've talked to some other forum members who have seen the car (another forum) and they are all vouching for the car.


And that one does have PI heads and comp cams and he has the dyno sheets for 294/292 to the wheels. I did find out there is ZERO in the way of suspension done to the car besides those springs.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #40
WJL
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 285
Mach for me, every time. That car looks good, don't knock that automatic.
WJL is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJL View Post
Mach for me, every time. That car looks good, don't knock that automatic.
Definitely not especially the 04. Only thing I worry about with those miles IS that automatic even with the beefed 04 variant in there. But a 4R75w out of a wrecking yard or on the internets is not exactly a ton of money and I have lift access and the tools to swap a transmission so its not a huuuge deal to me. That would give me an excuse to toss a nice stall in there too.

But I am getting ahead of myself. Need to go see it first and that red vert still might be the better buy if the guy is negotiable on the price.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #42
WJL
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 285
Both are nice cars i'm just a fool for a Mach.
Finished up my J-Mod today will post some pictures later
WJL is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 06:39 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
thyreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 328
What do you guys think of this 96GT Vert?

Onh ok, well the red vert is nice man and the fact that its already pi and has cams is awsome thats a big thing and a bunch of money that u dont have to spend to do... U could focus on the other things and maybe finally beef up the bottom end and go boost, possibilities are endless.... However though if that mach is what they say it is and its nice id still pick that one over the red car just because the heads on the mach are already the desired heads ( if my research is correct ) and the auto thing doesnt detur me one bit .... Plus its a 4v car already theres people making huge power with those motors even tho cams for it are double the price its easy to reach 350-400 hp n.a with that car vs the 2v... And to tell u the truth u could convert it to manual when its time to do the trans if thats what u really want but the autos when done right are badass ive been in a 04 gt with boost that had the jmod and of course the tune and a good stall and that thing shifted fast like i dont think u could shift a manual that fast lol... But its good you have couple good choices either way and oh i forgot to say... Told ya so..... I knew u where not gonna be able to hold out for a coyote lol.... What u posted about the money thing with it and all thats what i was tryin to say back then... When u build a newedge/sn95/fox u dont have to be making payments for 5 years the car in most cases is paid for and ur attention can be focused on personalizing it and making it faster... With my pay rate and the cost of living here i would have to wait till the car is paid off in 5 years becore i could do anything to it... And the average price of a coyote car u could build a nasty newedge/ sn95/fox ...... Like me when it comes time to step up my power output im gonna get a teksid block and slowly build it outside the car and then when its done drop it in... So it lessens the up front out of pocket cost because i can peice it together that way... I did the same thing when i peiced together my vortech kit... Sorry for long post but im glad u decided to go ahead and get back in a stang whichever u choose both are nice so u cant loose either way


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #44
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
Onh ok, well the red vert is nice man and the fact that its already pi and has cams is awsome thats a big thing and a bunch of money that u dont have to spend to do... U could focus on the other things and maybe finally beef up the bottom end and go boost, possibilities are endless.... However though if that mach is what they say it is and its nice id still pick that one over the red car just because the heads on the mach are already the desired heads ( if my research is correct ) and the auto thing doesnt detur me one bit .... Plus its a 4v car already theres people making huge power with those motors even tho cams for it are double the price its easy to reach 350-400 hp n.a with that car vs the 2v... And to tell u the truth u could convert it to manual when its time to do the trans if thats what u really want but the autos when done right are badass ive been in a 04 gt with boost that had the jmod and of course the tune and a good stall and that thing shifted fast like i dont think u could shift a manual that fast lol... But its good you have couple good choices either way and oh i forgot to say... Told ya so..... I knew u where not gonna be able to hold out for a coyote lol.... What u posted about the money thing with it and all thats what i was tryin to say back then... When u build a newedge/sn95/fox u dont have to be making payments for 5 years the car in most cases is paid for and ur attention can be focused on personalizing it and making it faster... With my pay rate and the cost of living here i would have to wait till the car is paid off in 5 years becore i could do anything to it... And the average price of a coyote car u could build a nasty newedge/ sn95/fox ...... Like me when it comes time to step up my power output im gonna get a teksid block and slowly build it outside the car and then when its done drop it in... So it lessens the up front out of pocket cost because i can peice it together that way... I did the same thing when i peiced together my vortech kit... Sorry for long post but im glad u decided to go ahead and get back in a stang whichever u choose both are nice so u cant loose either way


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yeah that was hard to read but I got it lol. "Built not bought"... not totally subscribed to that mentality but not all of us have a ton of money... actually most don't haha.

As far as these two cars, I need to go see them first and then actually make sure the sellers are not going to try to jerk me around at all. The red car is owned by a fellow mustang forum person and its been vouched for by others. The Mach is an unknown.

As far as the two performance wise... neither have suspension and both are probably making similar power. If you've been on this forum much and seen my posts, you know I'm a staunch defender of the auto.

The Red car probably needs a trans... actually I would suspect that both do in the near 1-2 years timeframe. Getting a low mileage 4R75w out of a wrecker and a converter from Freakshow is a $1k proposition. A clutch/t45 rebuild and a MGW shifter is about $2k.

I honestly think the Mach is the better buy of the two... much better. But that is just from taking the sellers' words for it at this point like I said before. Even my blue 98 had a lot of "wtf" things I found after the fact. I've seen this movie before, I know how it ends, I know better than to get all excited.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
robb15033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 2,109
Nice.
Would have to drive it, inspect it, ect..
__________________
'97 3.8L V6
Pacific Green
1996 SVT Cobra White
robb15033 is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
phatspeed7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pengilly
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 582
That mach 1 is a nice looking car. I love black cars.
__________________
~2004 GT with Bolt ons~
phatspeed7x is offline  
Old 04-27-2015, 11:44 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Have you gone to look at any of these yet Scotty?
oxford5pointoh is offline  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:23 AM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I looked at a white vert over the weekend. Pile of ****... Mach I am going to look at tomorrow, father wants to go along with to look which is good because he has been doing the sports car thing since the 60s.


The red one... dude seems a little reluctant to sell it. I dunno. Its been on and off for sale since 2012 on SVTP so we'll see. My blue 98GT was not for sale for super long even at the $7k pricepoint I had it listed at.


Everyone I know who has seen both ads is like "that vert is just sexy but..." Mach is a numbered car I could put special insurance on to get real cheap full coverage not to mention its just cool to have "not a normal Mustang".
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #49
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Looked at the Mach today.

Rundown:


-Clean car. Paint is good, interior is very good, both could really use a good deep thorough cleaning though. Like...leather conditioning cream rubbed into the seats, they are DRY. But no cracking and no worn through bolsters or anything.


-Motor is dry, no ticking, no noises, no smells, nothing. Could also really do with some foaming engine cleaner tho. Transmission shifts smooth through all gears but there was slight thud a few times when letting off the gas and the converter starts to freewheel. My Expy does do this occasionally too. No clunking or any noise at all from the rear or creaking or anything from the suspension.


-Underbody was clean. Rust on the rear axle like they all have and the bolt on Mach subframes were getting rusty but that's it really. K member was like new and the car tracked straight as an arrow.


You can tell the car is a driver... but its in very good shape. At 140k though and being automatic... again not sure on $8k. Guy said "can't budge on price" but I'd say that too. What do you all think its worth? I know the auto is a plus for me but for most ppl its a "dammit auto" scenario so way less ppl will be interested in it.


edit: Car also needs a gas pedal mod BAD. Felt like the pedal was already against the carpet just with light throttle and it was WAY below the brake pedal. Had to mash it like crazy to get it to go to WOT. But that is like 4 zip ties or a piece of small plastic tube. Made the test drive a PITA tho lol.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #50
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Looked at the Mach today.

Rundown:


-Clean car. Paint is good, interior is very good, both could really use a good deep thorough cleaning though. Like...leather conditioning cream rubbed into the seats, they are DRY. But no cracking and no worn through bolsters or anything.


-Motor is dry, no ticking, no noises, no smells, nothing. Could also really do with some foaming engine cleaner tho. Transmission shifts smooth through all gears but there was slight thud a few times when letting off the gas and the converter starts to freewheel. My Expy does do this occasionally too. No clunking or any noise at all from the rear or creaking or anything from the suspension.


-Underbody was clean. Rust on the rear axle like they all have and the bolt on Mach subframes were getting rusty but that's it really. K member was like new and the car tracked straight as an arrow.


You can tell the car is a driver... but its in very good shape. At 140k though and being automatic... again not sure on $8k. Guy said "can't budge on price" but I'd say that too. What do you all think its worth? I know the auto is a plus for me but for most ppl its a "dammit auto" scenario so way less ppl will be interested in it.


edit: Car also needs a gas pedal mod BAD. Felt like the pedal was already against the carpet just with light throttle and it was WAY below the brake pedal. Had to mash it like crazy to get it to go to WOT. But that is like 4 zip ties or a piece of small plastic tube. Made the test drive a PITA tho lol.
It's tough because you somewhat want to lowball but you don't want to offend lol.. 5500 to 6000 maybe
natestang07 is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I'd probably come in more like $6500 if I was going to "lowball" but as I mentioned, dude can't sell it until he gets his replacement car. However if I show up with $6500 cash and dude already has his new car and is looking to mod...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular
 
natestang07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Soap Lake
Region: Washington
Posts: 5,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd probably come in more like $6500 if I was going to "lowball" but as I mentioned, dude can't sell it until he gets his replacement car. However if I show up with $6500 cash and dude already has his new car and is looking to mod...
Yeah that is how I would play it personally. I think it will sit awhile being an automatic. Is he getting a new mustang? If so that mach is going to start looking like a supercharge to him lol
natestang07 is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Yuma
Region: Arizona
Posts: 256
I'd say the $6 - 6.5k is pretty fair for those miles. He says he can't budge but you know what they say...money talks. I paid $14k back in2008 for my 04 mach with 36k. I thought it was a good deal back then but it's been kind of a pain due to things the previous owner did that there was really no way I could have known when buying it but oh well. She's paid for now and had sentimental value for me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FanOfSkynyrd is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
The car this guy wants is another Mach, but a 5 speed and already supercharged. Like I said, if he gets it and is looking to finish off his mods or find a Termi motor or something... a wad of cash is going to look even more tempting that it would now.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Without seeing the car, and going by your description, 8 grand is probably a fair price for a largely unmolested car. With that said, it is customary to negotiate CL items regardless if the seller is firm on the price or not.
Well, you will have some time to think about it.
straybullitt is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 PM   #56
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I do. But then I see something like this


1995 Ford Mustang GT, 6 speed, IRS, green

Boing.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Sounds like a fair price for the Mach in my area also if It's as clean as you say. But you neve know. If it was something you had to have I may offer like 6800 Max. I do like that green one though. It's unique for sure.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Or there is that...

That looks like a car that has some tasteful mods!
The 302 might be able to handle that tall first gear better than a 2V.

You might find something better than the Mach. Or a better deal.

I am partial to the limited edition cars though...
straybullitt is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 PM   #59
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I'm going to text the guy back with the Mach tomorrow and tell him I am definitely interested in it and I thought it was very clean and that when he is ready to sell it with title in hand to get ahold of me. If I have not bought anything by then I'll still be interested.


That green one though... that's a gearswap and HCI away from being a really fun vehicle. Toss a $1500 blower on it from the Corral and turn the bish to 450 and then worry about wheel hop from the IRS lol.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 10:12 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
The 95 is a nice car and it sounds like the owner is more open to offers.
You have nothing but time, so you could hit the green car with a super low offer and just sit back and wait.
One thing is for sure, if you aren't in any big hurry, you can usually find the car that you want for the price that you want to pay.
straybullitt is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Honestly I'm waiting for that cheap 04 GT automatic to drop onto CL with like... some issue driving the price down that is not that big a deal to me and you but would be a dealbreaker for someone who would have to pay for a shop to do it. But we'll see.


That green one looks cray and there is still that red convertible. Ugh I should have kept my 98...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:08 AM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
2000 GT STEEDA MUSTANG


Another one. This one still runs and drives but is going to need a rotating assy... but damn.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 12:40 AM   #63
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
2000 GT STEEDA MUSTANG


Another one. This one still runs and drives but is going to need a rotating assy... but damn.

This one would be AWESOME. Parts alone is worth the asking price. And low miles like that? Man. That interior looked clean.
oxford5pointoh is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 02:24 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Now, I like that Steeda better than the Mach!
Haha.

That would be a cool car if you are looking for a project! I suppose that you could just toss in another 2V and be good to go for a while longer. Or if it really is a wrist pin, just repair that cylinder, since the car has such low miles.
Definitely worth investigating further...
straybullitt is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 02:32 PM   #65
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
I'm going to call the guy about that Steeda today. With those low miles and just a wrist pin?






So many different ways to go with a car like this. That 2V with those miles would be a very simple rebuild. $500 worth of probe pistons, $160 worth of Boss rods and another $400 or $500 of misc parts and turn the blower up to 500hp.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #66
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,606
Going to look at it tomorrow. Now... I have actually never dealt much with the "special editions" and I'm seeing a lot of the "Steeda" cars with a different hood, door stripes, Steeda wing, decals etc... etc...


Now... this will be very easy because I am going to take a pic of the VIN and call Steeda. That said, even if its just a regular GT its completely worth his asking price if its as advertised. I can pull the driveline out one weekend, rebuild it one weekend and drop it in the next weekend.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #67
Registered Member

Regular
 
oxford5pointoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Murica
Region: Other
Posts: 4,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Going to look at it tomorrow. Now... I have actually never dealt much with the "special editions" and I'm seeing a lot of the "Steeda" cars with a different hood, door stripes, Steeda wing, decals etc... etc...


Now... this will be very easy because I am going to take a pic of the VIN and call Steeda. That said, even if its just a regular GT its completely worth his asking price if its as advertised. I can pull the driveline out one weekend, rebuild it one weekend and drop it in the next weekend.

I am really hoping you get this car actually. I think it will be saweet.
oxford5pointoh is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #68
WJL
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 285
If i were in NJ i would be all over that Steeda
WJL is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #69
WJL
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 285
After reading that ad again, it sounds to good to be ture
WJL is offline  
Old 04-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Gointhatg to look at it tomorrow. Now... I have actually never dealt much with the "special editions" and I'm seeing a lot of the "Steeda" cars with a different hood, door stripes, Steeda wing, decals etc... etc...


Now... this will be very easy because I am going to take a pic of the VIN and call Steeda. That said, even if its just a regular GT its completely worth his asking price if its as advertised. I can pull the driveline out one weekend, rebuild it one weekend and drop it in the next weekend.
Yes. There are some inconsistencies with that car.
In 2000, you could order a car from Steeda with any combination of options. Perhaps that one was ordered as a "sleeper" and is devoid of all of the cosmetic options.
As you already know, that car is seemingly a steal, yet it has been listed on CL for upwards of two weeks...

The car seems legit, but i think that a VIN check is a very good idea!
straybullitt is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ladies and Gentelmen i introduce to you my baby DOZER lmk what you guys think dozer 13 Pictures and Videos 81 09-20-2013 06:11 PM
Best exterior vert mods? Post your best vert photo. FortyBrandon Pictures and Videos 13 04-17-2013 10:48 PM
Tire size and rim size 96gt Lios 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 04-22-2012 11:33 PM
YOU GUYS......YOU GUYS [/cartman] Kyle The Bar 4 12-18-2005 12:45 PM
What do you guys think? Davy03 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 10-25-2003 11:13 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.