Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Project Pony 2.0 build thread

18K views 368 replies 15 participants last post by  Project Pony 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess it's about that time. For those that followed my build on my 03 3.8. I'm starting round 2. This time with a soft top and a V8.

This time around I picked up a 2004 GT convertible. Interior was great and not a dent or ding in the body. Best of all it was very well maintained. Engine runs strong, and smooth as butter. But it can get better. Over the next several months I'm going to turn this into MY mustang.

So far I pulled off the bug deflector and stipes off the hood, scoop and trunk. Installed the Mach 1 grille delete kit and Mach 1 chin spoiler. New headlights should be here in the next day or two. Next step will be the O/R mac prochamber, and SLP Loudmouth exhaust. From there I'll get into the good stuff. Suspension and power!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#327 ·
Sorry i should of read what i posted i meant they do not touch the quads lol

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Sorry i should of read what i posted i meant they do not touch the quads lol

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2
As long as the wheel offset is correct then there shouldn't be an issue

#329 ·
Looks like the everything shipped out yesterday, except the two front wheels (already had the rears sitting in the guest bedroom.) Everything should be in by the end of the week. So likely next Saturday I'll start in the morning and keep going til it's done.

Going to start with the oil change and the new belt tensioner, then balljoints, springs, then axle bearings/seals. The front wheels will come mounted, so I'll need to have the 315's put on the 10.5s. At that point I'll take it for an alignment and then should be time to go for a cruise!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#335 ·
I did my wiper arms last spring the same way. They were all faded but they were in good shape if that makes sense. Anyway after checking prices for new ones I too decided to save some bucks and sand/paint mine. They turned out good like yours did. And I was very bored when I did it and needed a cheap "mod" fix..lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#337 ·
Some of the pictures so far. I've got some others on the IPad.

Attachments

#342 ·
Those are pretty lol

#347 ·
Sitting here waiting for UPS to bring the front 2 wheels and 4 tires. They usually come around 11 so I'm hoping it's any time now. I still need to take the rears to get mounted. It is surprisingly difficult to find someone who can mount a 315. I really expected it not to be an issue.

#351 ·
Finally, wheels and one axle came in. I already have the rear tires mounted and balanced. Little late in the day so I'll knock it out tomorrow. I'm very happy, just one more day and I can see all this hard work pay off.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.