2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #316
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
I like my Bullitts. But i'm ready to be done with deep dish wheels. They trap brake dust like no other.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #317

Region: Arizona
Lol. Scott, Been watching your updates on your Steeda project and it's turning out great!! Oh but I am not a 40- Something yet!!.... 38! Lmao. But am loving the Beast.

Here is how she sits currently...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441226004.456512.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	190472

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441226046.910082.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	190473
Interior RGB LED's and triple A Pillar gauges.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441226259.404081.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	190476

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441226100.082784.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	190474

And we won a medal at a car show for a good cause in Summit Nj. The Northeast Mustang Meet. Over 150 Mustangs and I received an award for top 40.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441226189.527396.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	190475

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRKNITE77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #318
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKNITE77 View Post
Lol. Scott, Been watching your updates on your Steeda project and it's turning out great!! Oh but I am not a 40- Something yet!!.... 38! Lmao. But am loving the Beast.

Attachment 190472
Attachment 190473
Attachment 190476
Attachment 190474

And we won a medal at a car show for a good cause in Summit Nj. The Northeast Mustang Meet. Over 150 Mustangs and I received an award for top 40.
Attachment 190475

The bullitts look great with that color too. I was stuck between chrome bullitts and anthracite FR's before I bought my AFS Mach 1 reps. I figured I needed to go with a more stock look. I like them sure, but I'll always like bullitts.

IG: @azurebluemach
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #319
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I like my Bullitts. But i'm ready to be done with deep dish wheels. They trap brake dust like no other.

What are you looking at as far as wheels? You still want wide up front too right?

Old 09-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #320
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I never had dust issues with the blue car. Raybestos rotors and Centric Posi Quiet ceramic pads=zero dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKNITE77 View Post

Attachment 190472
Attachment 190473
Attachment 190476
Attachment 190474

Attachment 190475

Err... I said 30-something. I didn't edit my post or anything I swear! Car looks great as always. I kept meaning to get around to putting in a good set of gauges in that car but never did. I have a set in the trunk waiting to go on the Steeda tho. In addition to the fuel press/boost gauges it already came with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
The bullitts look great with that color too. I was stuck between chrome bullitts and anthracite FR's before I bought my AFS Mach 1 reps. I figured I needed to go with a more stock look. I like them sure, but I'll always like bullitts.

I actually really liked the 18" AFS Cobra rims I had on the blue car for like 3 seconds. Tires were a little too narrow and it was way cheaper to sell the rims and get new AM ones vs buy new tires. I actually broke even lol.

This is a set I might actually kick around buying again but I don't see them anywhere on the AFS evilbay store.

But I REALLY think I might just go for the machine face FR500 combo if it comes back in stock.

Staggered FR500 Black Machined Mustang Wheel & Mickey Thompson Tire Kit - 17x9/10.5 (99-04 All) (99-04 All) - Free Shipping

Get the silver and the black to match the car.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Im also a fan of the anthracite bullits. Got a set of 17x9-10.5" rears a couple years ago and i love them. Get alot of compliments even though you see them on everything. I agree with the bullits on a new edge, especially anthracite on silver. Like others have said it looks best when lowered too obviously. Would like mine a little lower but it is what it is for now. Thinking of moving my 275 40s up front and getting a 305 or 315 for the rears. That 275 on the front would be approx 3/4" +/- taller than the 255 40 i have on the front now. Or go with a 245 45 and acheive the same effect as in it being a little taller to eat up some gap. All back around to your car, i dont think you could go wrong with the anthracite bullits or FRs on it either will look good. Then save the original Konigs like you said and get them redone one day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1441242612662.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	190512   Click image for larger version

Name:	1441242634083.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	190513  

Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:50 PM   #322
Staff
Regular
Staff

So I emailed Cushman about blower cams today... while its out... Will make much more power on much less boost and I've been emailing a user on the Corral that I know has forgotten more about 4.6L motors than I know and he is saying definitely do the cams while the motor is out. Not to mention a cammed 2V sounds amazing.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
So I emailed Cushman about blower cams today... while its out... Will make much more power on much less boost and I've been emailing a user on the Corral that I know has forgotten more about 4.6L motors than I know and he is saying definitely do the cams while the motor is out. Not to mention a cammed 2V sounds amazing.
+100000 on the sound. They do for sure

Old 09-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Well, since the budget seems to be "out the window" here, you may as well just build the short block while you're at it.

Much more power on much MORE boost!
straybullitt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:51 AM   #325
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well, since the budget seems to be "out the window" here, you may as well just build the short block while you're at it.

Much more power on much MORE boost!
Lolz, seems to be heading that way. Scotty is doing a miraculous job with his budget so far though. Have never seen anyone put together a supercharged car, with 34k miles for 10k or a little more and better yet be able to be daily driven or taken to the track and compete nicely. I love this build, i have had my popcorn out and ready to go for months now, haha.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:34 AM   #326
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well its not going to be ready to go till the Spring any way.

And I don't have the money for a full out build, I just don't.

Going to be waiting for taxes for the cams and the wheels/tires and tune but that's all the car still needs. Hoping to make some money back from selling the snow kit and the QH on the ECU to cover a little bit.

CMS 2.5 Blower cams with the TFS gear, valvesprings and degree service will be $1k. Going with the AM wheel/tire combo to save the other $1k that I would spend doing Steeda wheels. Going to put the original wheels in storage and maybe get them all done up in a few years.

Wheels and tires I don't exactly consider a "build" cost as that's just a cost with any vehicle. It needs tires.

I'm still going to come in damn near the $10k mark by the time I sell the stuff off the other motor and the snow kit and the chip and the few other things I have around my garage.

$5500 for car
$500 for intercooler
$350 for clutch/flywheel
$300 for X pipe
$575 for motor
$300 for gauges/pods
$300 for new intake
$150 for motor mounts
$250 for Plenum/TB (not sure if I am going to do these with the blower)
$1k for cams
$200 for an unlocked SCT3 tuner
$500 for a tune

That's $10k right there and I don't think I am forgetting anything. 425-450rwhp car and my goal is 8 psi post intercooler.

Then $1150 for the AM wheel/tire combo tacked onto that.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #327
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Nice! And your building it, so that's a huge plus as far as knowing what you actually have rather than buying someone else's project. Don't sell it when your done!

Old 09-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #328
Staff
Regular
Staff

Not planning on selling it but I will be taking a metric assload of pics from where it sits now (front end totally apart but stock motor still in it) to the pull to the final compression test on the new motor to the cam install to the clutch to every little thing I can think of because if I ever DO decide to sell it I want to have all that.

But I've said before when I sold my blue 98, the only way I was going to get another 04-down car is if it was real low miles, some sort of special edition and the price was right. Like 8 months after that sale I find this thing on CL...

Old 09-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #329
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter

Also great for car shows. Either a large poster board setup or a nice binder. All good stuff to keep like your doing. 🏼

Old 09-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #330
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I just can't wait to see pics and videos of it lol
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 02:29 AM   #331
Registered Member
Regular

You're still doing good on the budget IMO.

I just thought that it would have been awesome if you could have gotten that car running for closer to the $8k budget.
I'd be doing the same thing. It just makes more sense to do some things while it is apart. My original "budgets" usually end up being closer to DOUBLE! Haha.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #332
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah well... I could still not do the cams and be at $8500-$9k before the wheels/tires. I MIGHT start flying again starting this winter... that is a big MIGHT. If that happens I will be making substantially more money and this will get done a helluva lot faster...

Old 09-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

Start flying? When its done scotty u must make a in car vid of some pulls because I demand it! Lol but ya i just bought a x pipe (offroad) to go back in (remember my tob) well the trans is back in but its not fully back together ima put this x pipe back in , my car still had the factory cats ( 6 cats ) and it has no mufflers so its gonna be alil loud lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #334
Staff
Regular
Staff

Start flying as in being a Flying Crew Chief again on the C17s for the USAF. I did it in 2012/2013 and it is the best job ever. Pay went up $15-$20k per year plus no taxes anytime I flew into a combat zone, saw all over the world, did some really cool **** and to top it all off we did some pretty good humanitarian stuff too. I lost appx $1500-$2k per month when I stopped flying.

And yes you can bet when this car is finally done I'll be whoring videos like cray.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like you need to hit the friendly sky's again sir!!!! Can't wait to see the car when your done!!!

bwright1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

Oh kool thats badass, ive always had a fascination with flying lol thats why i asked i wanna eventually be able to fly one of these days, mainly only games i play are simulators these days dcs has a good one the ka-50 chopper sim is fully functional kinda kool but anyways... Ya im looking foward to the vids lol, be sure to make one of ur dyno day i made the mistake and didnt do it for mine, im curious as to how much urs puts down ( i know its just a reference number as many dynos will give different numbers) my next mod will prob be a bbk throttle intake ( the one that has the tb incorporated into it) but once i do that my boost # should drop but my power level should increase but ill need another tune so i wished i would have waited and done that before the blower but i had the itch lol anyways safe flying if u do that again, if i was u and had the opportunity i would just for the enjoyment of it and the money would be just a bonus ( and yes thats alot of money that u could be getting)

thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #337
Staff
Regular
Staff

Blower cams and 8-10 psi intercooled will easily max out the stock rods. If my tuner says its good to go to 450rwhp shifting at 5800 on the stock rods and a lower psi from the blower cams, I'll defer to him. I know the guy I'm going to use is really good.

As for the flying... I don't want to get too excited about doing it again, it could just as easily not happen but they are hurting for ppl badly and always take volunteers first so...

Old 01-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #338
Staff
Regular
Staff

Bumping this thread. I have been dealing with a few things lately from family to health to the holidays etc... car has sat, have not been thrilled with how I've been about getting it ready to go. I cleaned out my garage a few days ago and I am starting to get this thing ready for the motor pull.

Hopefully more to come in the next few weeks. Goal is to have the old motor out before tax returns hit so I can just buy my blower cams, install them in the new motor when they come in and drop it in.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:39 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Excited about this build man, hope everything works out for ya I'm looking forward to seeing this beast finished

torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #340
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Haven't even looked at my car in like 3 weeks because it is in my garage! I understand your pain. How is the knee coming along?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #341
Staff
Regular
Staff

Omg some progress!

Yeah it looks like crap, I had to throw everything in the garage because the sky decided to just open up out of basically nowhere and snap a few pics before shutting the garage door.

Fenders and plastic cowls off, radiator completely unhooked and draining and will take 5 minutes to remove. Snow kit is all unhooked I just have to fish the signal wire out from behind the firewall and remove the module from the glove box. The strut tower brace is off and a bunch of other little crap.

Next up is the rad removal, intake manifold removal, trans drain/DS removal, mid pipe removal, pull the shifter and unbolt the engine mounts from the K member. At that point it will be pretty much good to attach the load leveler and hope I don't smash anything...

Only SNAFU I ran into today was the plastic on my wiper cowl was omfg brittle. I've had these off before and it wasn't this bad. I barely even pulled up at all and this one snapped. Will be hitting the JY probably or I'll just see what this one looks like with some 60 second epoxy.

Oh, and also the strut tower brace nuts were only half nylon locking nuts. Some asshat at some point had it out and lost the hardware. There is a TON of little stuff like that with this car. I think I've found most of it. I'm kinda dreading what sort of wiring I'll find when I pull the radio tho... It does have the pop when you turn on the aftermarket HU with the Mach system so whoever it was likely half assed everything into place. As I mentioned in a previous post, someone loved this car for a decade and then someone else got it and just... ugh...

Old 01-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Looks like a step in the right direction. Mine has been in my pole building since October for winter storage. Made a list today of stuff I'm going to need to overhaul my rear suspension.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #343
Staff
Regular
Staff

It was like 60 today so I had zero excuse after there was a break in the rain for about 3 hours. I didn't get a ton done but a lot of it was getting my head around where everything was at, where all the screw baggies were and all I had to still remove to pull the fenders and the rad.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:31 PM   #344
Staff
Regular
Staff

Got the top end pretty much busted all the way down. Few snags, 1 being that my universal and set of fuel disconnect tools aren't the right size so they rails are still attached and bagged and sitting off to the side. Not going to hurt anything.

Still need to get under the car and disconnect all the rest of the electric, disconnect the AC compressor and then move back and drain the trans, remove the mid pipe and pull the DS. Should be one more solid day of working on it and I should be about good to go.

Need to get it out so I can send the headers off to get refinished and the 42lb injectors out to get rebuilt and flow checked. Will be swapping the front cover and all accessories over to the Vic engine. Hopefully I will be dropping the other motor back in in the March timeframe and do the initial fire up in April and have it ready to go for the warm weather.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1015015.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	196477  

Old 01-31-2016, 04:33 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You need to get a real fuel disconnect tool set. I think mine cost me $150 I believe.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:37 PM   #346
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah yeah I know... Don't really want to spend that $$$ for the amount of times I've needed one tho.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 01-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yeah yeah I know... Don't really want to spend that $$$ for the amount of times I've needed one tho.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It's good if you deal with Chevy, ford ect.

LSX 408 FTW
Dragging your a$$
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:44 PM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Those quick-connects can be a pain sometimes. I think that they were only "quick" when the car was assembled at the factory.
I remember that one of the air conditioning lines was very difficult to disconnect on my car. I really had to work the little spring to get it to release.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:11 PM   #350
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah I still have to do the AC and PS lines. Then its pretty much just tying the electrical lines out of the way and making sure everything else is disconnected underneath (and the shifter) and then push the nose of the car out of the garage and yank it. Last time I did a pull with everything already prepped it was out in like 10 minutes.

Like I said hoping to be at the pullout point in 1 or 2 more afternoons of working on it.

edit: Also oddly enough the 2000 plastic crossover intake is in perfect shape. Will probably offer it for sale on the corral for $50 plus shipping. I've seen ppl still want them for real cheap swaps or someone who just needs an intake pronto and doesn't have $300. I had a split second where I considered putting it back on but...no.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT