Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

121K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Brought it home today finally. Anyone not following my other thread, I only paid $5500 for 34k original miles because it has a blown motor. Looking for replacement motors already and found a ton of real low mile Vic engines locally. Car is not perfect... Little nitpcky things that drive me bonkers that I will get on immediately.

Honestly... Not really much to do after I swap the motor out and cosmetic stuff. I'll list the build sheet when I get on a computer.

Pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#768 ·
Ok cool. I'm not usually a fan of it either but seems like for the linear springs on the Cobras its ok? I'll go with what you do and remove the isolators and then put a 5/8" heater hose on the bottom coil and see what that gets me. If I hate it I'll probably just order some Steeda rear springs to match the front I suppose.

I did manage to source some real low mile OEM Terminator rear Bilsteins tho which should be fine with either setup.

#772 ·
Thats what svtp said because the springs are linear but I'll install them without the isolators and see how they look. I can always pull them back out and cut.

What year Grand Cherokee. I have one, and wouldn't mind another.
1999. Gonna get a wheel alignment, inspection, put a few hundred miles on it because it's sat for awhile and then sell it.

Scotty just wanted to tell you I've been following and am rooting for you. Can't wait to see how it all turns out before you leave man.
Thanks... Here's hoping.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#773 ·
And in an effort to do something every day and the big stuff on the weekends, did the bilsteins today and while all the trunk liner stuff is out I put the tinted tails. Also the ftbr bushings came in so will be doing the zerk fittings tomorrow and making sure I have all the hardware and run out and get some heater hose to put on the rear springs.

#774 ·
Forgot pics lol

Attachments

#776 ·
Yes it's all in the ftbr instructions.

#777 ·
Well, about to pour *** rain... also forgot I didn't have cutting oil so that'll come tomorrow via Prime along with the M10x1.5 tap for tapping the Continental block boss for the one missing motor mount bolt. Trying to think what I can do tonight... have been researching all the bolts for the IRS to make sure I have everything. I do need to go grab the bolts that bolt the actual rear IRS subframe brackets to the car which I figured out are the same as the quad shock bolts (which I sent with the SRA...grumble...) Anyway, those are M12x1.75 and 70mm deep.

Might do something really simple and stupid like swap the 01-04 console with the 99/00 style one in there now just to have something done lol.

#779 ·
Me too. Like them way better than the Icons and I got them on sale for $95 shipped lol.

#780 ·
Good price. I have the same ones, got a Scotty deal on CL for $60 new in the box never installed, lol. They do look better than the Icons, I get why people like them but their a little out of place to me. I enjoy them on others cars but not mine ha

Sent from my SM-N920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#781 ·
I honestly don't even like the 05-09 icons... the spaced out LEDs look cheap IMO. Anyway, got some garage cleanup done, got a few other little things on the car taken care of and got a list of all the hardware I'm going to go get from Lowes tomorrow or Thursday. Also probably going to order the low profile IRS bolts so they don't rub on fatter tires.

Oh, that's another thing, got a quote to fix the original Konnigs that Steeda put on in 2000 for $150 per rim and that includes re-mounting tires and balancing. So debate is to do that or save $$$ going with a set of mint 03/04 Terminators with good tires already on them for $500-$600 I see them go for all the time... Have to see what the budget is like...

#782 ·
Edit... Screw the low profile bolts. Allen bolts=no. They are a ******* blight in the auto world. Not going to have one strip on me and then be screwed.

#784 ·
Color of what? The car? Paint code YN I believe, just stock Ford silver.

In other news, confirmed through FTBR that the low profile allen head bolts are stupid and strip easily. They have a how-to on grinding down normal bolts if you have rubbing issues.

Freaking cutting oil still is not here... it'll be here at some point today, going over the old man's house tomorrow to use his work bench (vise/drill press) to do the zerk fittings and then assemble the LCA stuff and then here's hoping for a smooth IRS install this weekend. Its just 4 bolts... just... lol.

#785 ·
So... hopefully this seller is not an idiot like the last guy I dealt with (almost had to reverse PP charge but he eventually refunded), I just scored a 99 Cobra throttle cable, bracket and both rear IRS ABS sensors for $225. That's a damn good deal and is the last 4V specific thing I need to be good to go.

#787 · (Edited)
Yeah once I get it running I'll probably stockpile a spare or two. There are actually plenty out there... but you just have to be prepared to spend $$$$$ to get em. You can even still get a 96-98 cable brand new in the bag on ebay relatively often... but for $250 lol.

But this is the last thing. Everything else parts wise I have and plenty of 2V stuff to sell when it comes off. Low mile clean heads (which will be hard to sell because windsor and ppl are dumb), BBK shorties, whatever internals aren't borked, the block etc...

Got held up AGAIN this week but my 96 year old grandmother fell on Monday and been dealing with that as it really screwed her up and Medicaid is being stupid about filling her lidocaine prescription... Good thing I have 45 unopened patches from when I ****ed up my back earlier this year lol.

Anyway she is fine, doing the IRS install sunday and that will be very motivational to see the car back on the ground and pushed back to a point in the garage where I can actually work on the front of the car again.

#788 ·
And of course held up once again. Control arms are all zerked up, IRS is together aannnddd... mother in law comes over, then my parents need something and finally I completely forgot about the 9/16 front subframe bolts and local Fastenal didn't have them and not going to do hours of driving to 3 or 4 different Lowes/Home Depot to check myself soo... Online Fastenal order. Just ordered completely all new hardware and washers and everything for the install to make sure I'm good. UPS ground from Indiana, as soon as they come in the IRS is going in, probably Wednesday or Thursday... I can't catch a break...

#789 ·
You guys want to hear a funny story? A guy puts his rear suspension all the way back together and its ready to go in his car... then he notices that there is a slightly loose bolt by the pumpkin mount and goes to tighten it up and its stripped... Guy has to take the whole damn thing back apart including removing the pumpkin from the subframe to get it out and then buy an aftermarket mount.

Good times...

FML...

#791 ·
If I did that I'd have to drill out the diff cover hole where the bolt goes through to be even bigger as well and then could run into issues with hardware all lining up properly, the OEM stuff/FTBR stuff is perfectly clearanced.

#792 ·
Honestly if I REALLY wanted to do it "right" I'd get the clearanced rear FRPP cover as well but that's another $300 and not needed at the power level I'm pushing. I'll probably do that when I upgraded to the 03/04 diff/axles and new gears someday.

#794 ·
Oy...

Welp it all does come apart and go together real easy. Soon as the FTBR mount comes in its G2G. Also doing the fluid now while its easy.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.