Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #351
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Not just lime green, but glow in the dark lime green. Maybe with some hot pink lettering.

To top it off I would have to get fluorescent orange wire loom to cover all off the brake lines.

I can't stop there. The touch to set it all off would be black light neon tubes under the car to show off all that great work at night.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Now ya got the right idea lol

"Insert clever phase here"
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Now ya got the right idea lol

I'm going to try it out on a white convertible across the river from me.

Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #353
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I'm going to try it out on a white convertible across the river from me.

Haha, I think I'll have to politely pass on that one

Old 05-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha, I think I'll have to politely pass on that one

You could be the first board member on the "nice or rice" thread.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You might as well just turn this into your official build thread with all the plans you have and parts that your getting. you've already got the wheels knocked out of the way, which look awesome by the way can't wait to til you lower it this weekend, it's gonna look mean. And that's one of the hardest things to accumulate, in my book anyways, because it's such a big chunk of change all at once including tires. It's all uphill from here man....

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:21 PM   #356
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
You might as well just turn this into your official build thread with all the plans you have and parts that your getting. you've already got the wheels knocked out of the way, which look awesome by the way can't wait to til you lower it this weekend, it's gonna look mean. And that's one of the hardest things to accumulate, in my book anyways, because it's such a big chunk of change all at once including tires. It's all uphill from here man....

Yeah, wheels and tires tend to be the bigger ticket items. I can't wait to see the pics after its dropped.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Thanks, I cant wait either. Ive already got it in my head if the drop isnt right for me Ill sell the SRs after buying supersports or Sportlines, lol.

Yeah wheels and tires can be a huge expense for sure, the rest of the stuff will be cheaper for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:30 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, wheels and tires tend to be the bigger ticket items. I can't wait to see the pics after its dropped.

I will post some as soon as I can, and Im counting on them not being "disappointment" pics, lol.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #359
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Again Im very grateful I was able to get the wheels for such a great deal and able to sell my stock ones soooo fast too....it worked out better than I hoped thats for sure!

Old 05-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #360
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im not 100% on how to edit the post to make it my build thread, obviosuly at this point it is, lol....anyone know how? Or do I have to use the desktop site?

Old 05-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #361
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Im not 100% on how to edit the post to make it my build thread, obviosuly at this point it is, lol....anyone know how? Or do I have to use the desktop site?

I'm not sure, but we can all agree to just call it a build thread!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

I have no idea but I think soccer done that to his thread I'm sure he would be able to hook you up

torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:21 AM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have no idea but I think soccer done that to his thread I'm sure he would be able to hook you up

Cool, I'll ask him soon to change it once I have a clever title for it, lol

Old 05-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #364
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah me either but yes its pretty much a "build" thread. Not much of a "build" I guess but it will be evolving some over time. Who knows maybe the same thread will go for years and it will be a FI (of some sort) 800 whp monster, that barely resembles what the car once was. Better yet depending on how long it takes to do anything major it may be able to fly or something cool??!! Most likely if it does go on that long it will have to be converted over to electric anyway, and we will all be talking about Tesla swapping our cars, haha

Old 05-27-2016, 02:38 AM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

I did make some other plans for the car this summer that wont cost me much and will also save me some money in the end or cost more if I do a crappy job. Thanks to Keeneys thread I want to plastidip my trunk lid satin black, get the better spray nozzle or maybe even a cheap spray gun for my small compressor (have a large 5hp one at my disposal in my brothers garage if my little 150 psi doesnt do it). Use glossifier from dipyourcar.com to give it more of an even look and a little shine to it. Should cost less in the end even if I buy a cheap Harbor Freight spray gun, than ordering a honeycomb plastic overlay. I will most likely be doing my Chevy truck wheels first so it will give me a little practice. Or practice on half of the lid and peel it off until I have it down for the most part. Ive always done pretty good with spray painting before so I think I will be ok. Im excited to do this and the truck wheels to be honest, just something new and different to me. May even convince my wife to let me dip her Equinox wheels black, lol. The truck is white and was going to do a gunmetal color with glossifier from dipyourcar.com, they have a nice gunmetal color they mixed up. Anyway I may do this next week when Im off, trying to get some projects set up to keep my mind off starting a new job on June 6th. Been at the same company for 17.5 yrs now so its a major change for me. Just rearranging things in my life starting with working less and spending more time with my family. So my new job will pay less (scary part), but I will have a new life so to speak since Ill gain on average this time of year 30 hrs more a week at home including drive time, the new job is 4.3 miles each way, the old job was 18 miles each way through 2 cities with stop lights every half a mile or less (seriously), traffic like crazy so it took about 45 min each way on average. Just rambling since Im on edge due to making a change. Will be way less stress, way less hrs a week (40-45 a week verse 60-70 a week I was doing), more time for my son, more time for my wife, more time for my house, more time for me, a lot less BS in general, more time helping my mom, goes on and on. Keep telling myself money isnt everything and life, family, are worth more. So this is why I have to be more frugal with my mod money, lol.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #366
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
I'm ordering 3 or 4 cans of black dip and a can of glossifier and dip nozzle and dip prep AND dip spray. So in the same boat.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'm ordering 3 or 4 cans of black dip and a can of glossifier and dip nozzle and dip prep AND dip spray. So in the same boat.

Im gonna order the nozzel, 3 cans of gunmetal dip,and 3 cans of glossifier or so from dipyourcar.com, unless I can find it locally. Home Depot and Lowes have a ton of dip colors now since its so popular. Hopefully both our cars turn out good, if not then peel it off, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Im gonna order the nozzel, 3 cans of gunmetal dip,and 3 cans of glossifier or so from dipyourcar.com, unless I can find it locally. Home Depot and Lowes have a ton of dip colors now since its so popular. Hopefully both our cars turn out good, if not then peel it off, lol.

Just get the black locally probably unless its cheaper from the website.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular

Not a great pic as you cant see very well but the springs are on it now. Took it and dropped it off at my buddys house and we were gonna do it tomorrow but he decided to start it tonight and he said it went easy so he just finished it all the way. Said rears took about 30 min after he had the wheels off, and fronts about 2 hrs with new ball joints too. He had his brother there who has owned and modded 10+ Mustangs over the years and my friend has done springs several times mostly on Fox bodies though. He just sent me another while I was typing this that I will post too, a little better light but just the front.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464408825046.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	201631   Click image for larger version

Name:	1464409238678.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	201632  

Old 05-28-2016, 12:04 AM   #369
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Not a great pic as you cant see very well but the springs are on it now. Took it and dropped it off at my buddys house and we were gonna do it tomorrow but he decided to start it tonight and he said it went easy so he just finished it all the way. Said rears took about 30 min after he had the wheels off, and fronts about 2 hrs with new ball joints too. He had his brother there who has owned and modded 10+ Mustangs over the years and my friend has done springs several times mostly on Fox bodies though. He just sent me another while I was typing this that I will post too, a little better light but just the front.

Hell yeah bud! Looks 100 times better. I'm really, really digging those wheels. I was 100% set on a 17x9, 17x10.5 chrome saleen set, but now I've got a hard choice to make. Damn you and your impeccable taste in wheels!

Old 05-28-2016, 12:33 AM   #370
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hell yeah bud! Looks 100 times better. I'm really, really digging those wheels. I was 100% set on a 17x9, 17x10.5 chrome saleen set, but now I've got a hard choice to make. Damn you and your impeccable taste in wheels!

Thanks. I lucked out on these wheels, and they were what I wanted but I wanted the charcoal ones, but in the end the silver may look better IDK? I would have got the usual run of the mill Bullits, FR500s, Saleens, etc, which are all wheels I love and they all look great when staggered and lowered some, but with the March sale being so crazy, I was able to get something a little "different" that I have always liked.

I really wanted Rovos Durbans in satin gunmetal but I know I would have never paid $1800 for wheels and tires. Not that its too expensive, just that it would have taken me 2 summers to save up for them and I want to do other things to it too.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:36 AM   #371
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think these MMDs in silver or the polished would look really good on your white new edge!! And not everyone has them on new edges, so its a little different look. See more of this style on the newer Mustangs all the time.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:41 AM   #372
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

That's awesome I like that a lot it looks really clean!

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 12:50 AM   #373
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post

Thank you sir. I cant wait to see it in person, I hope its not a disappointment! Even better I didnt have to lift a finger. Ill buy them dinner like I was going to tomorrow anyway, beer, and a gift card or something to show my gratitude. My friend will be driving it tomorrow all day and will bring it to work on Sunday for me. I was going to get it tomorrow but hes really enjoying driving it, he has been without his for 2 years doing an engine build and has had many "life" hurdles not with the car itself.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:52 AM   #374
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post

Thank you sir. I cant wait to see it in person, I hope its not a disappointment! Even better I didnt have to lift a finger. Ill buy them dinner like I was going to tomorrow anyway, beer, and a gift card or something to show my gratitude. My friend will be driving it tomorrow all day and will bring it to work on Sunday for me. I was going to get it tomorrow but hes really enjoying driving it, he has been without his for 2 years doing an engine build and has had many "life" hurdles not with the car itself.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:53 AM   #375
Registered Member
Regular

Cant wait to dip the trunk lid next week and maybe get the actual style headlights its supposed to have, if I play my cards right I may treat myself to a Mach 1 chin also.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #376
Registered Member
Regular

2000th post!!

Old 05-28-2016, 01:27 AM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

Looks really good steve

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:38 AM   #378
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It does look alot better, those are the SR without the isolators right? 1.5" drop

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:41 AM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Looks really good steve

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks buddy!

Old 05-28-2016, 01:49 AM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
It does look alot better, those are the SR without the isolators right? 1.5" drop

Yeah their the SR srpings with no isos, taped and greased the hell out of them. He didnt measure before and after, I was going to tomorrow but he got it all done too quick. He estimated 2" but I dont think its that much, or that would be more than I anticipated. I was hoping for 1.7" drop total, but would have been happy with the 1.5" drop. He said you can fit 2.5 fingers in between the top of the tire and the wheel well, accurate measurement of course, haha. Before the drop he could fit 4 fingers. So its somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7 already, it may settle some, I dont know some do and some dont. My H&Rs took almost a year and they dropped about another 1/4". Which leads me to my next thing, I want to remove the isos from my 96, it has newer poly ones which dont crush as much as the rubber ones, so I could probably get almost another 1/2" out of it or a little less, and honestly on that one Ive always wanted just that little extra.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #381
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Damn those look freaking great!

2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #382
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Damn those look freaking great!

Thanks Scotty! You should get a set for the Steeda. But then you have to go 18". Really back in March if you hadnt mentioned that the MMD wheels were on sale in Soccurs thread, I would never have ordered them because I would have never known they were that cheap, thanks!

Old 05-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I think the 18×10 or 18x9 are on sale right now at AM for $99

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It's hard to choose between Saleen, SR500, and Bullitt wheels.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #385
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some daylight shots.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464449684456.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	201642   Click image for larger version

Name:	1464449697250.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	201643  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang