Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Project: 03 Silver GT

30K views 619 replies 27 participants last post by  Steve96 
#1 ·
May look at this tomorrow. 76k miles, new tires, shocks, struts, new COPs and plugs, CAI (who cares) and tinted windows. Picture's all look real clean, no winters or rust. Mostly stock which is great. Great price at least around me especially if I can get it closer to $5k. It is an auto though, but J mod, tune, higher stall, nice wheels/tires, lower control arms, subframes, lower it, and it would run really well. Getting ahead of myself. Guy wants rid of it, bought it for his son, not sure what happened there but I dont care if it checks out. Let me know what you think??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#381 ·
Damn those look freaking great!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#382 ·
Thanks Scotty! You should get a set for the Steeda. But then you have to go 18". Really back in March if you hadnt mentioned that the MMD wheels were on sale in Soccurs thread, I would never have ordered them because I would have never known they were that cheap, thanks!

#383 ·
I think the 18×10 or 18x9 are on sale right now at AM for $99

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#388 ·
Oh Steve it looks better in day time! Can you let us know after driving it around for a while if it scrapes easily on sidewalks. The wheels that are on sale at AM are the polish MMDs wheels not silver. I would love a set of these in black for my white gt.

#389 ·
The polished would look good on your car too, I think. Nothing like white and something shiny, but their polished is still like a satin. I think you should get them for that price!!

Thanks and I will let you know how they ride and scraping issues etc.

#398 ·
The silver ones would look real good on your white. Probably a toss up to me between the silver and polished on your white Mustang. I love the rears, the concave look is cool. And they seem to be really quality wheels, finish is great, no defects to speak of. And I got to inspect a lot of MMD wheels with as many shipments I got, when I kept getting matte black.

#399 ·
A little BEFORE (new wheels and tires) and AFTER (new wheels, tires, and lowering springs)

Attachments

#400 ·
Looks perfect man it really does !! Lowering it really put in the finishing touches!! I can't wait to get some springs for mine now, I've kinda been holding out because I'm really indecisive on what to do with the wheels that are on the car now( their the 95 cobra r's in chrome) I'll have to get h&r's if i want it to look good If I stay with the wheels I have cause their 17's.. I would really just like to get a new set of 18's and go the route you went because it looks so damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#403 ·
Thanks! You could go with a 1.5" lowering spring, isos out, with the 17s still, the overall height isnt that much different than the stock size height. Stock 245 45 17s are 25.7" tall and the ones on the front of mine are 25.7" tall, their a 245 40 18, rears are a 285 35 18 which are a little taller than stock at 25.9" tall overall. The sidewall is thinner on them verse the 17" tires. I was going to go taller in the begining with 265 40 18 in the front which would have been 26.3" tall, and rears of 275 40 18 which are 26.7" tall. But decided that the sidewall would be a little too thick looking to me on some of the tires, but prob wouldnt have mattered either way.

#401 · (Edited)
I have the 35th aniversary gt wheels but the last owner put brand new tires on it, they only have about 3k miles on them. That s why I m a bit iffy about spending $ on tires right now but some black wheels would look really good on white imo.

Attachments

#404 ·
You could always sell the tires and old wheels and make back enough to fund most of your tires, possibly

#402 ·
Steve I forgot to ask you what shocks and struts are you running? I wonder if that makes a difference in height.

#406 ·
The shocks and struts are new from the previous owner. Their basically the "best" Monroe for the car, comparable to a KYB or something like that. I figure their new and a little improved over stock or old stock springs anyway, and will last me a couple summers. If I can get 10 or 12k miles out of them thats fine for me since its only driven maybe a max of 4-5k miles a year and not for auto x or anything like that. To hold me over until I can get coilovers at some point. I havent driven it a ton but the car feels good, doesnt feel a whole lot different verse stock, as far as bumps, road crap really. Maybe have to watch it a little more, and feels pretty firm, like most lowering springs do. But overall it feels more planted, and Im pretty impressed with the SR springs so far.

#407 ·
Just a couple of the same pics I have just added diff effects, Im bored, lol. I wont be able to get to anything on the Mustang this week like I had planned. Too many other outdoor projects around the house to catch up on, I under estimated how long they would take. I wanted to paint my brakes, plastidip my trunk lip, and paint a couple interior peices with oem (type) vinyl interior trim paint to freshen them up. I guess they will be projects for a diff day.

Attachments

#408 ·
How's the ride without the isolators, are you getting any noises?

#409 ·
No noises at all so far. Have driven just about the roughest roads you can without being dirt which is not very hard in Mi since all our roads are crap. Other than being a little tighter or firmer feeling over bumps it feels pretty much normal. If you can handle driving down a bumpy road in your stock Mustang which do not have the best ride to begin with then you wont have any issues using these springs with or without isos. Ive only driven it maybe 150 miles since the install because I need to take it in for an alignment next week, lets cross our fingers. I did pick up a set of Eibach camber bolts in case I need the aligment shop to use them. I know their not ideal but for my budget right now they will have to do until I can get CC plates towards the end of summer. I think the bolts will do the trick like their supposed to. Just not what you want for autocross or racing etc verse actual CC plates like I have on my 96. Anyway I think you will be pleased once you get your SR springs installed with or without isos. I say go no isos but thats up to you of course.

#410 ·
It hasnt settled anymore either since the install that I can tell. It may take a while longer or it may not, some do, some dont. Its fine with me since Im happy with the drop as it is. My 96 is still a little lower with the H&Rs but the 03 appears or looks lower cause there is less wheel gap. Im thinking about taking the isos off of the 96 too, they are MM poly ones so they wont crush down as much as the stock rubber ones. I think I could pick up another 1/4 to 1/2 drop by doing it, but then I will have to get it aligned again too.

Back to the settling of the springs, when they did the install they did do it correct by not tightening everything down 100% until the car was on the ground, so there wouldn't be any binding in the suspension. When you do yours make sure to not forget to do this too. Ive been brushing up on it to take the isos out of my 96, and I also was able to buy a cheap 1/2" impact gun, was a deal at Home Depot, open box kind of thing but not used yet. I have a small compressor in my garage but may do it at my brothers who has a 5 hp Craftsman comp that we inherited from my uncle. I think the little one I have tho will work fine for this at least it should at 150 psi and the gun needs 90, just will run a lot since the tank is small.

#411 ·
I also got a small cheap paint gun too at the same time that I got the impact. I was going to research how to use this with the plastidip I want to do to my trunk lid.

#412 ·
A little rearend action. Not the best angle, I really got to get better at photography! The tires actually look more agressive than this in person just need to get a better angle

Attachments

#413 ·
Just another. Anyone think smoked tailights would look good? Esp if I dip the trunk lid black?

Attachments

#417 ·
Dont make me send them UPS!!

#422 ·
I have the few basic tools but is there anything special I will need so I can swing by home depo or the harbor frieght store?

#423 ·
No shouldnt as long as you have a good breaker bar, and PB blaster, then like you said your basic mechanic tool set.

#424 ·
Ok I will attempt it this sunday, I ll start with the back first if its suppose to be easier

#425 ·
The back should be easiest. Soak all bolts with PB blaster the day before and then again an hour or 2 before

#426 ·
A few pics from tonight, down on Woodward Ave. Getting packed down there already!

Attachments

#429 ·
You put it in the weeds. Nice stance.

I'm not sure why so many people are eager to remove the rear spoiler on their New Edge. In my opinion a New Edge without a wing looks like a Honda Civic.

Of course, this is my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#430 ·
Yes, I want to go spoirless at some point. The paint around where the spoiler meets the trunk it underneathb has the infamous "ring". I had it off but didnt clean up super well, not rust or corrosion just b gunk. I want to do it but do it right with and the holes filled and b repainted of course or find a nice V6 trunk in silver. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.