Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Project Pony 2.0 build thread

18K views 368 replies 15 participants last post by  Project Pony 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess it's about that time. For those that followed my build on my 03 3.8. I'm starting round 2. This time with a soft top and a V8.

This time around I picked up a 2004 GT convertible. Interior was great and not a dent or ding in the body. Best of all it was very well maintained. Engine runs strong, and smooth as butter. But it can get better. Over the next several months I'm going to turn this into MY mustang.

So far I pulled off the bug deflector and stipes off the hood, scoop and trunk. Installed the Mach 1 grille delete kit and Mach 1 chin spoiler. New headlights should be here in the next day or two. Next step will be the O/R mac prochamber, and SLP Loudmouth exhaust. From there I'll get into the good stuff. Suspension and power!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

See less See more
#171 ·
Ok, thread has been slow lately so here are some updates for those who didn't see the other thread.

I was T boned a week and a half ago. It has a few thousand in damage, so far looks like it will fall under the threshold to total out the car. Getting ready to take the car to the repair shop in a few minutes. I'm hoping the don't total it, we will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

#172 ·
Good luck with it. Hopefully they don't find a ton of **** underneath that is crunched up. TBTH that does look like it would be totaled but you never know. I've seen cars that look like they were just tapped be totaled out and cars that looked totaled be fixed so who knows.

#174 ·
Hopefully once they get some parts in they will start on it right away and get it back to you. Usually Im amazed on how quick the good shops can get major stuff like this done and done well. I hope this is the case for you. You will be working on her in no time. Didnt you mention to that you were going to have them paint the trunk lid too since youre going spoilerless?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#175 ·
I still am amazed at how with a real good shop you cannot tell ANYTHING was done as far as an accident. How the do the little welds and pull it all back into place and then tap it all smooth and fill it and... I dunno I know I'd suck at it lol.

If they can fix it I really hope its done right and you don't wind up with a car that just doesn't "track quite right" when they are done. Does this shop have a frame rack (or whatever its called) that will ensure everything is back in factory spec?

#176 ·
Ive always been amazed with that too, Ive had a couple fixed with considerable damage (both hitting a deer) and you couldnt tell a thing. Except one of them took 5 weeks to get done because of parts availability, at least that's what they said.

#177 ·
Got a day off, and since the car is still waiting to get in for repairs we took a day trip. Stumbled across a small car show in Columbia at Fuddruckers.

Attachments

#180 ·
Glad its not totaled. You should find a $5 "type S" badge for that Nissan while you have it. Will instantly add 15rwhp.

#181 ·
At least you will get good gas mileage. If you add the S badge then you will see a decrease in that.

#184 ·
I agree, its tough to get used to. My last couple DDs had a decent amount of power. My Kia Optima SX was a little under 280 hp, 2.0 ltr tubro 4 banger and it was good on gas, plenty of room, plenty of pep (just as fast as my 96 stock basically). Now I have a gas guzzling extended cab, 4x4, 5.3 V8 as a DD (again prob as fast or just behind my NPI 96 stock). But I get what youre saying obviously since I wouldn't have got this truck as a DD. But sometimes with my commute I wish I had something like that Versa!!

#183 ·
If I had a huge commute I'd have a slow econobox but it would not be that thing... 1st gen Insight most likely.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#185 ·
It's here!!! Got my car back and am very happy. I did very quickly decide to remove the stripes. Since both sides had just been put on today they came off super easy. Also pulled off the awful mudflaps. I'm shocked that they were able to fix it and I can't really tell. I'm a very happy camper!

Attachments

#188 ·
Looks great, again its amazing what a good body shop can do really. I like it without the stripes for sure, much cleaner look to me. White looks so good on these cars

#191 ·
Did they get a new door or a replacement from another Mustang?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Or if they bumped it than that is some serious talent

#193 ·
Yeah you would of thought so. I figured it was a new door but you never know.

#194 ·
Pics in the sun. Looks sleeker without the stripes, very happy with the outcome. I spent a while worrying that they would total it. Total repairs came to 4900. Glad to have her back, and looking better than before to boot.

Attachments

#195 ·
Wow nice. And that was fast as hell too damn.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#201 ·
What kind of tail lights are those? Very nice ?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#202 ·
They are the Raxiom Icons, AM has them. Their pretty pricey though. I think near $400 a set, something like that, maybe $379

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.