Damn idle. IAC/TPS problems? Idle screw? Help! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Damn idle. IAC/TPS problems? Idle screw? Help!

Hey guys, long story short, 2 weeks ago my car was idling way to high, before replacing things I messed with the idle set screw, which I am now 100% regretting. Well I had to change my IAC. After changing my iac I did the whole idle re learn procedure, as well as following cliffys guide to setting the TB idle set screw..well the problem I'm having now is my cars idle seems to be working JUST on that idle set screw, I'm idleing about 800-900 rpm, but when I unplug the IAC at idle NOTHING, when I unplug the TPS at idle NOTHING!! my IAC is 2 weeks old..I can unplug the hoses going to the IAC at idle, NO DIFFERENCE. What the hell is going on guys?! Its driving me crazyyyy. When i put my A/C on the idle dips down to like 600 and stays there!!! Wtf. Its like the TPS and IAC are bypassed somehow? They are both literally doing NOTHING for my idle, and whenever I use any accessories my idle just dips and stays there, it will not come back up until I turn that accessory off! Arghhh, this Fin car lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
sounds like you need to loosen the screw so the valve can close a little more.

That sounds like what happened to me when i thought my iac was constantly bad. then realized the screw needed to be loosened just a bit. what plenum/throttle body do you use?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixignition View Post
sounds like you need to loosen the screw so the valve can close a little more.

That sounds like what happened to me when i thought my iac was constantly bad. then realized the screw needed to be loosened just a bit. what plenum/throttle body do you use?
If I loosen the screw than the idle is too low, when I put the a/c on it will die...its the stock TB/plenum..the IAC is a few weeks old, even when I attempt to plug in my old IAC, which wasn't entirely shot, nothing happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
only other obvious thing i can think of would be checking for vac leaks. ive been using a bwd iac for years now, idles at 1000 when cold start up, 700 when warmed up (florida weather) and if i unplug the iac, it sounds like its going to kill over. i wanted to say that your iac is stuck open, but you mentioned the old one had the same results.
No check engine light?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT