2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread - Page 32 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #1086
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
It's finally in the 30s here in GA.

(Revvv-AKA The 2V King per Recon)
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #1087
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Lol.
I would just leave it that way. It's a rare Steeda factory defect.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:39 PM   #1088
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Or the idiot(s) who had the car had it fall off and put it back on wrong. I'm going to get the black one on order and probably put it in the trunk as well as the black Steeda door vinyls. Will do all that in the nice warm weather in Spain. Its 17 degrees F here today in NJ... its 61 right now 0135 in Spain where I'll be... yeah... I will NOT miss this weather.

Apparently I datalogged the part throttle wrong and the tuner is saying if I still have the screen in the stock airbox (I do) to remove it because the MAF reading is not 100% "clean" all the time. Not a big deal but he just wants to cover all bases. And all my tools are gone lol. Lucky for me the old man is 15 minutes away and I'll drive the car there tomorrow, use his tools, do a STEP test in the driveway and then do a WOT datalog on the way home from 1200-4500 in 3rd gear. This should get me to the final tune that'll have all my emissions and everything turned back on and I'll take the car to get inspected on the 2nd.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2017, 06:42 PM   #1089
Registered Member
Regular

Just the fact that the emblem is upside down would drive me insane.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #1090
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well now that someone pointed it out I'm mad at myself for not noticing and its driving me nuts too. But... I'll do it when it gets there. Doing it in sub 20 degree F weather is just asking for it to be super stubborn.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #1091
Registered Member
Regular

Do you see what you've done Revvv?
Now you've upset Scotty!

So what's next?
Are you going to point out the tiny scratch on the fender??
How about the little door ding on the passenger side???
Old 12-28-2017, 09:37 PM   #1092
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lmao I know about all those.

I'm actually tryin to get TJ to get Steeda to comp me a black Steeda oval and some door vinyl lol. Can't hurt to ask, gonna be repping them over in the EU.

Also trying to trade a guy my stock hood plus cash for his silver/black Steeda cowl hood. Here's hoping he doesn't flake. Seems like he wants to do it.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:54 PM   #1093
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
...Apparently I datalogged the part throttle wrong and the tuner is saying if I still have the screen in the stock airbox (I do) to remove it because the MAF reading is not 100% "clean" all the time. Not a big deal but he just wants to cover all bases. And all my tools are gone lol. Lucky for me the old man is 15 minutes away and I'll drive the car there tomorrow, use his tools, do a STEP test in the driveway and then do a WOT datalog on the way home from 1200-4500 in 3rd gear. This should get me to the final tune that'll have all my emissions and everything turned back on and I'll take the car to get inspected on the 2nd.

That’s weird cause I’ve always known the screen to be there to force the air straight through the MAF sensor. I bet he knows how to make the right changes to get rid of stalling problems some of the Mach owners have had with certain aftermarket cold air kits. I’ve got my OEM setup on, including the screen. I never have had that issue though when I had my JLT kit, but I understand it to be hit or miss on some of the Mach’s. Some have been able to get it to go away but sticking the MAF screen back in.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #1094
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Do you see what you've done Revvv?
Now you've upset Scotty!

So what's next?
Are you going to point out the tiny scratch on the fender??
How about the little door ding on the passenger side???
I may be more bothered by it than Scotty. It's driving me nuts knowing it's still upside down.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:14 AM   #1095
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
That’s weird cause I’ve always known the screen to be there to force the air straight through the MAF sensor. I bet he knows how to make the right changes to get rid of stalling problems some of the Mach owners have had with certain aftermarket cold air kits. I’ve got my OEM setup on, including the screen. I never have had that issue though when I had my JLT kit, but I understand it to be hit or miss on some of the Mach’s. Some have been able to get it to go away but sticking the MAF screen back in.
I was also under the impression that the screen was there to smooth airflow.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #1096
Staff
Regular
Staff

He told me to take it out. I just did that and then logged 2 WOT pulls on the way home from 1200-4500. Probably need to richen it up a little at WOT, it was getting a little close to 13 but I got it to 4500 before having to lift.

Car pulls HARD and feels great. Definitely a lot more NVH from all the poly/delrin in the suspension but nothing some music won't drown out easy. The most bothersome thing is the damn steering wheel shimmy at 55. I'll figure that out when I get to Spain.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #1097
Registered Member
Regular

Bad tire, or possibly just a bad balance.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #1098
Registered Member
Regular

Aren't the tires brand new?

You could try moving them to the rear to see if that eliminates the shimmy.
It could be a number of things. Check the wheel bearings and ball joints for any movement.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #1099

brand new tires still need to settle. I mean within reason. but it may get better
Smotpoker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #1100
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its not bad, its almost 100% the A-arm bushings, I have had this exact issue before on my 95 Cobra and that's what it was. Shimmy happens at 55ish and goes away around 70. Classic A arm bushings.

I'm also not quite sure what brand the engine mounts I put in were, they almost feel like solid mounts lol. You can DEFINITELY feel the engine and it does NOT move when you goose the throttle by hand. I'm paranoid that the balancer is bad but the balancer looks new and the engine actually smooths out the higher I rev it so I'm just going to roll right now.

I am not a believer that underdrive pulleys do anything but when I get out to Spain I might get a set of Steeda underdrives mainly because they are better looking and they are SFI approved.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #1101
Staff
Regular
Staff

6500 RPM WOT pull datalog just done about an hour ago. Holy ****balls that thing SCREAMS... And this exhaust setup sounds GREAT and I usually hate Flowmasters. Stock 4V manifolds to a VRS/UPR catted X pipe to Pypes flowtubes, 2 chamber Flows and then exhaust shop bent tailpipes and 4" polished tips. Drone is not bad at all unlike every other Flowmaster car I've ever been in pretty much. I might just keep this catback lol.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:51 PM   #1102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lmao I know about all those.

I'm actually tryin to get TJ to get Steeda to comp me a black Steeda oval and some door vinyl lol. Can't hurt to ask, gonna be repping them over in the EU.

Also trying to trade a guy my stock hood plus cash for his silver/black Steeda cowl hood. Here's hoping he doesn't flake. Seems like he wants to do it.
Have him send a black oval my way too.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #1103
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well I'm going to have to pay for it but at a pretty good discount for both. Like almost half off.

They also want me to sign a release so they can use all the pics I send them in promotions or whatever. That's fine with me. I'll do a full shoot in my Dad's driveway before I take the car to get shipped.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:09 PM   #1104
Registered Member
Regular

Nice

Old 12-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #1105
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
6500 RPM WOT pull datalog just done about an hour ago. Holy ****balls that thing SCREAMS... And this exhaust setup sounds GREAT and I usually hate Flowmasters. Stock 4V manifolds to a VRS/UPR catted X pipe to Pypes flowtubes, 2 chamber Flows and then exhaust shop bent tailpipes and 4" polished tips. Drone is not bad at all unlike every other Flowmaster car I've ever been in pretty much. I might just keep this catback lol.

Yus! I love revving these 4v’s out lol. 3k to 7k is glorious.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:43 AM   #1106
Staff
Regular
Staff

Almost made a mistake trading my hood plus $$$ for an aftermarket hood. Per the shipping guidelines for my car, I need to have the EPA stickers on the hood or its a no-go. I think you can get them from Ford for $20 if you provide proof of ownership and VIN but its like 2 or 3 week wait. No thanks... so I guess if I get any power adder sent over while I'm there it's gotta clear the stock hood=On3. Which doesn't exactly make me sad lol. Also will give me an excuse to have a UPR K shipped out and UPR A arms to replace the stock stuff lol.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:32 AM   #1107
Registered Member
Regular

I can't believe that anything legible is left under the hood. Most of the decals fade and some simply fall off at the age our cars are.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #1108
Staff
Regular
Staff

Stickers are mint pretty much. Remember this is a 34k mile car that was garaged most of its life till dip**** owner #2 destroyed the engine and dip**** owner #3 let it sit in the driveway for a year.

Old 01-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #1109
Staff
Regular
Staff

Roads were clear today, just ****ing colder than a well digger's chicken outside... Very careful with the summer tires but got another 6500 pull in and datalogged/sent out. Car felt like it got to 6500 way faster this time, tuner said it would have a substantial performance bump with this tune since it's much more dialed in now and I guess that makes sense.

Don't think I'm going to be able to, or even try to run this car through NJ inspection before I take it. TBTH there is 0 point because it will need a full Spanish ITV when it gets there. Registration is valid, insurance is on the car, title is in my name, everything is 100% functional, should be good to go.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #1110
Registered Member
Regular

Nice!
So is that the final revision to the tune?

Aside from biennial emissions testing, we don't have a vehicle safety inspection in CA. Likely due to not having a problem with rust damage here.
How often do you have to get an inspection Scotty? And how much does it usually cost?
Old 01-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #1111
Staff
Regular
Staff

In NJ its free and just emissions. Not worried about that, car doesn't need one before leaving. In Spain its 33 Euros which is like $40 or so and its annually and its like a PA inspection apparently. They check to make sure converters are in place, EGR is in place, they might do a sniffer, they plug into OBD2 to make sure everything is good, check brakes, check for leaks etc... Not worried about the car passing tbth, everything emissions related is there and everything works 100%. Famous last words...

The ONLY thing I am slightly worried about is noise. The car is not exactly quiet now but with stock manifolds and cats... worst case scenario I get stupid quiet mufflers put on when I get there. But I think it'll be fine as is. Its not stupid loud until you really REALLY get on it.

As for the tune... tuner is pretty happy with what it looks like now. He's going to set the limiter and turn on all the emissions stuff with the next file and that should be it. We are messing with how it idles but that is small stuff I can figure out when the car gets to Spain. I think I might have a flaky IAC but there is a spare one in my household goods or I'll just get a new one shipped over if I need to. No biggie.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:42 PM   #1112
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully it won't be problem with them. It is a full exhaust system after all.
Any word on how auto enthusiast friendly the law enforcement officers are in Spain?
Hopefully they're not like their corrupt "federales" cousins to our south!

Are you taking another vehicle as well?
Old 01-03-2018, 05:11 PM   #1113
Staff
Regular
Staff

I dunno, if I need to get a quieter catback I will get some Dynomax Super Turbos or something and have them shipped out. I get 40 days of temp tags. And its not really a "full exhaust". Its stock manifolds to a catted X to flowmasters to stock tailpipes. Sounds damn good but not super loud by any means.

As far as the car itself... its on the U-Haul trailer... was going to take it tomorrow but snowstorm forecast from tonight till 11 or so tomorrow so re-scheduling for early Friday drop off. Will give the plows time to clear the roads and I can finish up other paperwork tomorrow in the meantime. U Haul rental is 48 hours so not going to cost me any extra.

The tune is "finalized" as far as the AFR. The idle is still wonky when cold but it sorts itself out. The tuner is thinking the IAC being a 4V IAC on the 2V computer is having issues even though he compensated for it in the tune... or the IAC is just bad. If I have to go with the 2V IAC I'll have to rig something up in the air intake because the 2V IAC draws in bypass air that way. Hopefully its just a sketchy used IAC and a new 4V IAC fixes it. Not a huge deal tho, car goes like crazy once warm. I'm going to be revving the **** out of this thing so def going to get underdrives just to slow down the accessories at 7K. Tuner is saying the stock 4Vs are good for 7500RPM so that's where the limiter is. Going to make those 3.27 gears super useful and I might just keep them.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #1114
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
So happy for you bro! Been following along reading all the updates. Now you can sell it to me and I'll keep it forever.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #1115
Registered Member
Regular

I suppose that was a poor choice of words to use on this forum.
I meant that the exhaust system is complete. No deleted cats, over the axle dumps, or anything like that.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #1116
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
So happy for you bro! Been following along reading all the updates. Now you can sell it to me and I'll keep it forever.
I've been told I might be offered a lot more than the car is worth here when it gets there. I would not be above selling it for a high price. Although I think I need to enjoy it a bit first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I suppose that was a poor choice of words to use on this forum.
I meant that the exhaust system is complete. No deleted cats, over the axle dumps, or anything like that.
Ah... well... yes... lol.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #1117
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its dropped off... 0 issues dropping it off, guy couldn't believe it was a 2000 lol.

Well... issue was it is cold AF and then I was required to wash it immediately prior to dropping off so I ran the whole trailer through a spray wash and well... sheet of ice... I made sure to blast off all the suds that froze that I could see. It'll all melt soon enough, clean ice isn't going to hurt it.

And the waiting game begins...

Old 01-05-2018, 12:14 PM   #1118
Registered Member
Regular

Bon voyage #48

What? No pictures of you encasing her in ice before sending her off?
Old 01-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #1119
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have em but I don't wanna lol. In hindsight I should have taken it off the trailer and drove it there first but at salty as these roads are it would have been salted up again right away.

The other downside is the trailer iced up and I almost couldn't get the tires to grip and back itself off the trailer lmao.

The other thing is you don't realize just how well a properly geared low power engine can tow. 2V 5.4L with the 4R70w and stock towing package towed it 0 issues at all. Going up the Delaware Memorial Suspension Bridge I was down to a 35mph crawl with the hazards on because its kinda steep but no biggie. It made it.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #1120
Lorraine's driver

Regular

At least she’ll thaw quickly once she gets to her new home.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT