Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #456
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I think I would pay high 6's low 7's for it and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #457
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Ugh I need another 94-98 car... Been banging around on CL to see if I can find someone giving away or $500 for a roller with no engine or trans in good shape. Here's hoping.

I'm really digging on those MMD rims on a silver car... really might get them. Well if AM has another sale like that lol.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5624369084.html

Here you go Scotty and Recon. Get this one. I know you hate Laser Red Metallic, lol (I have one in that color and I like it actually)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #458
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Project: 03 Silver GT

Yeah but the other one is a Cobra with a Vortech. I kind of like the laser red too I think Wind Veil Blue is the worst Mustang color.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #459
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Sorry Steve, gotta be a stick. Can't have an auto Muscle car. Doesn't matter if they're faster. But it sure is clean.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #460
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5624369084.html

Here you go Scotty and Recon. Get this one. I know you hate Laser Red Metallic, lol (I have one in that color and I like it actually)

Sorry it was repainted a Cobra color: Red Fire Metallic

Old 06-13-2016, 09:00 PM   #461
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Sorry Steve, gotta be a stick. Can't have an auto Muscle car. Doesn't matter if they're faster. But it sure is clean.
I used to feel that way, but since I got the 03 I actually like the auto more than I thought I would. But all in all I like to have a manual. It all depends on the deal too. Also my wife can drive the auto so that was a bonus, she has only driven it once so prob wont happen to often but the option is there.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #462
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Nah, tons of classic muscle cars were autos and all the drag racers back in the day got C4s or Glides. This isn't like the "lol V6" even though the 3.7 is pretty nice.

Doesn't matter if they are faster till someone with a car you KNOW is making substantially less power hands you your *** at the track because its got a fat stall converter and a really good shift setup.

But for a street car its def all personal preference. Autos are a lot more fun than ppl realize tho. Too many have never driven or ridden in a big power auto street car. Might change your mind...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #463
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah, tons of classic muscle cars were autos and all the drag racers back in the day got C4s or Glides. This isn't like the "lol V6" even though the 3.7 is pretty nice.

Doesn't matter if they are faster till someone with a car you KNOW is making substantially less power hands you your *** at the track because its got a fat stall converter and a really good shift setup.

But for a street car its def all personal preference. Autos are a lot more fun than ppl realize tho. Too many have never driven or ridden in a big power auto street car. Might change your mind...
I agree. I like them both. If I had one Id probably go manual at this point but if it was a purpose built drag car it would be an auto.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #464
Registered Member
Regular

Just messing with crap

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1465965531725.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	202515   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465965545005.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	202516  

Old 06-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #465
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:

You're right it's my preference. Reason my I converted my Challenger from an auto to a stick. I don't drag race so it doesn't matter to me. I know an auto will be quicker but it's not for me. I've ridden in a 1200 horse Camaro with an Auto. It's fast but I'd like it more if it was a stick.
Same thing with the Hellcats. I will take the manual over the auto any day of the week. I know it's faster than the stick but I don't care.
Sorry Steve, I'll try to keep it on track.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #466
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're right it's my preference. Reason my I converted my Challenger from an auto to a stick. I don't drag race so it doesn't matter to me. I know an auto will be quicker but it's not for me. I've ridden in a 1200 horse Camaro with an Auto. It's fast but I'd like it more if it was a stick.
Same thing with the Hellcats. I will take the manual over the auto any day of the week. I know it's faster than the stick but I don't care.
Sorry Steve, I'll try to keep it on track.
Doesnt bother me. Discussions are good and clear the air, lol.

Like I said if Im given the choice 8 out of 10 times Ill choose the stick too. I dont race either so it doesnt matter. If I was, I would put together a strictly dedicated drag car.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:45 AM   #467
Registered Member
Regular

Found some used 02 GT headlights for $30 on CL fairly close to me. Now I have to hope I can get there or they will hold them for me, best deal ive seen yet. They dont look perfect but they defintely look good and their OEM. They are the slightly smoked ones from what I have researched, that they used from 02 to 04. My car has aftermarket clear headlights and I hate them. I like the look of the slightly smoked OEM ones its supposed to have. For $30 they also come with the foglights which I dont need but hey if its a package deal screw it! Hopefully Im right on the year with that.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:50 AM   #468
Registered Member
Regular

Also found a Vortech V2 SC kit minus the hardware for $1200 or best offer. Says it wasnt used much for whatever that is worth. I emailed them to see what all they have and what hardware is missing and also if they can give me the exact part number of the kit so I will know what exactly is missing if Im going to take a look at it. If its in good shape and only missing the hardware, no play in it etc, I could offer like $900 and get a steal on it then slap it on my 03. I know I will still need fuel, didnt mention if they have the boost a pump or fuel pump but I can get that rounded up too if the price is right on this kit. Even a decent headunit will usually sell for more than that from what Ive seen. Anyone know how much Vortech charges for a rebuild or to send it in to be checked?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #469
Registered Member
Regular

Random photos. Waiting on my next parts to come in, new smoked headlights. Should spruce up the front some.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1466664266509.jpg
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	202744   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466664377106.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	202745  

Old 06-25-2016, 11:55 PM   #470
Registered Member
Regular

Ordered new headlights from LMR. The smoked OEM style this week should be to me Mon or Tues, also ordered an off road H pipe to pair with my Flowmaster 40s and a new passenger side gasket for the install. I went ahead with the Pypes off road H after reading several hundred reviews for the cost including the ME discount, and free shipping I couldnt beat it since Im tired of searching for a good used one after months of looking from time to time. Hope to get the midpipe by Wed so I can go on my day off and get it slapped on at my local Muffler Man who does it pretty cheap, I dont feel like messing with it for $100 of labor. So anyway, other than those things I plan on painting my calipers at some point still, plati dipping my GT badges since their showing their age and maybe plasti dipping the truck lid.

Old 06-26-2016, 07:41 AM   #471
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
Ordered new headlights from LMR. The smoked OEM style this week should be to me Mon or Tues, also ordered an off road H pipe to pair with my Flowmaster 40s and a new passenger side gasket for the install. I went ahead with the Pypes off road H after reading several hundred reviews for the cost including the ME discount, and free shipping I couldnt beat it since Im tired of searching for a good used one after months of looking from time to time. Hope to get the midpipe by Wed so I can go on my day off and get it slapped on at my local Muffler Man who does it pretty cheap, I dont feel like messing with it for $100 of labor. So anyway, other than those things I plan on painting my calipers at some point still, plati dipping my GT badges since their showing their age and maybe plasti dipping the truck lid.

I got the Pypes off-road H pipe. Very happy with it. Sounds great and build quality is good.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2016, 05:04 PM   #472
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatspeed7x View Post
I got the Pypes off-road H pipe. Very happy with it. Sounds great and build quality is good.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Good to know. Im sure I will like it. I think my cats are clogged a little too, maybe not clogged but they do emit a fine odor from time to time

Old 06-27-2016, 10:38 PM   #473
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Good to know. Im sure I will like it. I think my cats are clogged a little too, maybe not clogged but they do emit a fine odor from time to time

I run the pypes h as well. No issues and it does its job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #474
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I run the pypes h as well. No issues and it does its job.

You were one of the ones that got me looking at it, way back when you had yours installed. Mine SHOULD be here tomorrow, depending on the time I may be able to get it installed but will prob be Thursday

Old 06-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #475
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
I think I really that you were going with the flow 40's as well, I'm very happy with the 40's and o/r h.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #476
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I think I really that you were going with the flow 40's as well, I'm very happy with the 40's and o/r h.

Yes the car already has Flowmaster 40s on it that are newer from the previous owner. So it should sound pretty good

Old 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #477
Registered Member
Regular

Got the headlights installed, plasti dipped the pony grill and all GT emblems, and added my Silver Mustang Registry sticker (may not leave it as Im not much one for stickers of any kind). Now need to get the off road H installed, still waiting on the new gasket to come so that will be next week sometime now.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1467394080656.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	203027   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467394107943.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	203028  

Name:	1467394132513.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	203029   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467394159183.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	203030  

Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #478
Registered Member
Regular

Thinking about tinting my taillights myself w/ the trusty old VHT Night Shades product. Looks simple enough anyway, just like 3 coats for a smoked look, wet sand, and wet sand between the clear coats, then rub out, wax, and polish. I think I may try it.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #479
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What headlights are those?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:33 AM   #480
Registered Member
Regular

Just the "OEM Smoked" ones from LMR. They are actually Depo brand. $115 so cheaper than AM Raxioms

Old 07-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #481
Registered Member
Regular

Got a great "hook up" on a set of satin gunmetal Rovos Durbans wheels, 18x9, and 18x10.5 staggered. I dont know which car I will be putting them on? I originally wanted gunmetal colored wheels on my 03 silver car, but I do love the way the silver wheels look and go with it. I know they will look good in gunmetal on my red 96 since it has the anthracite wheels on it now and its a good combo. Offset is a little different, Rovos claims they make them the same offset for the 94-04 cars, and they probably do. Ive seen the same set of Rovos Durbans on a 96 and 03 and they both fit great and looked like they should, maybe it doesnt show as much since the rears are 10.5 wide? Either way Im excited and even more excited about the price, in the end I will have a staggered set of MMD 551c's, and a staggered set of Rovos Durbans for less than $1k without tires.

I will be selling my current wheels on my 96, great condition, like new, maybe 3k miles on them, never seen weather etc, etc. 17x9 and 17x10 with 245 45 17s up front and 275 40 17s in back, rear with about 80-85% tread and fronts with at least 90% tread. Have them listed on CL for $825, should be a good deal fro someome as I would like to get $700 out of them in the end, considering it would be around $1200 for a new set with tires.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:53 PM   #482
Registered Member
Regular

I hate these Accel cops! I think they are starting to fail. Car feels sluggish, just not like it did, at times when the engine is hot, its slow to start and just kind of barely catches and starts, should fire up quick like my 96 does I would think with a fresh tune up? No enging lights, no misfires or anything yet just feels sluggish and doesnt have a real "positive" feeling start up. Cops or plugs are what Im leaning towards or possibly the cats are going? I do have an off road pipe but havent installed it yet or had it insalled.

Any suggestions? I was gonna try to find used oem cops, rebuild them and see if this helps?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #483
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Thinking about tinting my taillights myself w/ the trusty old VHT Night Shades product. Looks simple enough anyway, just like 3 coats for a smoked look, wet sand, and wet sand between the clear coats, then rub out, wax, and polish. I think I may try it.

Prep is everything.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #484
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Prep is everything.

Ill send mine to you, ha

Old 07-06-2016, 09:43 PM   #485
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ill send mine to you, ha

I will gladly tint them.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #486
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ill send mine to you, ha

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1467859518981.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	203190

Old 07-07-2016, 02:20 PM   #487
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good!

Old 07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #488
Registered Member
Regular

Wheels are in, have to go pick them up from my "source" today

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1467919242565.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	203198  
Old 07-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #489
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wheels are in, have to go pick them up from my "source" today

Open the box Steve!

Old 07-07-2016, 02:57 PM   #490
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Open the box Steve!

"Whats in the box?!"......in a hysterical Brad Pitt voice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang