Project Pony 2.0 build thread - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #246
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
I tried that originally on my 03, but it pegs everything all they way to the right. Looked like my temp, battery and oil ventured far into the " Danger Zone "!

Revvv, I've got my old third brake light if you want to have one to tinker with. I thought about sanding, clearing, and polishing it to stick on my wife's Mustang, but now she wants the same one I put on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1463853823568.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	201251  
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #247
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hmmm, a can of never dull, and an SLP tip....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463854294397.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	201252   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463854313499.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	201253  

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2016, 01:13 PM   #248
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

And about one minute later, both tips look great again!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463854412878.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	201254   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463854425541.jpg
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	201255  

Old 05-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #249
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you look close at the second shot you can see the blue, white and red from the tri bar mustang shirt I'm wearing. Much shinier now!

Old 05-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I tried that originally on my 03, but it pegs everything all they way to the right. Looked like my temp, battery and oil ventured far into the " Danger Zone "!

Revvv, I've got my old third brake light if you want to have one to tinker with. I thought about sanding, clearing, and polishing it to stick on my wife's Mustang, but now she wants the same one I put on mine.

Sure, I will experiment with it. Who knows, you make like the end result.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #251
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Was deleting a bunch of crap on my phone and came across some old pics, and thought I'd do a before and after deal.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1463888789020.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	201320   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463888827175.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	201321  

Name:	1463888844805.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	201322   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463888901447.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	201323  

Name:	1463888915165.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	201324   Click image for larger version

Name:	1463888976940.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	201325  

Name:	1463889027265.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	201326  
Old 05-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #252
Registered Member
Regular

The gray Mustang looks good. Nice polished finish.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #253
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

That was my last one. Stupid amounts of money into it. It had a fresh paint job on it (the second one, as I had installed new bumpers, hood, had some body damaged repaired, and the spoiler holes filled. Figured screw it, repaint the whole thing so I would be sure everything matched perfectly) when I sold it almost everything had been replaced throughout the whole car. Guy that bought it got a hell of a deal. Almost 6k, I had more than triple that into it. Also had paperwork and receipts for everything, plus extra parts. I've actually tried tracking it down since to buy it back.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #254
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That was my last one. Stupid amounts of money into it. It had a fresh paint job on it (the second one, as I had installed new bumpers, hood, had some body damaged repaired, and the spoiler holes filled. Figured screw it, repaint the whole thing so I would be sure everything matched perfectly) when I sold it almost everything had been replaced throughout the whole car. Guy that bought it got a hell of a deal. Almost 6k, I had more than triple that into it. Also had paperwork and receipts for everything, plus extra parts. I've actually tried tracking it down since to buy it back.

I can understand. I sold my Chevelle to my uncle. From there the car changed hands about a year later. I tried to keep track of the car, but I lost interest at some point.

I would love to know where that car is today. It would be nice to have back.

I also owned a 53 five window Chevy truck that was stolen. I can add a Dakota R/T to the trucks stolen, but in reality the thief did me a favor. That truck was one big problem.

I also owned a 64 1/2 Mustang. It was completely disassembled and stored at my dad's shop while I was slowly restoring it. About 3 years ago his liver crashed and we found out he was a functional alcoholic and prescription pain pill addict. I never imagined that he would resort to selling everything he could get his hands on for a fix. The Mustang is gone, as are a few very cherished collectable rifles that were stored at my parents.

He is clean for the most part today, but is in the final stages of cirrohsis regardless. He doesn't remember where anything went. He sold all of his tools, and mine, that were in the shop.

Let's just say things got a little crazy for a while.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #255
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't think I did an exhaust video with my current setup. I know that the o/r h with the loudmouth 1's sounded like ***. I really have know clue how people can run an o/r X pipe with Loudmouths. I'll post a video of the current setup tonight.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:43 PM   #256
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

A couple quick exhaust videos after work tonight. I need to find a better way to capture the sound, a phone doesn't do the best. I'll try the GoPro and see how that works.

https://youtu.be/K9JgmNBkPVo

https://youtu.be/IvGp5h9lN9U

"Insert clever phase here"
Old 05-25-2016, 12:40 AM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sounds real good, man

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:12 AM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A couple quick exhaust videos after work tonight. I need to find a better way to capture the sound, a phone doesn't do the best. I'll try the GoPro and see how that works.

https://youtu.be/K9JgmNBkPVo

https://youtu.be/IvGp5h9lN9U

Sounds good to me

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Great sounding exhaust.
I'm in love with those rail lights.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #260
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Great sounding exhaust.
I'm in love with those rail lights.

I think it was straybullitt that I had seen a post with them a while back. I was interested at that point but still not sold on the $375 price tag. After seeing a couple in person at Mustang Week I fell in love, and had no problem picking up a set. I think they've come down to 350 now. I actually just ordered the Raxiom LED Sequential kit today to finish them off. Has the plug and play kit, flash modifier, and six LED brake lights for 240. That puts me at just over 600 bucks into the taillights, and for me, it's worth every penny. I also ordered the load resistors ($5 × 4, 2 for the front LED signals, and 2 for the rear) from Superbrightleds.com as I'm not entirely sure if the kit includes them. They are needed with the running/headlights are on to prevent some wacky issues with the lights in the gauge cluster and hyper blink.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

That is pricy for taillights.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:43 PM   #262
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
That is pricy for taillights.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to buying a set for our other Mustang.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #263
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Way too much god damn money for lights. I paid $65 with a bit of store credit and hitting a big sale for smoked OEM style Raxioms. Looks sick on a NE and not expensive.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to buying a set for our other Mustang.

If I didn't need any maintenance work on the car I wouldn't mind considering that for lights. I love the sequential effects too.

Right now I need to pull my trans and pray that I only have a throw out or pilot bearing that's bad. I also have to pick up a new set of tires soon. Toys have to wait.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Speaking of lights, do your New Edge headlights fill with condensation for no reason?

I have pulled the lights and dried them out. I also resealed the lights with black silicone / RTV and I the headlights still fill with water?

It has been days since the car was washed. It has not rained since last week. It's crazy.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Speaking of lights, do your New Edge headlights fill with condensation for no reason?

I have pulled the lights and dried them out. I also resealed the lights with black silicone / RTV and I the headlights still fill with water?

It has been days since the car was washed. It has not rained since last week. It's crazy.

No its not normal just buy a new set thats what i did but mine were just spider webbed on the sidemarkers

Old 05-25-2016, 10:50 PM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
No its not normal just buy a new set thats what i did but mine were just spider webbed on the sidemarkers

That will eventually happen.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Way too much god damn money for lights. I paid $65 with a bit of store credit and hitting a big sale for smoked OEM style Raxioms. Looks sick on a NE and not expensive.
That is what I want for mine, was looking at them the other day. Do they seem to be good quality?

Old 05-25-2016, 11:57 PM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

I do really like the Icons tho too from Raxiom. If I had the funds I would scoop them up for sure.

I have not seen one new edge with them around me either at all, not even on the Woodward Dream Cruise last year. Speaking of which I have to get registered for Mustang Alley and buy a spot along Woodward, lol (yes buy a spot, last year it cost me $150 for a spot for the Friday night before and the entire Sat of the cruise itself). Without a spot its impossible to park and get out and have a spot along the main route. Have about 20 cities police depts there, and that many cities volunteer police as well, cant get away with sneaking a spot anywhere, but its well worth it for once a year. Everyone who is into cars period needs to go just once, it would be unbelievable your first time, promised, even takes me back every year when it starts. The best days/nights are the 2 or even 3 weeks leading up to it, its full of awesome cars and you can find free parking at that point and its not overly busy yet like the week/weekend of. Ill try to get some good pics this year and Ill share them, expecially of Mustang Alley. Last year I had a ton, the day I was going to post them on here my phone died completely and I hadnt backed them up yet on my computer. Sucked.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #270
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:

Once they hit the point where moisture is finding its way in it's easier to just buy a new set. Rockauto has some decent ones for a good price. That's what's on mine now, and the same I ran on the last mustang. No issues on either one.

The heat and humidity around us doesn't help either, never gives it a chance to dry out. In a drier climate it's not nearly as bad.

There is a small breather tube on the headlight housings, maybe check to see if they are clogged or pinched.

I have my oem lights still, I've meant to polish em to stick on my wife's but never have time. I'll end up buying new ones for her's and add more junk to my pile of take off parts.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #271
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I do really like the Icons tho too from Raxiom. If I had the funds I would scoop them up for sure.

I have not seen one new edge with them around me either at all, not even on the Woodward Dream Cruise last year. Speaking of which I have to get registered for Mustang Alley and buy a spot along Woodward, lol (yes buy a spot, last year it cost me $150 for a spot for the Friday night before and the entire Sat of the cruise itself). Without a spot its impossible to park and get out and have a spot along the main route. Have about 20 cities police depts there, and that many cities volunteer police as well, cant get away with sneaking a spot anywhere, but its well worth it for once a year. Everyone who is into cars period needs to go just once, it would be unbelievable your first time, promised, even takes me back every year when it starts. The best days/nights are the 2 or even 3 weeks leading up to it, its full of awesome cars and you can find free parking at that point and its not overly busy yet like the week/weekend of. Ill try to get some good pics this year and Ill share them, expecially of Mustang Alley. Last year I had a ton, the day I was going to post them on here my phone died completely and I hadnt backed them up yet on my computer. Sucked.

Definitely post some pics this year, sounds like a cool event. I go to Mustang week as it's only 3 hours away. I'd like to get to the AM show, maybe one year I'll get enough free time to venture up there.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 AM   #272
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Once they hit the point where moisture is finding its way in it's easier to just buy a new set. Rockauto has some decent ones for a good price. That's what's on mine now, and the same I ran on the last mustang. No issues on either one.

The heat and humidity around us doesn't help either, never gives it a chance to dry out. In a drier climate it's not nearly as bad.

There is a small breather tube on the headlight housings, maybe check to see if they are clogged or pinched.

I have my oem lights still, I've meant to polish em to stick on my wife's but never have time. I'll end up buying new ones for her's and add more junk to my pile of take off parts.

I will look tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:25 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Definitely post some pics this year, sounds like a cool event. I go to Mustang week as it's only 3 hours away. I'd like to get to the AM show, maybe one year I'll get enough free time to venture up there.

I would love Mustang week, I will go one day. Take a road trip with both of them, lol.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:57 AM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I would love Mustang week, I will go one day. Take a road trip with both of them, lol.

I have yet to make it to Mustang Week. I have been to Myrtle while Mustang Week was taking place, but I have not ventured into the show.

I have been to my fair share of bike weeks. It's a lot of fun if you can get a group together. If the Mustang crowd is anything like the bike crowd you can expect different events to be held from Murrels Inlet to N Myrtle Beach. There is non stop fun to be had.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #275
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Re: Project Pony 2.0 build thread

Ok so I've decided on going with the 18x9 18x10 MMD'S from AM. Now I'm looking at tires.

So far I've found a set of 285/40/18 Nitto extreme 555 for the rear, and 265/35/18 for the front. Does anyone know off hand how well a 285 Nitto sits on a 10"wheel? Even better if someone had some pictures I could take a gander at. Especially on a new edge.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Well these are nitto 555 g2 on 9in up front 245/45 /17 and 10.5 out back with 315/35/17

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1464564752881.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	201736  
Old 05-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

A wide rear tire looks good on a Mustang. Something about a staggered wheel set up. Just screams power.

I wonder what size rear tires would comfortable fit on the rear of a stock wheel. Most of the time you end up with uneven tread wear due to the tires not seating as they were designed (my experiences).

I have to admit that our New Edges could use a little more rubber in the rear.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:57 PM   #278
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
No wider than a 255 on an 8" wide rim. I mean you can go 275 but it'll ride like ***.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
No wider than a 255 on an 8" wide rim. I mean you can go 275 but it'll ride like ***.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
...and 10mm isn't enough to be noticeable.

I would imagine 275s on a factory wheel would give up all sidewall flex and add drag to the tire.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #280
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Okay, Going Nitto Extreme 555 265/35 18 on the 9" up front, and the 285/40/18 on the 10" rears. Really wanted the look of a fat 315 out back, but the cost starts going up pretty quickly. That and I don't "need" a tire that wide, just wanted one.
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT