a while back Blackedout03gt asked what a part was "2003 gt electrical problem..
I quickly replied it was nothing more than a ground, I was wrong.
This is a radio interference capacitor, in fact it is a Class Y-capacitor, Y-capacitors are capacitors, which reduce the interference voltage, and are located between a live conductor and the metal case which may be touched.
The only test method i could find is something called a high voltage test which i'm not equipped to do.
I have attached a picture of the part from a 2005 as well as the wiring diagram showing the capacitor in the same circuit as the ignition coils, this comes from number 18 fuse and is 20A.
So to answer Blackedout03gt NO you cant just connect the wire directly to the motor block it will blow the fuse or could cause electrical shock.