2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread - Page 12 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #386
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
It wasn't a build before? Lol. Dude just get in there and cut and make it fit. It's a 10k car. Who cares
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #387
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I get not wanting to cut it up. Is there a different intercooler worth a crap that is smaller? Sell what you have and get a diff one? I dont know anything about them because I dont look at FI stuff since its waaay out of anything I will be able to do soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #388
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Its not the intercooler, its the piping getting down past the rad and back up. Everything seems pushed forward with the Novi a solid 6" further than the Vortech S trims I've seen. I'll figure it out. Worst case I'll sell the intercooler kit BNIB and either run the Novi non intercooled or I'll sell the Novi for $2k+ and go a different route but the Novi was original to the car and is on the build sheet.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #389
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
It wasn't a build before? Lol. Dude just get in there and cut and make it fit. It's a 10k car. Who cares
I care. I've hacked up cars before, not hacking the **** out of this one too. Its a numbered car with 34k miles. Yeah I know it'll never be worth a ton, I don't care. Too much chincy crap like that on my 95 Cobra. Like I said I'll figure it out lol.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #390
Registered Member

Regular

What exactly is getting cut? The core support and some inner and outer bumper? All replaceable. I get what you are saying. No one wants a car that's been "hacked" up. But there is a difference between someone modding a car professionally and a guy who doesn't. I can't imagine you would do it unprofessionally. It's your car and ultimately you have to live with that. I totally respect that. Just playing devils advocate here. If done right, and the car is performing like a beast then what's a little weight reduction going to hurt?

I have cut/drilled my car, my brand new car, like 6 times (rear bumper, front bumper, quarter panels, hood, interior, decklid). It's not numbered, but I love it as much as a numbered car. I just want what I want and I do everything professionally.

I hope you didn't think I was being rude on my last post. Just thought you were overthinking it a bit 😬
Old 03-29-2016, 06:17 PM   #391
Lorraine's driver

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I care. I've hacked up cars before, not hacking the **** out of this one too. Its a numbered car with 34k miles. Yeah I know it'll never be worth a ton, I don't care. Too much chincy crap like that on my 95 Cobra. Like I said I'll figure it out lol.

I'm glad lol.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #392
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its not the intercooler, its the piping getting down past the rad and back up. Everything seems pushed forward with the Novi a solid 6" further than the Vortech S trims I've seen. I'll figure it out. Worst case I'll sell the intercooler kit BNIB and either run the Novi non intercooled or I'll sell the Novi for $2k+ and go a different route but the Novi was original to the car and is on the build sheet.
I see. Told you I dont know about FI.ha. Im sure you will get it figured out whether you sell and go vortech or go without FI. You will figure it out, you have to we are all counting on the Scotty! If you can't do it no one can. Just messing around. But I'm sure you will figure out the best way for you.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #393
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Why do you have to switch the tubes?can you just swap intercoolers and make some brackets?
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #394
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
Why do you have to switch the tubes?can you just swap intercoolers and make some brackets?
You'd have to see it. There is very little space to work with. I think I'm going to get the new motor in and then just go for it and see what happens.

TBTH... I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Centris but I also already have this one and the Novi 2000 is a headunit I would never have to upgrade minus getting an 8 or 10 rib setup at some point.

I may put it up on multiple classified sites for X number of monies and see what happens. I know if I sold it for what I think I can get for it plus the intercooler kit I could pretty much fully fund a Tork Tech kit with a low mileage M112. Which is something I've always wanted to do even tho Tork Tech's customer service is ***.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:25 PM   #395
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoung68 View Post
When he bought the car, it was not equipped with an intercooler.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:35 PM   #396
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You'd have to see it. There is very little space to work with. I think I'm going to get the new motor in and then just go for it and see what happens.

TBTH... I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Centris but I also already have this one and the Novi 2000 is a headunit I would never have to upgrade minus getting an 8 or 10 rib setup at some point.

I may put it up on multiple classified sites for X number of monies and see what happens. I know if I sold it for what I think I can get for it plus the intercooler kit I could pretty much fully fund a Tork Tech kit with a low mileage M112. Which is something I've always wanted to do even tho Tork Tech's customer service is ***.
EF it. You don't really need an intercooler anyways. If you think that there is a heat problem, just squirt a little nitrous into the air charge.

I think that this build will progress at a faster rate if you get the car running, and experience the awesomeness of it all. Then you can figure out all of the fine points, such as an intercooler and more boost.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:17 AM   #397
Staff
Regular
Staff

Agreed, if I can't get the intercooler working I'll just run non-intercooled and go 8-10lbs. With the HP292 cams it should still make a ton of power and see boost quicker but if I can get the intercooler working I'm going to.

Selling the Novi would be stupid, the damn thing is a headunit I will literally NEVER have to upgrade.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #398
Staff
Regular
Staff

Waiting for someone to come in at work today so doing some more research on this banging around other forums. The Fluidyne radiator or anything thick like that apparently makes even a basic Centrifugal a PITA to install. Steeda already did all the legwork cutting **** and grinding down the plastic fan shroud in some places. So that's what's causing that.

Going Saturday morning to take a look at those motors. I don't think getting the Mark VIII would be economical unless I needed another block. Nothing to really make money on besides the block so I'd have to get it for half price to make it worth it to me. Dude really wants them gone so probably will pretty flexible on prices.

Just have to decide if I want to part the PI motor (and keep the heads) I have or sell it as a runner.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #399
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Let me know how the Fluidyne is. I want to get one of those in the future.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:40 PM   #400
Staff
Regular
Staff

From what I have been reading on them there were major issues with leaks and failures before they revised the design in the mid 2000s. This one is from CY 2000 so... I also did find seeping coolant on it. I will say they are HUGE and fat and heavier than the stock unit.

Going to take it to a rad shop to have it looked at and if they say its ****ed I honestly might just throw a good stock replacement in there. I've ran in 100+ idle traffic on the NJ turnpike with stock SN95 radiators before in a HCI car with the AC cranked and never got above 200 verified via a mechanical water gauge. I've never actually had the urge to ever get one nor saw the need for a rad like that on a 281 CI engine.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #401
Staff
Regular
Staff

Also if this motor works out tomorrow and is indeed complete from pan/cover to throttle body I may kick around a 4V conversion. I'd just have to find an elusive Paxton 4V bracket or see if the Vortech bracket works.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just freshen the B heads up that will outflow any ported PI head and not need to buy said ported heads or $1k worth of cams or another plastic intake or a $900+ MHS port matched Eddy etc...

My therapist tells me one of my problems is making a plan, sticking to it and then doing it. I agree... :\

Old 04-01-2016, 12:20 PM   #402
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also if this motor works out tomorrow and is indeed complete from pan/cover to throttle body I may kick around a 4V conversion. I'd just have to find an elusive Paxton 4V bracket or see if the Vortech bracket works.

Would be a hell of a lot cheaper to just freshen the B heads up that will outflow any ported PI head and not need to buy said ported heads or $1k worth of cams or another plastic intake or a $900+ MHS port matched Eddy etc...

My therapist tells me one of my problems is making a plan, sticking to it and then doing it. I agree... :\
Tells me the same thing, but my plans are less complex than yours at this point. Im still working on my lowering plan, lol!

Old 04-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #403
Staff
Regular
Staff

I don't think I'll actually do it... seems like they stopped making 4V parts for these Paxtons a long time ago but never know.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #404
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Are you dead set on keeping the Paxton?

HID end all thread
Old 04-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #405
Staff
Regular
Staff

I am pretty sure I will be keeping it. Its a system good for 800hp which I will never ever outgrow, I have it, I know the history and its original to the build sheet on the car. Also I don't think I'd get enough to warrant selling it.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #406
Lorraine's driver

Regular
Supporter

Region: Indiana
2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

Quote:

I always wondered if you could do a 4v conversion.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:45 PM   #407
Staff
Regular
Staff

I CAN... But question is will I?

I need to call my crazy Australian porter and see what he would charge for a simple valvejob and cleanup on B heads.

Also if I can't get a 4V Paxton bracket it's a non starter.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 04-02-2016, 07:29 AM   #408
Staff
Regular
Staff

So got both Teksid motors for $500... The Cobra motor is complete, even has alternator and rails and injectors and Ford Racing shorties. So is the Mark motor lol.

If I knew I could get a 4V novi bracket this would not even be a question of going 4V. I could always sell the Novi and go with something else I suppose but the Novi is a completely badass blower.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #409
Registered Member
Regular

Do the swap anyway

Mods: Upr Xpipe, Upr CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach grill delete, Chin spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #410
Staff
Regular
Staff

I actually found a guy who got screwed and bought a used Novi 2000 kit for his 01 gt but it was for a 4v. He is stoked to trade. I think I'm going to take this as a sign.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #411
Staff
Regular
Staff

Took forever to make room. Literally zero room to work now... Need to tear these down.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459624928383.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	199175  

Old 04-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #412
Staff
Regular
Staff

Prettiest intake Ford ever made. Going to remove the Cobra badge and laser etch a Steeda one I think.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459624997449.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	199176  

Old 04-02-2016, 01:53 PM   #413
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

That would look pretty cool.. You going to PC or paint it? Good choice going to 4v lol

HID end all thread
Old 04-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #414
Registered Member

Regular

I like where this is going Scotty! No more dilly dallying. Let's get this build rocking!
Old 04-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #415
Registered Member
Regular

That shaped up to be a great deal!

Ok. Just to confirm. You have found the bracket for the Novi, and are now going to do a 4V swap?

And that manifold is alright looking... But it ain't no Bullitt!
Old 04-02-2016, 02:17 PM   #416
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yes I have a line on the brackets to make the Novi 2000 work on a 4V. B heads are champs when you stuff a ton of boost down their throats and the Novi 2000 moves more air than a T trim does. Going to be way more power capable than the stock 2V heads and won't run out of air at 5800 either.

So I'm going to tear these motors down just to confirm everything is in rebuildable shape and then go for it. Need to call my head guy on Monday to see what a valvejob and checkout/cleanup runs on B heads. Probably going to need new springs too.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #417
Staff
Regular
Staff

Only kicker... and its a bit of a big one... the Cobra motor has a Mark bottom so no forged crank.

Oh well, I'll run a cast crank and call it good. I have 3 to choose from now... 2 I got on these motors and the 8 bolt that still needs to come out. Cast crank is good for a ton of power anyway and I'm only using Boss rods.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #418
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Only kicker... and its a bit of a big one... the Cobra motor has a Mark bottom so no forged crank.

Oh well, I'll run a cast crank and call it good. I have 3 to choose from now... 2 I got on these motors and the 8 bolt that still needs to come out. Cast crank is good for a ton of power anyway and I'm only using Boss rods.
Cast is good for 600~ whp, and its lighter. So if you wanted high revs and don't plan to exceed 600 cast will be fine. Just make sure it is perfectly balanced. Seen one spin to 9k before.

HID end all thread
Old 04-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #419
Registered Member
Regular

Man, this is slow build! lol, just playing with ya, congrats on taking the 4v rode, wet dream for most of us

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #420
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Man, this is slow build! lol, just playing with ya, congrats on taking the 4v rode, wet dream for most of us

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If you think this build is slow, don't even look at mine lol.

HID end all thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT