Originally Posted by bwright1973
Was looking at stroker cranks this morning it would be a lot cheaper building the 5.4 as to stroke the 4.6 for sure but I sure don't want to build a problem by any means!
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Idk if I would do a stroker unless you really want cubes.
Id rather bore it out, if anything.
Negative side to stroking
- Too much compression with a turbo (Deck height is shorter on 4.6)
- Lower revving (for a number of reasons)
- Will have to run shorter con rods = more side load on piston
- More side load on piston + Turbo = ehh
- Wont really be able to increase displacement very much.
-Will unbalance the square bore:stroke ratio of the 4.6, which is actually quite good.
If you do a stroker, stroke out a 5.4. There is not that much to work with on a 4.6. At least the 5.4