New clutch For mach 1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
New clutch For mach 1

Gonna Order a new kit soon What should i go with its a Basic Bolt on Mach1 Jlt udp H pipe catback and Tuner, what clutch should i go with i was thinking center force

The PowerShift Team.
TheBullittTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I put the Exedy mach 450 in my Mach with matching Exedy billet flywheel. Great clutch in my opinion.

Just be sure to get an oem tob and pilot bearing.

Also if you are swapping out the cable, go oem or maximum motorsports

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FanOfSkynyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I went spec stage 1 , paired with frpp tob , Steeda quadrant / firewall adjustor and it does well.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Can't go wrong with centerforce .. the best of the best ..
Really no need to upgrade flywheel , just get it resurfaced.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 06:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks on the insight guys i already have a bbk quadrant, firewall adjuster and cable i like the feel alittle more heavy then stock clutch felt to light, i went with center force, seemed like the right clutch for me on my quest to 11s with s bolt on mach 1 on stock suspension

The PowerShift Team.
TheBullittTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 12:49 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Beware of Centerforce, those weights on the fingers have gotten stuck for more than one person. I personally would never use it. I've had great luck with the Exedy clutches. The Mach 400 is more than fine but if you already got the Centerforce... I guess roll with it. Make sure you get a new flywheel. You can use the Coyote flywheel being an 8 bolt crank, just need to punch out the Coyote dowel pins and install the 4.6L stepped ones, they are $14 and it takes 5 minutes.

As far as the cable, if you have a BBK cable do yourself a favor and replace it with an OEM. BBK/SR/parts store cables are junk. Best quadrant/cable/adjuster setup I've used is a Max Motorsports quadrant as it mimics the feel of the stocker, OEM cable and Fiore microclick firewall adjuster.

Also stock suspension... if you mean STOCK suspension you are going to have a real hard time hitting the 11s. Machs had the bolt on subframes which are not great and the rest of the suspension is pretty much just a GT. You need to be lowered, some LCAs, good wheels/tires, steeper gears and WELD ON subframes to have a decent shot.

I know I sound like a downer and all but just letting you know what to expect. Stock suspension with a Mach is probably going to lose to a bolt on GT with a good suspension setup and properly geared in a race.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT