Max hp a 4.6 can handle - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Max hp a 4.6 can handle

Lol torque boxes are needed if its hooking up, i bet it dont hook right now when ur into it thats why it hasnt ripped the torque boxes right out, so that would be my first mod to it and go from there, id rathar it spin with stock boxes cuz it would damage them otherwise so just be carefull, once u get the boxes welded and such getting it to hook wont be hard , atleast most of the motor is done u can just finish it with making it hook, i know its a street and all but i know 2 700hp cars that when they come off the trans brake/ drop the clutch it feels like u cant breathe untill the launch is done lol and thats on the street and it dont spin on a small burnout with warm pavement and tires warm ... So makin it stick u can do even tho its not at the track... Breakin loose is fun sometimes but spinnin aint winning... And a car with that much power it be better to progressively put ur foot into it because hopping in it without knowing the car much and putting it to the floor would produce so much wheelspin that when it breaks sideways it could hurt u so just be easy untill u learn the car if u do get it, i couldnt see the buildsheet that well so i wonder what all is done to the trans and if a manual valve body was put in.. Prolly not if it was built just for the street but it does need upgraded if its not when u start hooking up it will eventually let go if nothing was done, i cant see the sheet on the phone so i dunno what all it said lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thyreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2015, 01:16 AM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I got a call from my dad about an hour ago and he has been a investment banker since he was 20 and he has been telling me what to invest in and he called me saying that one of my biggest investments might be coming in the beginning of january so he told me to hold off on buying that foxbody until i find out about my investment because if it comes in i really want to look at a hellcat, gt500, z07, or a viper

Murdered5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:16 AM   #213
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
If you are that young and have that big a chunk of money coming out of an invenstment... re-invest it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #214
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you are that young and have that big a chunk of money coming out of an invenstment... re-invest it.
+1. I wish I would have invested much more when I was younger. Take part and play but put the rest back in.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Ya no kidding, i wish i would have had a good mentor when i was younger to guide me in investing but hey... Id re-invest and take the money u gained and go buy u a nice car, that away it dont cut in ur current pockets it would be the money earned on an investment... Really smart thing to do, i dont know how much ud have to invest or what ur doing and how much ud earn but its worth waiting because even if that foxbody is gone there may be something better that may come along... A sn95/new edge is fun but any 4.6 u have to boost or spray it to make any real power but it dont take that much money to get u 450 whp when u add a centrifugal blower ( vortech or procharger ) and a good tune and ull have a quick fun car and if u want more power and u have the money u could just turbo it with some forged internals / upgraded fuel system and stomp ur friends cars like they tied to a stomp... The difference would be that u put ur car together so u know whats in it, it would be nice to find one with suspension upgrades already done and what not but hey it would still be a good learning experience, we are here to help if u need it

Old 12-16-2015, 10:20 AM   #216
Staff
Regular
Staff

Or he could just get a really good interest rate on a used 11-14 GT, do some basic bolt ons and have an 11 second daily that gets high 20mpg and all the creature comforts. Then just do the payment thing for 3-5 years and re-invest all the money he is getting back.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:29 AM   #217
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered5.0 View Post
I got a call from my dad about an hour ago and he has been a investment banker since he was 20 and he has been telling me what to invest in and he called me saying that one of my biggest investments might be coming in the beginning of january so he told me to hold off on buying that foxbody until i find out about my investment because if it comes in i really want to look at a hellcat, gt500, z07, or a viper

Have gotten ahold of the guy about the 89 Mustang.....with the 500hp 351 and apparently he just bought the car from a friend. The rotating assembly is stock and my guess would a lot less HP than he thinks it is.........motor was put together by some machine shop in Vancouver, WA....the machine shop told his friend it would make 500hp..............sounds like I don't need to go any further with this since you are possibly talking about a new car after the first of the year.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #218
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Have gotten ahold of the guy about the 89 Mustang.....with the 500hp 351 and apparently he just bought the car from a friend. The rotating assembly is stock and my guess would a lot less HP than he thinks it is.........motor was put together by some machine shop in Vancouver, WA....the machine shop told his friend it would make 500hp..............sounds like I don't need to go any further with this since you are possibly talking about a new car after the first of the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drops-Mic.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	194870  

Old 12-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #219
Registered Member

Regular

Just a last comment.....a car is one of the worst investments you can make!...unless you've got the money to by a 250 GTO Ferarri....now that's an investment car.
When I bought the 03 Terminator with 5500 miles I got it for the right price and have thought about selling it.........I think right now I could make a quick $5k by flipping it....assuming the Stock Market doesn't take a dump after the first of the year.........and on the other hand it's a darn fun car to drive, a lot more fun than my 14 was, even if I don't get as many people telling me how fantastic my 14 TrakPak looked...it's not about them it's about me....
So, if you want to go out and spend crazy money for a new car...be my guest...personally I'd rather take that $100k and by 3 or 4 neat cars....like the Fox Body in Chicago....spend another $5k to make the chassis right......have $20k in the car and go out and dust off a Corvettes/Mustangs/ or a Hell Cat or two. Then go out and by a LS Mustang or 640hp 4dr Corvette that rides nice and is quite.........to use as your DD.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #220
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
The classics are doing well in terms of value.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #221
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Recon View Post
The classics are doing well in terms of value.

Pick your poison.
Until the Fed's increase the interest rate!?
Old 12-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah i am leaving 1/5 of it for investment when the right one comes up but i have been waiting for this investment for 2 years and if it comes im going to get myself a gift

Old 12-16-2015, 12:30 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well im not sure if it is coming, he told me theres a good chance. But if the shop told him it has 500 and it has stock bottom end basicly it wouldnt make close to that

Old 12-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Ive been investing since i was 18 and 9 years later i have probably made close to 200 grand and i have put away all of it because my dad sais its better to have the money when your older than when your young so i have always put it away but this time i want to treat myself to 1 car

Old 12-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #225
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well im not sure if it is coming, he told me theres a good chance. But if the shop told him it has 500 and it has stock bottom end basicly it wouldnt make close to that

With a stock rotating assembly....not sure what heads or cam....doubt it would be 350 to maybe 400 at most.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With a stock rotating assembly....not sure what heads or cam....doubt it would be 350 to maybe 400 at most.

Okay thank you for looking into it for me

Old 12-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #227
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Ive been investing since i was 18 and 9 years later i have probably made close to 200 grand and i have put away all of it because my dad sais its better to have the money when your older than when your young so i have always put it away but this time i want to treat myself to 1 car

Hoping you've got a good portfolio.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #228
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Okay thank you for looking into it for me

That's what this site is all about.........helping each other.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Portfolio?

Old 12-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what this site is all about.........helping each other.

Even after the new year if i get the investment i may still get a foxbody because i do have my work truck that the company pays for so i might just get a crazy weekend car
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1450292427.516300.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	194871

Old 12-18-2015, 01:25 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Max hp a 4.6 can handle

Quote:
Or he could just get a really good interest rate on a used 11-14 GT, do some basic bolt ons and have an 11 second daily that gets high 20mpg and all the creature comforts. Then just do the payment thing for 3-5 years and re-invest all the money he is getting back.

Ya but a new car payment sucks no matter how u look at it and for 20+ grand for a newer coyote u could have the rawest of the raw as far as a pre 05 goes, you have to admit you where gonna go to a newer car but decided it wont worth it lol... And theres a good reason , having a 11 or newer car is nice but they are heavier and he would be crazy to do payments if he had the money to just buy it right out because by the time ur done making 20k in payments u done spent 7+ grand in finance fees/intrest ect... If i had over 200 grand (like he stated)id treat myself to a newer car but making a payment wouldnt happen not on a car for that amount when i had that much money and wanted something nice, then he could play with it later after he made all his money back by adding a blower of some sort, vortech and procharger makes a nice kit for them and it drives like stock but mat it and 600+ hp plants u in the seat... Now thats livin it up lol

Old 12-18-2015, 01:58 AM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

I do like the fact of getting a new car like a shelby or a hellcat. Its got all the bells and whistles and stock with over 650hp is amazing but theres something about those old fox bodies that get me.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:54 AM   #233
Staff
Regular
Staff

****, if you have $200k for real and want a nice car just get a 11-14 Coyote for the low $20k-$30k range or a 07-10 GT500 for the same price.

I just saw a real low mileage 07 GT500 near me with all the stuff already done to it making 620 to the wheels on a real conservative tune sell for $30k cash.

I'd get something like that vs $70k for a Hellcat or Vette or something...

edit: And your Dad is right btw, and props to you for listening. My Dad told me the same thing but never really showed me the ropes on investing and I probably would not have listened even then anyway. Years later I've had to start from scratch...

Old 12-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah it was hard trying not to spend it. And i will have way over 200k after this and i want to get my dream car so getting a 70k car is totally fine with me

Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #235
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well... you can't take it with you. He who dies with the most stuff wins.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #236
Registered Member

Regular

You young guys are just too funny
Old 12-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #237
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Well... you can't take it with you. He who dies with the most stuff wins.
If you guys were my age then I'd agree.........I would assume most of you have at least another 30/40 years to hang around with you feet on top of the ground
Old 12-18-2015, 02:17 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i am 27

Old 12-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #239
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Quote:
Portfolio?

Quote:

Investing for 9 years and made over $200k, but questioned about a portfolio? I don't want to be "that guy" but that seems a bit odd. I've been investing for 4 years now (20 years old) and i knew what a portfolio was before i even started.

What types of markets have you invested in? Mutual funds, Common Stocks, Preferred Stocks, Bonds, ETFs, Options etc.....?

If you haven't heard of it before, look up the rule of 72. Its a rule of thumb on how long it takes your investment to double assuming you have a constant ROI.

Still very lucky you have a dad good with this stuff though. My dad invests, but just on the side. I'm looking to go into the investment banking, or corporate finance world. So i recently stopped spending money on my car all together so i can build up my portfolio even more. I have a collection of stocks and mutual funds right now.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Well i dont know much about it as my dad deals with mostly everything as he does with all of his kids. I tried to get into it but he tells me to worry about my job and he will worry about his.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #241
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Gotcha.

Rule of 72 pretty much says to divide 72 by your ROI. Which is your annual return. So say you make 10% annually, 72/10 is 7.2, so it will take roughly 7-8 years for the money to double. So you can turn that 200k into 400k, then to 800k, then to 1.6m.

If you focus as an income investor, such as investing in high yielding dividend stocks. Then you can essentially be paid multiple times per month during the dividend payouts, and use that as spending money instead of actually selling those stocks or securities, because if you sell them, then you can't really gain anything else from them.

In the long run it really is best to try to hold onto the investments as much as you can.

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

Mind blown...lol

Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:39 PM   #243
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerz28 View Post
Mind blown...lol

kaboom

HID end all thread
Old 12-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

Max hp a 4.6 can handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
kaboom

Lol reminds me of the Marilyn Manson song I have on one of my Spotify playlist 😜👍🏻

parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:05 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Saw this 2014 Ford Shelby on autoTRADER.ca's iPhone app
http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_25694525

Now this is something id love to have😍😍

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT