Fomoco's build thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Fomoco's build thread

After 4 years of thought, preparation and saving, I've finally started modding!!

Installed:
Tint
17" stocker black bullits
245/45/17front 275/40/17rear
Mach grille delete/chin spoiler

OnTheWay:
75mm accufab tb
C and L plenum
Shortly antenna

Near Future:
Steeda x2 ballhoints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Koni shocks and struts
Steeda springs
Hawk pads (on new stocker rotors)
Handheld tuner (undecided still, prolly Bama)
Possible trickflow intake (mines gotta leak at the moment, so mite upgrade when changing gasket)

I was tempted to use the raceland coilovers kit but I have changed my mind as the shocks and struts are getting some bad reviews. I've always been impressed by Steeda so I'm going with them.

Hell I might have to try to go on the site on a computer and actually make a garage now...only been here 3 years lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
After 4 years of thought, preparation and saving, I've finally started modding!!

Installed:
Tint
17" stocker black bullits
245/45/17front 275/40/17rear
Mach grille delete/chin spoiler

OnTheWay:
75mm accufab tb
C and L plenum
Shortly antenna

Near Future:
Steeda x2 ballhoints
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Koni shocks and struts
Steeda springs
Hawk pads (on new stocker rotors)
Handheld tuner (undecided still, prolly Bama)
Possible trickflow intake (mines gotta leak at the moment, so mite upgrade when changing gasket)

I was tempted to use the raceland coilovers kit but I have changed my mind as the shocks and struts are getting some bad reviews. I've always been impressed by Steeda so I'm going with them.

Hell I might have to try to go on the site on a computer and actually make a garage now...only been here 3 years lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app


Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1430255863728.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	181300  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
Good looking car. I look forward to your build.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,863
Sweet!


@azurebluemach
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
The parts pile is just about complete, now I gotta find time and energy. Getting closer though, mats are in already lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439432481567.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	189260  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Lookin good. Shouldn't take terribly long to install.


Bullitts are better than Bullets
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
jeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: san antonio texas
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
The parts pile is just about complete, now I gotta find time and energy. Getting closer though, mats are in already lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Nice little pile there making me jealous

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
The suspension on these are super easy to work with, providing you've got all the tools you need. A good jack and stands and a second set of hands and you could have it all done in a couple of hours. There is something about having a pile of parts that just puts a smile on my face. Definitely get some good before and after pics. It's always nice to see the progress of a build and have something to see how far you've come.

Love the look, but like most things, I'm biased. I love the white GT with the black Mach goodies on there. Have you joined the white mustang registry? I'm going to add my wife's Mustang and my Mustang today.

I'm glad to see your doing it right, and smart. And by doing it all at once, you'll love the night and day difference in how it feels and drives.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
The suspension on these are super easy to work with, providing you've got all the tools you need. A good jack and stands and a second set of hands and you could have it all done in a couple of hours. There is something about having a pile of parts that just puts a smile on my face. Definitely get some good before and after pics. It's always nice to see the progress of a build and have something to see how far you've come.

Love the look, but like most things, I'm biased. I love the white GT with the black Mach goodies on there. Have you joined the white mustang registry? I'm going to add my wife's Mustang and my Mustang today.

I'm glad to see your doing it right, and smart. And by doing it all at once, you'll love the night and day difference in how it feels and drives.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
I just found out about the white mustang registry! Constantly learning new things about Ford and Mustangs.
I can't wait to get parts installed, but my neck has recently joined my back on the thissuxtrain. Gonna have to take my time.
Does anyone know if there is a gasket between the plenum and the throttle body?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
dwbrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bendena
Region: Kansas
Posts: 457
Yes there is kind of an o-ring type gasket. I just put a different plenum on and mine looked good so I didn't bother changing it.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2003 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
1968 Mercury Cougar
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
But my intake manifold gasket finally blew out so starting to wrench today.. does anybody know if I need a gasket between the plenum and the throttle body?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
PI intake....yeah right Ford

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441502058618.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	190723  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
fenixignition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, fl
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,050
Yes you will need a gasket. You can buy one, or make one with one of those rolls of gasket material. Stock size will obviously be too small. And looks like my old intake when I took it off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Manifold is toast, plastic is a stupid material for motor parts! Thought this problem was resolved by 04, but the intakes are still a POS plastic junk, look, right at the water inlet lmao, might have to go typoon now...did find my TB gasket though, (it's still stock size, but fits the Accufab 75mm)

Guess AM gets more $$$, pony gets more hp, I can live with that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441505780766.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	190724  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Phase 1 suspension (rear) complete. The major fluid leak seems to be coming from my differential , right at the u-joint is there a seal there?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1442194100495.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	191107  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: HARTWELL LAKE AREA
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Phase 1 suspension (rear) complete. The major fluid leak seems to be coming from my differential , right at the u-joint is there a seal there?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

yes differential has seal behind penion about 1 hr job get new crush sleeve and torque wrench don't know torque on the new stuff deems like was around 450 back in older days
ALLYDRIVER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Front suspension done...x2 balljoint instructions say remove brake dust shield to prevent interference, is this actually necessary? It doesn't look like they're going to interfere with anything , but since my motors apart I can't drive it to find out

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Front suspension done...x2 balljoint instructions say remove brake dust shield to prevent interference, is this actually necessary? It doesn't look like they're going to interfere with anything , but since my motors apart I can't drive it to find out

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Removed em, also threw on 1"spacers. Waiting on frpp intake, then on to bumpsteer, and rear end/tranny leaks

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443984022213.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	191833   Click image for larger version

Name:	1443984135142.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	191834  

fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
She's done for now, Steeda/Koni suspension, New intake. I'll be holding off on install of the throttle body and plenum until I can get it tuned and probably pair with a CAI ..funny it seems to be missing now that I've installed the new intake. I'm guessing one of the cops is now fouling up. Nothing seems to break until you fix something else lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1444846355969.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	192305  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 839
New OEM COPS installed, now purring like a kitten..x-2 balljoint popped out, so replaced both LCA's, as well as installed Steeda bump-steer. Can't get it aligned properly, so MM CC plates are going on next (almost sold em glad I didn't). Soon to have more $$ in this car than it's worth. Swaying toward getting in my 11-14 gt soon

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1455738116641.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	197148  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:04 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
The suspension on these are super easy to work with, providing you've got all the tools you need. A good jack and stands and a second set of hands and you could have it all done in a couple of hours. There is something about having a pile of parts that just puts a smile on my face. Definitely get some good before and after pics. It's always nice to see the progress of a build and have something to see how far you've come.

Love the look, but like most things, I'm biased. I love the white GT with the black Mach goodies on there. Have you joined the white mustang registry? I'm going to add my wife's Mustang and my Mustang today.

I'm glad to see your doing it right, and smart. And by doing it all at once, you'll love the night and day difference in how it feels and drives.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Whats the white mustang registry?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th annual Mustang and all FoMoCo show dobypaw3 General Car Discussion 0 05-05-2014 01:40 AM
How do I re-build a 1965 fomoco carburetor? cristobal Classic Mustangs 6 03-31-2010 02:57 PM
FoMoCo recalls 3.8 million SUVs, trucks WhiteStang99 The Bar 8 09-10-2005 11:48 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:49 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.