Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

121K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Brought it home today finally. Anyone not following my other thread, I only paid $5500 for 34k original miles because it has a blown motor. Looking for replacement motors already and found a ton of real low mile Vic engines locally. Car is not perfect... Little nitpcky things that drive me bonkers that I will get on immediately.

Honestly... Not really much to do after I swap the motor out and cosmetic stuff. I'll list the build sheet when I get on a computer.

Pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#863 ·
2 cylinders like that, detonation and looks like it spit plugs once and they timserted it and didn't fix the actual tune issue.

Very discouraging since this engine looks basically new and its actually not the original engine, looks like an ultra low mileage reman that they blew up after they (likely) blew up the original. Whoever was messing with the tune was a moron...

#864 ·
Problem=solved

Attachments

#866 ·
Yep, it looks brand new tbth, only 50k miles and have a video of it running saved. Rear main seal looks like it was either just done or right from the factory.

Came with COPs and injectors too, AFIAK, the Lincoln injectors are #24s. If not then I'm pretty sure I still have a set of #39 terminators I got in a big parts trade somewhere.

Attachments

#867 ·
Lol well someone who had this car before me was a ****ing tuning GENIUS...

#868 ·
Engine isn't even the original, its a Jasper and the bottoms of the pistons are still shiny and there is still paint on the internals lmao. I bet this replacement engine doesn't even have 1000 miles on it... Looks like the yahoos blew the original, dropped in a Jasper, blew that up because they suck at this and then dumped it on the guy I bought it from.

Attachments

#870 ·
Probably. Every single rod bearing looked like that and 2 chambers on the heads were screwed along with that one cylinder. I

Selling everything 2V. Keeping the diamond pistons and WAP block for future plans. 4V is halfway down to the shortblock, will finish tomorrow and get the right side bosses tapped for the engine mounts and rear of the block marked off for clearancing for the spacer.

Big rockauto order last night for all gaskets and seals and a 6 bolt 11" flywheel coming in hopefully before this weekend. Engine is going in quick, no more time to **** around.

Taking a break right now for some beers and back at it in a few.

#872 ·
Lol you interested? Those are still on backorder...

If you want anything LMK, I'll sell anything for the right price.

#876 ·
What I'd be willing to let go (probably):

Diamond pistons
1 or both my stock cranks
2V front cover
WAP block .020 over
Pro Products 2V intake
2V COPs
#21 injectors
BBK ceramic shorties
2V alternator

Everything else I can return or cancel order wise, rods still are on backorder from Tasca and I can order them whenever. If not, there is never a shortage of $200 H beams on FB. Everything else was a Jegs order that is only $17 to return to them lol.

Going to put another 4 or 5 hours into it today. Tomorrow and Friday I start my daily 1 hour and 45 minute commute (each way FML) to Delaware for 2.5 weeks. Will get the roof done and engine in during that time and then put a solid week into assembly when I'm back and goal is to have it driving for Thanksgiving. Gives me a month to work the bugs out before putting it on the boat to go over to Europe.

#881 ·
Part number for those rods is CR3Z-6200-B

Show up as Boss302/F-150 rods or 2015+ Coyote rods.

I'll make a FS ad for the parts.

#882 ·
Still need to make that FS ad... I'll be on it shortly... Tomorrow is the jumping off point for actually going overseas (transition class starts) and I'm a little out of sorts...

Got the engine broken down as far as I'm going to break it down till all the gaskets show up. Don't want to expose cams or crank to air any longer than needed.

Oil in this thing looks like it was just changed, perk of buying an old person car motor. Same reason I always tell ppl to get a Marquis or Towncar engine with low miles. Almost always maintained very well and never driven hard. Water pump looked brand new too, gasket was still new looking, you can see it in one of the pics lol.

Posted the only other "gotcha" on this engine besides the bellhousing and needing to tap the 2 motor mount bosses on the passenger side. The oil cooler port is different but the gasket still seals and it will mate up just fine. I'll probably add a little black RTV to this when I put the cooler on.

As soon as the Rockauto order gets here I'll make it look like a Cobra engine and it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

Attachments

#884 ·
It is already a Cobra engine... Same heads and cams. I mean put the correct timing cover on and whatnot.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#887 ·
Ew god no. I'm about the most anti-Fobra person you'll ever run into. Most ppl who have owned a 94/95 Cobra especially will be... get asked "is that a REAL one dude?" every 2 seconds.

Don't care if the car is "cobra swapped" down to the hardware... VIN# doesn't=Cobra means not a Cobra lol.

#888 ·
Ah **** forgot to cancel this order and they came in early lol. Not fractured... Apparently it's super easy to DIY fracture them. Can't beat 800hp rods and bolts for $200 shipped OEM quality. Not made in China like basically 100% of the aftermarket...

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#890 ·
I'd sell the Diamond pistons and these rods for $725 shipped if interested. Pistons are good for anything basically, rods good to 800 and 8K rpm. .020 over WAP with just dyno time for $250 plus ship (weighs about 80lbs).

If they don't sell I'll pack them all with my household goods and grab another set of C heads and take it all with me for a side build when I'm out there.

#892 ·
.020 over Diamond pistons, brand new. -19cc dish so about 9.2:1 compression on a 2V with 42cc PI chambers. Lot of ppl use these with the 38cc TFS.

#893 ·
In other build news... cleaning the 4V timing cover I pulled off one of the Cobra Teksids I parted out awhile back. I legit have a shed full of 96-01 Cobra parts lmao. Even have the "crack pipe" coolant port I need for the passenger head. Just waiting on one more gasket to come in tonight or Monday.

#894 ·
sorry new to thia build scotty. havent had time to read it all. but what are your plans for th 4v .

i have for sale if interested.

Mustang SVT COBRA 4.6 Modular Twin Cam cylinder heads (C Heads)

Mustang Cobra Metco Lower Pulley Kit for Eaton Supercharger.*

Factory Stock Eaton Supercharger with lower intake manifold, throttle body and elbow plenum.

Brackets to reverse mount your alternator.*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.