Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2000 Steeda Mustang GT #48 build thread

121K views 1K replies 51 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Brought it home today finally. Anyone not following my other thread, I only paid $5500 for 34k original miles because it has a blown motor. Looking for replacement motors already and found a ton of real low mile Vic engines locally. Car is not perfect... Little nitpcky things that drive me bonkers that I will get on immediately.

Honestly... Not really much to do after I swap the motor out and cosmetic stuff. I'll list the build sheet when I get on a computer.

Pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#1,332 ·
For that price, you really can't go wrong I guess. I recently saw a ad for one of the high-volume franchise paint shops (Maaco) offering similar priced deals. Probably for a single stage paint.
How did the driveway project work out?
Can you get the car in and out of the garage now?

#1,333 ·
Yes I got a system figured out. Keeping it shorties and regular catted will help in that dept as well. Also I'm saying screw it and ordering a new Novi 2000 for the car. I have the 4V brackets and I'm not getting any younger...

#1,334 ·
Welp shipping might be an issue with the Novi... insurance wise... I think they can only insure it for half and I have had a few packages lost recently... so... we'll see... maybe I will just go full NA build with 4.30s... Todd Warren cams and a short runner intake will put down 400 or so to the crank and shift at like 7500... Not sure I'll need much more than that.

#1,335 ·
That would be a much simpler way to go. I'd hang on to the brackets for a while though. Because you never know.
I was recently reading about N/A 410 ci small-block Chevy based sprint car engines. Some are rumored to be over 1000 hp, but they have been in the mid 900's for a couple of decades now. Of course, that's running on methanol.
I think that normally aspirated is the way to go for road track use, but the GT500 is proving me wrong. Maybe it is the exception that proves the rule! Lol

#1,336 ·
Which GT500? I've been doing way better financially and could see bringing an 07-09 over in a few years and replicating the GT500 commerical on the autobahn. I mean its just wishful thinking but maybe. My wife and daughter (and me) have been getting way more into horseback riding of all things... This part of Spain is basically the horse capitol of the world. Andalucian horses are some of the best you can buy period, the Royal School is 20 minutes away, most of the good instructors here are graduates and we might be buying a horse soon lol. So there goes the supercharger money I guess... this just kind of came out of nowhere the other day when our instructor/friend contacted us about it. I've got almost 10 years total riding experience and my kid is really picking it up fast so... yeah maybe...

Getting back to the car a full NA built 4V with NA cams and a 7500rpm shiftpoint with 4.30 gears and a 6 speed would be a monster... and also be able to do crazy highway pulls... I think the "Todd Warren NA recipe" over on SVTP claims 350rwhp out of a 99/01 C headed 4V. Figure with shorties it'd be around 330-340rwhp. Setup for handling with an IRS and coilovers that is GT350 territory.

#1,337 ·
The 2020 GT500. It's smoking fast around the track in the right hands. And I haven't heard of any overheating issues like I expected. Just the various engine noises, and occasional blown engines. Nothing new. Lol
I still think that N/A is the way to go for us peasants who don't have the support of a large team of engineers, and don't have endless amounts of time and money to sort the car for its intended purpose.

Equestrian huh?
Well, you've had enough animals to have some idea about what you will be getting into with horse ownership.
Before you know it, you'll be looking for a horse trailer, and something to tow it with.

#1,338 ·
Lol nah, hiring someone with a trailer here is stupid cheap... I ain't taking it anywhere anyway lol. I mean it would be a good excuse to get a Land Cruiser... I love the 2 door Toyota Land Cruiser diesels... New ones are basically miniature diesel Broncos... very cool. Yeah we do have a zoo... but we have a huge outdoor enclosure outside built for our cats now so its gotten way way easier. Like 10 minutes per day really with a good deep cleaning on the weekend. Horse would be boarded at a real nice stable about 20 minutes away on the top of a hill within sight of Jerez.

We do have a club member here with a GT350... and the owner is a woman too so that's pretty cool. It's actually not even close to the fastest car which is kinda scary... But it sounds godlike and she got it on the road course here before covid shut everything down and said it was a blast.

As for the blower, I have not heard back from Jon Bond... I really may just get my NA tune slightly updated with a second tune for 4.30s whenever I get around to that and call it good for now. If I ever cam it that'll probably be a side build with the WAP block I have, a stock cast crank, the Boss rods and Diamond pistons I have here. Re-use the 99 C heads I have on the engine in the car now, people pay way too damn much money for the 03-05 heads IMO. The 99-02 4V heads are dirt cheap in comparison and like 95% as good.

#1,339 ·
So Jon Bond got back to me finally... So now I gotta debate if I want to get this blower or not. We have kind of pulled back on maybe getting a horse for riding for right now anyway mainly because we had 2 family emergencies back home that might 1 or both require a short notice flyback if things go bad. One probably is fine... my father had an "ocular stroke" which took out half his vision in his right eye... sucks... but... he drinks like a fish and eats like a horse... so... they are saying he's kinda lucky this happened because it was a wake up call and an early warning to a moderately clogged right carotid artery... Piece of plaque broke off and clogged a vessel in his eye and that was that... so yeah. The other one is a pretty major cancer for my wife's grandmother which they caught early so prognosis is hopeful but that one could go real south real fast.

So I may buy neither thing and put that money in the bank for plane tickets if need be even though the red cross is SUPPOSSED to pay for flybacks if immediate family is in a serious medical condition. You know how that goes... Anyway, hope everyone else is doing a little better... the 3 or 4 ppl who still post here lol.

#1,341 ·
So Jon Bond got back to me finally... So now I gotta debate if I want to get this blower or not. We have kind of pulled back on maybe getting a horse for riding for right now anyway mainly because we had 2 family emergencies back home that might 1 or both require a short notice flyback if things go bad. One probably is fine... my father had an "ocular stroke" which took out half his vision in his right eye... sucks... but... he drinks like a fish and eats like a horse... so... they are saying he's kinda lucky this happened because it was a wake up call and an early warning to a moderately clogged right carotid artery... Piece of plaque broke off and clogged a vessel in his eye and that was that... so yeah. The other one is a pretty major cancer for my wife's grandmother which they caught early so prognosis is hopeful but that one could go real south real fast.

So I may buy neither thing and put that money in the bank for plane tickets if need be even though the red cross is SUPPOSSED to pay for flybacks if immediate family is in a serious medical condition. You know how that goes... Anyway, hope everyone else is doing a little better... the 3 or 4 ppl who still post here lol.
My sister had a stroke this year as well. Scared the hell out of me.
Do what you need to do to be with your family.
My grandfather never trusted the Red Cross. During WW2, in Europe, they charged him for a doughnut and coffee, and then gave him some sort of worthless script in change. He was pissed!
Was a pretty generous guy when it came to donating money to charities, but would never give a dime to the Red Cross.

#1,340 ·
Damn, that sounds kinda painful for your Dad. Hopefully the covid thing will vastly improve in the coming months and Grandma will make it to all her treatment appointments and get to remission. Hope that all works out for the good.

This was supposed to be the year I did many needed maintenance updates to the Mach, but since covid delayed everything else in life, it delayed that work too lol. So far, all are healthy so no complaints.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.