2001 Bullitt Diffrences ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #1

Region: Florida
2001 Bullitt Diffrences ?

I picked up a 2001 Bullitt About 4 months ago on a Insurance auction sight. I have #00064 one of the early ones
59,000 miles
I Got a Great Deal
It had some suspension damage I swapped out the K member and changed out the IAC valve And some other small issues.
With what I paid for it and What I,m into for repairs Still under $5000.00
Now my question is to the Bullitt fans out there
Did Ford release some of the Early Bullitts without Gauge trim and with a v6 rear bumper without exhaust holes?
It looks like the Bullitts with higher serial numbers have trim around the gauges.Mine (00064)Has just the gauges with no trim.
As for the rear Bumper on this car has no dual outlets and says mustang on the Back.
I know that Ford wanted to keep the car Lean and mean looking but I would think that all of the gt mustangs would come with dual outlets.
Before I swap out the rear bumper for a dual exhaust bumper I just wanted to make sure The early bullitts didn't come with a bumper with no cutouts.
I wanted to keep this car stock just like it rolled of the showroom floor.
Thanks Tim
01 bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
All the Bullitts should have the same parts, early or late 2001.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sometimes it's hard to find a unmolested car ..

All bullitt will be the same as they were from factory.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
infamous281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 bullitt View Post
I picked up a 2001 Bullitt About 4 months ago on a Insurance auction sight. I have #00064 one of the early ones
59,000 miles
I Got a Great Deal
It had some suspension damage I swapped out the K member and changed out the IAC valve And some other small issues.
With what I paid for it and What I,m into for repairs Still under $5000.00
Now my question is to the Bullitt fans out there
Did Ford release some of the Early Bullitts without Gauge trim and with a v6 rear bumper without exhaust holes?
It looks like the Bullitts with higher serial numbers have trim around the gauges.Mine (00064)Has just the gauges with no trim.
As for the rear Bumper on this car has no dual outlets and says mustang on the Back.
I know that Ford wanted to keep the car Lean and mean looking but I would think that all of the gt mustangs would come with dual outlets.
Before I swap out the rear bumper for a dual exhaust bumper I just wanted to make sure The early bullitts didn't come with a bumper with no cutouts.
I wanted to keep this car stock just like it rolled of the showroom floor.
Thanks Tim
Post up some photo's, and yes you should have a duel exhaust bumper. How is the exhaust routed out the back now? The exhaust tips were rolled see photo below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m5lp_1105_03_o+2001_ford_bullitt_mustang_gt+driver_side_rear.jpg
Views:	5466
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	185853  
Jbone007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I have two Bullitts, one in the serial# 2k, and one in the 3k.
Like all of the Bullitts, the two cars are cosmetically identical. Aside from the paint colors, there was only one option available, and that is the Mach 460 stereo, which all but a very few came equipped with... Those are the truly rare Bullitts.
I have found one difference between my two cars, and that is the PCV valve. Bullitt 2117 came with a non-heated PCV valve, while Bullitt 3393 came equipped with a heated PCV valve.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #6

2001 Bullitt diffrences

Thanks For getting back so quick
It looks like someone through on a incorrect rear bumper ( V6 no exhaust holes).
That's what I figured ,I Didn't think ford would do that.
Other than that the car is a stock Bullitt (untouched)
Real nice Stang
It did come with the mach 460 stereo so I guess I got one of the rare ones.
As for the gauges,
I have seen some bullitts with chrome accents around the bezels,So The owners of those probably went aftermarket.
I was just wondering if there was any differences from early to late serial numbers.
The Auction site listed this as a 2001 mustang gt
They didn't know what they had,I picked it up For $2700.00 plus fees total about $3500.00 and about $1200.00 in parts and repairs.
There are some good deals out there,
I Was going to fix this stang up and sell it,I have done that in the past and regretted some of the cool cars I sold.
Nope this ones going to be parked next to my 69 mach1(owned since high school 1979)and my wifes 66 mustang convertible.

Thanks For the replies
Tim
Old 06-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #7

I Don't have a Smart Phone so I cant pics uploaded right now,
As for the exhaust tips they look like they are pretty close to the bumper.
They don't stick out past the bumper like yours
Same exhaust tips just jammed up against the bumper
Old 06-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

The rarest Bullitts are the ones that were NOT equipped with the Mach 460.
I'm pretty sure that all of the Bullitts that were on the dealership lots had the optional Mach 460 already installed. The cars that didn't come with that option were most likely special ordered without the Mach stereo.
I actually met a guy last weekend who had one of the Bullitts that wasn't equipped with the Mach 460. He said that it came with an am/fm radio. It confused him at first because every Bullitt that he had ever seen had the Mach 460. He then did some research and found that he had one of the rare "Machless" Bullitts.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:10 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
congrats on your great find sir mach stereo or not.youve gotta great car and you should keep it.i bet it looks fine settin next to those others.i bought a newedge in 01 but couldn't afford a bullitt (WANTED ONE SOOOO BAD!) and couldn't even afford the gt so settled for the v6 with boat anchor 3.8/ i needed a new car at the time and i knew it was going to be a mustang no matter what.i still have that car with the same v6 but now its just shy of 300hp with it all rebuilt with all the goodies but even after doing all that i know the vin# will never add up to anything.moral of the story....i now have more money in this freakin v6 and i shoulda just bought the bullitt and kept it.i also owned a 71 mach with the 351boss but no longer have it,but thats a story i really don't want to talk about.
newedge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT