99 cobra or Mach 1? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm with slater on this, Panther is also a huge liar. I highly doubt he has what he claims to own now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater2111 View Post
And there lies the problem. Members here will defend someone like him vs someone that gives good info and is courteous to other members. My point exactly. I'm off my rant.

Sent from the mothership.
He's been back for a week or two now and we haven't heard a single thing about carb swapping anything and he has been giving out good tech advice. That's enough of a reason for me to stand up for him. What sort of forum would we be if everybody just held grudges over past remarks? Mustangz is a prime example of a guy who got in arguments all the time with members, even more so than Panther did, and yet he is still here and everybody has gotten over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Anyone here would do the same for you, if the roles were reversed...

This.

Quote:
I have requested my profile be taken down.

Bye, sounds like you have some growing up to do anyways.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I have requested my profile be taken down.

This website is like the "Hotel California"... You can check in any time, but you can NEVER leave.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 10:00 PM   #74
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
99 cobra or Mach 1?

^ you need to add this. 😈 .at the end.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:05 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
This website is like the "Hotel California"... You can check in any time, but you can NEVER leave.
Best. Forum. Quote. Ever.

(I'm a huge Eagles fan)
dwbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:01 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Im not going to mod this car in any way except for maybe some Borlas and/or an intake manifold. Yes I love carburetors, but the EFI is working properly right now so I'm not going to screw with it.

If this quality of this car is ever compromised, or I run into EFI headaches then I would consider it. Honestly wish it was carbureted from the factory. I also wish the interior was more exciting. But I am not going to change it in any major way.
Panther140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
He should, since you know it's superior to fuel injection.

There is a time and a place for both carbs and EFI. If you have something mint condition that you just want to preserve, stock EFI is fine.

Pretty much any other situation carbs have compelling advantages and a lot of times they are more ideal.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I'm with slater on this, Panther is also a huge liar. I highly doubt he has what he claims to own now.

I am not a huge liar and I don't think I have lied on here much at all. i think you just dont like me, which is fine. But I do have these cars and I love them both The GT is just more of a problem child
Old 08-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
I am not a huge liar and I don't think I have lied on here much at all. i think you just dont like me, which is fine. But I do have these cars and I love them both The GT is just more of a problem child

Never said I didn't like you, but you have many troll posts

alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:25 AM   #80
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther140 View Post
Im not going to mod this car in any way except for maybe some Borlas and/or an intake manifold. Yes I love carburetors, but the EFI is working properly right now so I'm not going to screw with it.

If this quality of this car is ever compromised, or I run into EFI headaches then I would consider it. Honestly wish it was carbureted from the factory. I also wish the interior was more exciting. But I am not going to change it in any major way.
Suspension. Kind of mandatory for the SN95 cars. The front end looks absolutely ridiculous at the stock factory height.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Suspension. Kind of mandatory for the SN95 cars. The front end looks absolutely ridiculous at the stock factory height.
Yeah suspension would be one thing im willing to do. just something basic. It actually corners really well right now.

I think these have a 45/55 weight distribution and IRS. So what you get is actually better than I thought. this car feels like it is cooperating with me in the turns and being more predictable, where the SRA would be feeling slightly awkward. Not a huge deal though. You can 'thread the needle' a bit better but maybe that's because my GT is basically a giant piece of junk compared to this car.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:30 PM   #82
Staff
Regular
Staff

It handles well compared to a worn out 4 link SRA car. Ride in something that has a good setup and you will be like "oh... damn..." But if it works for you and you are happy with it then all is well. Just please get rid of the 4x4 look up front lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

I plan to get rid of the front wheel gap. What are some solid coilovers I can get? Im not about to go buy some suspension that I can't adjust
Old 08-12-2015, 09:14 PM   #84
Staff
Regular
Staff

Max Motorsports with Konis would be my choice for a street coilover setup. Make sure you do the MM CC plates too.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

OKay Ill inbox you my paypal information can you give me a loan that I will tentatively commit to repaying? lol
Old 08-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
You could go with a nice set of lowering springs and CC plates to start with if your shocks/struts are fine or upgrade those as well. Adjustability is nice if you plan on tracking it quite often. But you could spend around $1200 or so and get a set of HR Supersports, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, and MM CC plates. It would look great with that set up and im sure handle even better than it is now without breaking the bank. Possibly new ball joints while youre in there, Steeda X2s or a set of Moogs. Im sure you know all of this anyway, this is what i have and it worked very well for me and i noticed quite a bit of improvement.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #87
Staff
Regular
Staff

Honestly, my 98 had a set of BBK springs and Tokico Illuminas on it with MM CC plates and it felt like stock but dropped the car a solid 1.25-1.5" and rode like stock. Really don't need coilovers unless you NEED the adjustability.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:26 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
He's been back for a week or two now and we haven't heard a single thing about carb swapping anything and he has been giving out good tech advice. That's enough of a reason for me to stand up for him. What sort of forum would we be if everybody just held grudges over past remarks? Mustangz is a prime example of a guy who got in arguments all the time with members, even more so than Panther did, and yet he is still here and everybody has gotten over it.

This.

Bye, sounds like you have some growing up to do anyways.

I may have talked out of my butt and over reacted a wee bit. I did act childish, and I did stoop to his level. After calming down for a few days and not getting a reply back from the admin about taking down my profile, I decided to come back and make amends with everyone I offended including Panther. Panther you didn't deserve my outburst. You have a very nice car and I hope you take good care of it. It seems you will after learning with your GT. To everyone else I hope I can make up my comments and attitude to you all as well.

Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

no worries man it happens on the internet!
Old 08-13-2015, 07:10 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I may have talked out of my butt and over reacted a wee bit. I did act childish, and I did stoop to his level. After calming down for a few days and not getting a reply back from the admin about taking down my profile, I decided to come back and make amends with everyone I offended including Panther. Panther you didn't deserve my outburst. You have a very nice car and I hope you take good care of it. It seems you will after learning with your GT. To everyone else I hope I can make up my comments and attitude to you all as well.

Good to hear and welcome back!
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT