Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

121K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Brought it home today finally. Anyone not following my other thread, I only paid $5500 for 34k original miles because it has a blown motor. Looking for replacement motors already and found a ton of real low mile Vic engines locally. Car is not perfect... Little nitpcky things that drive me bonkers that I will get on immediately.

Honestly... Not really much to do after I swap the motor out and cosmetic stuff. I'll list the build sheet when I get on a computer.

Pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#666 ·
Mount points are the same except you have to drill and tap one spot but the boss is there for it and it's soft aluminum so it's easy. Bell housing setup is completely different but adapter I got from a forum member on the corral who already had one made.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#667 ·
Started yanking the IRS control arms today, looks like its not going to be as terrible as some make it out to be but... going to need to take these to my dad's big work bench and vise to get the bushings out. And then... the cross axis joints... they are $300 new with the removal tool. No idea how old they are and the boots are 100% rotted. Probably would kick myself if I waited till later to do them. Every other single bushing in the IRS is brand new poly now.

#668 ·
So yeah, $300 for FTBR bearings for the knuckles... ugh... well... it'll be a fully sorted IRS. Control arm bushings are out, waiting for the FTBR stuff.

#669 ·
Progress is progress! Im trying to work on getting a SC lined out for my 03 currently. May happen, we will see. Fun chasing down parts, lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#670 ·
Well tbth once the rear is back in it will be easy to yank the engine, its basically all disconnected already.

#671 ·
Cross link bushings for the IRS finally on the way from FTBR. Have the prothanes for the LCAs and UCAs on the IRS. Going to be a fun weekend getting them out. Drill and a vice and a torch and a lot of 4 letter words.

Then IRS goes in, car gets pushed back. Yank this engine finally omg...

#674 ·
I couldn't justify $100 for a set of tools from them I will use once. So yeah I'm going to have to light them on fire and go that route.

Gonna drill a bunch of holes and just go. The good thing is ONLY the control arms need done. Prothane bushings are done in the rest of the entire thing. The cross links are omfg expensive but that was the only thing I need. I am out of pocket literally $350 on a full poly bushed IRS with the calipers included. Yeah its a 99 but I'll upgrade the diff and axles later on down the line.

Man I spent 3 and a half weekends replacing bushings on my tbird. I'll pray for you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yeah I know its gonna suck, apparently just the lowers are hard tho, the uppers are not big enough to be TOO bad. Everything else is already done.

#675 ·
Finally gonna get this bish on the ground again... Ftbr cross links.

Attachments

#677 ·
Figured I'd update my actual thread.

Finishing the bushings in the IRS. Have new throttle body in and just need a few more odds and ends as far as loose parts.

Also for anyone with an IRS... Rent the full tilt boogie tools. No idea how you'd do these without them.

Attachments

#679 ·
Yeah well life seems to love me. Just found out my early November leave date includes me being in Delaware for C-5M Galaxy transition school for like 5 weeks so...

Not sure what to do right now.

Cleaned the **** out of the garage angrily.

Been having a debate all yesterday night and today with myself what to do with this thing. I'm almost ready to just rip it apart, have the chassis hauled off and then sell off the blower, interior, IRS, suspension, 4V stuff, intercooler, exhaust etc... I could probably get $5-6k for everything I have. If I still really wanted a Mustang to take with me after that there are plenty of nice SN95s and Edges in that range... I never should have sold that blue 98 I had... FML.

#681 ·
Lol all the way in TX? Hell I'll ship anything.

#683 ·
Basically have to:

-Finish IRS swap and any shenanigans that come with that
-Intake cams and degree the 4V cams
-Pull 2V and trans out of car
-4V convert stuffs
-Drop 4V and trans back in
-Put everything back together
-Hope I didn't **** up and forget something or mess something up
-Startup tune and then go through all that
-Hope there are no surprises with it going overseas

I mean... I could do it but this is also getting all my moving stuff in line, getting rid of a bunch of other stuff around the house, starting back at my old job and having to re-learn all that etc... etc...

If I was not leaving for Spain in November I'd keep it but... that's a real short time and a part out would be way easier on everything and probably get me a nice running PI GT or SN95 Cobra or just put the $$$ away but it would make me ****ing sick to do it.

#692 · (Edited)
Its a t45 but they are interchangeable from
99-04. Butter smooth lol.

I say keep the car and ship the project to Spain. It will give you something to do once you get settled in.
Has to be running. They won't ship ppls
projects or every ******* in the military would try to ship a 1993 rusted out Bronco...

Don't give up. Try to finish it.

Like I mentioned... There is at least one really nice lower mileage Cobra around here for cheap and parting a SN95 is cake.

But if you don't........
Dibs on engine.

Remember it's a Conti engine lol. Or you mean the wap block? Have the bell adapter for the Conti engine tho.

We're vultures here. Lol
Why im considering parting it. Tons of good parts to generate $5 or $6k pretty quick with that blower involved.

#691 ·
Lol because of theads like this. I know I could quicky make my money back parting it. There is a 86,000 mile garage kept 95 Cobra for $6k down the road that is really making me think...

#693 ·
The T45 is interchangeable, but are the speed sensors? Are both transmissions the same length? Will the same drive shaft fit? Are the internal gears the same ratio as the 3650?

When I replace my trans I want a simple swap with no issues.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I may need a new clutch and TOB also. Hahahaha

#694 ·
Everything is the same except shifter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.