Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Project: 03 Silver GT

30K views 619 replies 27 participants last post by  Steve96 
#1 ·
May look at this tomorrow. 76k miles, new tires, shocks, struts, new COPs and plugs, CAI (who cares) and tinted windows. Picture's all look real clean, no winters or rust. Mostly stock which is great. Great price at least around me especially if I can get it closer to $5k. It is an auto though, but J mod, tune, higher stall, nice wheels/tires, lower control arms, subframes, lower it, and it would run really well. Getting ahead of myself. Guy wants rid of it, bought it for his son, not sure what happened there but I dont care if it checks out. Let me know what you think??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#437 ·
Yeah, asked Soccer to get it changed for me, he took care of it quickly. Now its official

#438 ·
Some from today

Attachments

#439 ·
Some more

Attachments

#440 · (Edited)
Ugh I need another 94-98 car... Been banging around on CL to see if I can find someone giving away or $500 for a roller with no engine or trans in good shape. Here's hoping.

I'm really digging on those MMD rims on a silver car... really might get them. Well if AM has another sale like that lol.

#441 ·
Ugh I need another 94-98 car... Been banging around on CL to see if I can find someone giving away or $500 for a roller with no engine or trans in good shape. Here's hoping.

I'm really digging on those MMD rims on a silver car... really might get them.
Something tells me you will find one.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#451 ·
View attachment 202429 more like this color I may ride down there and check it out because now I'm curious,

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Almost looks like an Autumn color orange I had on a 99 Ranger back in the day. Nice color tho

#448 ·
Check the vin. Only real way.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#449 · (Edited)
If your interested in it I'll check but it's a really clean car it was shining I'm sure they want decent money for it. It was parked right across the street from MIR Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

EDIT: I stopped by and looked at it agin it is a 1998 Cobra and it's got a Vortech. 110,000 miles 8700.00 or best offer/ Make offer.

#453 ·
That's laser red and it's the most horrible color to come on these cars imo.

#454 ·
Also real nice ones go for $8-$10k. Any more than that and you can get an 01 or a Mach. And once you hit $15k that is Terminator territory.

#461 ·
I used to feel that way, but since I got the 03 I actually like the auto more than I thought I would. But all in all I like to have a manual. It all depends on the deal too. Also my wife can drive the auto so that was a bonus, she has only driven it once so prob wont happen to often but the option is there.

#467 ·
Found some used 02 GT headlights for $30 on CL fairly close to me. Now I have to hope I can get there or they will hold them for me, best deal ive seen yet. They dont look perfect but they defintely look good and their OEM. They are the slightly smoked ones from what I have researched, that they used from 02 to 04. My car has aftermarket clear headlights and I hate them. I like the look of the slightly smoked OEM ones its supposed to have. For $30 they also come with the foglights which I dont need but hey if its a package deal screw it! Hopefully Im right on the year with that.

#468 ·
Also found a Vortech V2 SC kit minus the hardware for $1200 or best offer. Says it wasnt used much for whatever that is worth. I emailed them to see what all they have and what hardware is missing and also if they can give me the exact part number of the kit so I will know what exactly is missing if Im going to take a look at it. If its in good shape and only missing the hardware, no play in it etc, I could offer like $900 and get a steal on it then slap it on my 03. I know I will still need fuel, didnt mention if they have the boost a pump or fuel pump but I can get that rounded up too if the price is right on this kit. Even a decent headunit will usually sell for more than that from what Ive seen. Anyone know how much Vortech charges for a rebuild or to send it in to be checked?

#469 ·
Random photos. Waiting on my next parts to come in, new smoked headlights. Should spruce up the front some.

Attachments

#470 ·
Ordered new headlights from LMR. The smoked OEM style this week should be to me Mon or Tues, also ordered an off road H pipe to pair with my Flowmaster 40s and a new passenger side gasket for the install. I went ahead with the Pypes off road H after reading several hundred reviews for the cost including the ME discount, and free shipping I couldnt beat it since Im tired of searching for a good used one after months of looking from time to time. Hope to get the midpipe by Wed so I can go on my day off and get it slapped on at my local Muffler Man who does it pretty cheap, I dont feel like messing with it for $100 of labor. So anyway, other than those things I plan on painting my calipers at some point still, plati dipping my GT badges since their showing their age and maybe plasti dipping the truck lid.

#476 ·
Yes the car already has Flowmaster 40s on it that are newer from the previous owner. So it should sound pretty good

#477 ·
Got the headlights installed, plasti dipped the pony grill and all GT emblems, and added my Silver Mustang Registry sticker (may not leave it as Im not much one for stickers of any kind). Now need to get the off road H installed, still waiting on the new gasket to come so that will be next week sometime now.

Attachments

#478 ·
Thinking about tinting my taillights myself w/ the trusty old VHT Night Shades product. Looks simple enough anyway, just like 3 coats for a smoked look, wet sand, and wet sand between the clear coats, then rub out, wax, and polish. I think I may try it.

#479 ·
What headlights are those?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.