99 cobra or Mach 1? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
It's the record holder for most cars produced in one year of any US manufacturer. Hasn't been beaten and I doubt it ever will.

Pick your poison.
Don't forget about the Model T, Recon.
Considering that they were just different bodies tossed onto identical chassis, the Model T yearly production numbers will likely never be beat... EVER!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I do recall something about all that previosuly. Im sure he will clear all of that up. He did say at one point that he would have a full time job in the summer. Maybe he moved out??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I got a really good job. Over median yearly income. My rent is cheap and Im selling the GT
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

How much horsepower are people getting with these N/A cobras with basic mods like Intakes and longtubes? Im also considering degreeing the cams to whatever is most optimal for my intents and purposes. Being 4 cam engine, id imagine there is quite a bit I can do to change the power characteristics and efficiency at certain parts in the power curve. Valve timing and overlap play a huge role in how the engine behaves.

Cobras are not low-RPM motors, but I could shift the power curve down or up if I wanted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
99 cobra or Mach 1?

If I had a N/A 4V I'd try to locate a FR500 grand am intake manifold. The thing is badass. I read in N/A form with cams and other light mods the engine will be in 425rwhp range. Most aggressive intake I know of for a 4V 4.6. Only issue is they're a bltch to try and find.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
How much horsepower are people getting with these N/A cobras with basic mods like Intakes and longtubes? Im also considering degreeing the cams to whatever is most optimal for my intents and purposes. Being 4 cam engine, id imagine there is quite a bit I can do to change the power characteristics and efficiency at certain parts in the power curve. Valve timing and overlap play a huge role in how the engine behaves.

Cobras are not low-RPM motors, but I could shift the power curve down or up if I wanted
I think that 4V's are somewhere around the 315-320 range with bolt ons.
I understand that the cam timing from the factory, can use a little "cleaning up".
Old 08-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah this car is definitely the fastest car I have driven though. And the way that the power comes on is fun. It comes off the line only slightly faster than the GT, and then it really picks up. The cornering is noticably better than my stock 99 GT SRA car.

I think I am going to keep the mods very simple on this since it really is almost showroom condition. Bone stock and only 48k miles, but he had receipts from 19 oil changes
Old 08-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

The torque output is very similar to the 2V's. That, along with the slightly heavier weight of the car, will make the off the line performance feel about the same as a GT. The 4V should really shine from that point on though.

I'm glad that you were able to find a nice example of a car that you wanted, Panther! You're going to enjoy it!!

Are we going to get to see a picture of it?
Old 08-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Put 4.10s or even 4.30s in it.

For cams, install 96-98 Cobra intake cams if you are going to mess with it. I would not at that mileage. Longtubes should be the last mod you do btw.

Gears
Catback and mid pipe
Mgw or Steeda t45 shifer
Subframes
Tune
Suspension Suspension Suspension to include the FTBR kit for the IRS.

Then worry about longtubes and a shorty pipe. Get Kooks or ARH or do not bother.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Im dreaming of a quick change rear end lol. I drive interstates a lot. Ill try to get a picture on here but shes jsut a plane jane black convertible. Boner stock
Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

You can see the weather by looking at the hood! lol. Washed and waxed since the pic and it looks really nice

Old 08-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Old 08-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Those are pics from the CL ad. My cellphone pics sucked compared to them but you can see it in my garage parked in the alley behind my house
Old 08-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff

It does look great. Please take good care of a car like that. Spend the extra $$$ for higher quality name brand parts and don't try to hackjob stuff.

If you do a lot of interstate driving... 4.10s are not terrible. The NA 4V needs the gearing to get going although the 99/01 cars are not as bad as the 96-98 cars.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

yeah scotty Im taking this car a lot more seriously than my 99 GT. It would be a shame to cut up a car like this. Im gonna do hackjob **** on less important cars for fun.

My 99 taught me a lot about mustangs and mod motors. I just changed the oil (Motorcraft oil and filter) and polished the **** out of this car yesterday.

Penzoil synchromesh next weekend since I am pretty sure this still has original fluid in the gearbox. I honestly baby this car around like its made of glass haha. I don't put the engine under a lot of load very often except when I am in higher RPMs and gotta hear the pipes
Old 08-09-2015, 10:44 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

That car is beautiful!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Stray. Its like driving a time capsule lol
Old 08-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Its kinda funny when driving around, you can tell when you go by somebody that likes cobras

Most people dont look twice tho lol
Old 08-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

That's kinda like my Bullitt. It's pretty obvious when someone knows what it is, but to most people, it's just another Mustang.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #54
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yep, you always know when someone is an enthusiast. You also have more of a chance of running into "that guy" who thinks he knows more about your car than you do lol.

Driving around in a 94/95 Cobra and every swinging dick asking "is that a real one"... lol. At least the 99/01s are pretty distinct. Especially the 01s.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:41 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So what you need to do is take the EFI out and replace it with 2 4 barrel carbs. And about your cams. You need to take those out as well and replace them with one very long carb. And about your cold air intake. Just replace that with a carb also. Oh don't forget your long tube headers. You can replace that as well with a four barrel carb. Just make sure it's long enough to reach the single barrel carb that you're gonna replace the exhaust with. Also you're gonna need Pistons. I hear you can take carbs and put those in place of carbs as well. You might just want to replace the whole engine with a carb. And your wheels. Make sure to put good rubber on your carbs so you can get better grip on the road with your new carb wheels. You should replace your headlights with a carb as well. Oh don't forget to round off every bolt and snap them because you get mad at them. Oh don't forget to punch something really hard when you get mad at your car. Preferably punch the fender or hood area.

Sent from the mothership.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Will you be changing to carburetor again?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
yeah scotty Im taking this car a lot more seriously than my 99 GT. It would be a shame to cut up a car like this. Im gonna do hackjob **** on less important cars for fun.

My 99 taught me a lot about mustangs and mod motors.
No.
He's not going to put a carburetor on his Cobra.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

He should, since you know it's superior to fuel injection.

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Actually, and this is no shlt, I'm strongly considering removing the EFI on my truck and using a carburetor. The fuel injection is maxed out with my current setup and it is cheaper and easier to go with a carburetor than it is to piece together the EFI parts to do it right.
I'm considering this for all of the reasons that Panther has been preaching, but most important, I don't want to pay for a new tune every time that I change something.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
So what you need to do is take the EFI out and replace it with 2 4 barrel carbs. And about your cams. You need to take those out as well and replace them with one very long carb. And about your cold air intake. Just replace that with a carb also. Oh don't forget your long tube headers. You can replace that as well with a four barrel carb. Just make sure it's long enough to reach the single barrel carb that you're gonna replace the exhaust with. Also you're gonna need Pistons. I hear you can take carbs and put those in place of carbs as well. You might just want to replace the whole engine with a carb. And your wheels. Make sure to put good rubber on your carbs so you can get better grip on the road with your new carb wheels. You should replace your headlights with a carb as well. Oh don't forget to round off every bolt and snap them because you get mad at them. Oh don't forget to punch something really hard when you get mad at your car. Preferably punch the fender or hood area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
Will you be changing to carburetor again?

What's the point of bringing all this up again?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #61
Registered Member

Regular

Simple, just stirring the pot.

Pick your poison.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:37 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Just because I don't like him and want to ruin his thread like he has done to so many others with legitimate issues and concerns. Also he told the mods to F off and he hates people on here and has told other members that he would beat their butt if he saw them in real life and they need to F off and die. There was a whole thread about it.
Also we all need to convert our carbs to carbs. And they need carbs on top of those. See it's not funny. It's childish crap he does and he is praised on here as a good, reputable, knowledgeable member.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man what have I missed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:44 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Seems like there's a minor case of hostility here. Well maybe not minor.

Pick your poison.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just because I don't like him and want to ruin his thread like he has done to so many others with legitimate issues and concerns. Also he told the mods to F off and he hates people on here and has told other members that he would beat their butt if he saw them in real life and they need to F off and die. There was a whole thread about it.
Also we all need to convert our carbs to carbs. And they need carbs on top of those. See it's not funny. It's childish crap he does and he is praised on here as a good, reputable, knowledgeable member.

Those are all valid reasons, but it becomes a "chicken and egg" thing after a while. No one remembers who started it, and, probably, no one cares.

You are only as good as your last post, Slater...
Old 08-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Sounds like you're acting just as childish. Grow the **** up and move on. Just because he may have done something in the past doesn't mean you have to stoop to his level and make even more of a headache for everyone else.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

And there lies the problem. Members here will defend someone like him vs someone that gives good info and is courteous to other members. My point exactly. I'm off my rant.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone here would do the same for you, if the roles were reversed...
Old 08-10-2015, 08:13 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I have requested my profile be taken down.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #70
Registered Member

Regular

Why not put him on your ignore list? No reason one person has to ruin the forum for you.

Pick your poison.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT