Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Exterior mods..

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I'm at a stand still with my exterior.. The paint has a few issues.. Overall it's pretty good. It had been repainted and the painter put on some stripes on the skirt area like the v6 and the Mach have. He didn't let the paint dry so when I removed the stripes the paint came with it in some spots.. Which isn't a huge deal because it was repainted the same factory silver color but he used a knock off paint which is a slightly different tone..

Second there are a few chips and cracks in the paint and by a few I mean 3-4.. And it had the 40th anniversary emblems instead of GT emblems.. I want to put GT's back on..

So as far as mods I know for sure I want a cowl hood.. But I'm open to other ideas as far as other things.. I have a cobra front bumper and termi rear spoiler.. And there are various things that are dipped..

But as she sits now this is what I've got Tire Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Performance car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

See less See more
#3 ·
As far as paint goes I've got 2 options. 1 fix the spots that are messed up and keep the factory color and that would be like 500-1000 according to the local body shop or I can dip the entire car for 500$.. And the dip job would turn out good for that price.

#4 ·
I don't see why you would want the "GT" emblem instead of the 40th anniversary badge (or Steeda Badge) that came stock with the car plus you'd still have the hole. I'm personally not a plasti-dip person. I would start with first obtaining all your exterior mods (like side mirrors, hood, etc.) and then save up for a complete paint-job instead of a "fix-up" (but that all depends on how much money you have/willing to spend.) The sad truth is that if it's a daily driver, something is bound to happen to it.

As far as the hood, Etuner has mentioned a couple of times a Cervini hood that is apparently in development click here for some pictures of it.

In the end, the amount you care about the exterior is up to you, I personally find it hard balancing looks vs performance. It seems as tho you got performance covered. Looks pretty slick as it is tho.

#6 ·
If you dip it, might as well start going to dunkin donuts car meets on weekends with all the other ricers. Fix the paint correctly.

The 99-04 cars are easy exterior wise. Mach lip, terminator side skirts, mach/Bullitt sail panels, Bullitt scoops and then lower it with a nice set of wheels and tires.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
If you dip it, might as well start going to dunkin donuts car meets on weekends with all the other ricers. Fix the paint correctly.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I gotta take a picture of the 2011 in my parking lot. the top half is plastidipped black along with his rims. like, taped off just below the windows and plastidipped. proffessional job. way smoother than any spray can would do. but i always expect rice grains to come poppin out the muffler any day.

#11 ·
the icons. yea, I cant decide if i like them or not. I love the look on the newer s197's.

#12 ·
Yeah at first I didn't like em but they grew on me, and is the Mach chin spoiler noticeably bigger than the cobra chin?

Also the high school vo-tech class can fix the paint on my car for free all I have to pay for is the paint which isn't much.. And I've seen their work it's pretty good

#15 ·
i used to have plastidip on my deck lid just like his. It turned out pretty good. too my time on it and went as evenly as i could. i ended up taking it off because i just preferred the stock look.

#17 ·
I think its more a matter of fitment, than size difference. but not positive.

#20 ·
The only reason to plastidip your car is if you are specifically looking for a removable flat black that doesn't cost 3k dollars (wrap). I actually love the look of the flat black on these stangs, however with plastidip you need to be super cautious because that paint will go by-by if even a little solvent gets on it (including gasoline). And if you live in California its an utter pain in the ass to get anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#21 ·
Im getting ready to fix a few messed up silver paint areas on the roofline of an otherwise flawless car. will be starting when the matched paint comes in along with the filling putty and everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.