Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #491
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Now.......which one to put them on?!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467995451814.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	203220   Click image for larger version

Name:	1467995467188.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	203221  

Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #492
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Now.......which one to put them on?!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If you are confused just send them over to me and I will put them to use.


Good looking wheels.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-08-2016, 03:16 PM   #493
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
If you are confused just send them over to me and I will put them to use.


Good looking wheels.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I am a little confused, ha. Have the silver MMDs and now these gunmetal Rovos, I couldnt pass up the price, basically 60% off for new ones. Just need to sell my Bullits to fund the tires for the Rovos so Ill have time to figure it out, lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 05:21 PM   #494
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
I wanna see what they look like on the silver gt 😈


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:13 AM   #495
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
I wanna see what they look like on the silver gt 😈


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thats what Im thinking too, I think the silver wheels will look good on the red one too. Could flip flop them every which way and both color combos will be nice with each other. I originally wanted the charcoal MMDs for the silver one, Rovos are a little darker but its gunmetal so they will still accomplish the contrast I wanted.


Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:15 AM   #496
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,803
I will one day have staggered Anthracite FR500 wheels with a machined and polished lip on my 02.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:15 AM   #497
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Or get my free springs cut them, and buy my Bullits for half the price, lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:17 PM   #498
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Or get my free springs cut them, and buy my Bullits for half the price, lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have the facory GT Bullitt style (Torque Thrust style) wheels. I actually love the look of them. They would look even better staggered.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #499
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
A little plasti dipping today

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468093888323.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	203255   Click image for larger version

Name:	1468093899593.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	203256  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1468093910473.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	203257   Click image for larger version

Name:	1468093933924.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	203258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1468093957843.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	203259  
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:41 AM   #500
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Sold the wheels/tires earlier today for $750. Paid $1000 for them a few yrs ago, but did change out the front tires last summer for $220 but sold the one I took off right after for $150, so all in all it cost me $320 to use them for about 3 yrs, not too bad. Now I have the fun money funds to buy tires for the Rovos Durbans. Still unsure of which car they will be going on. While my 96 is on stands I think Im going to remove the poly isos to gain another 1/2" lower all around or so. It has always needed that little mor low since I put the H&Rs Supersports on it. With either set of wheels I have it will look good with the 18s I think. Wish some local places had the tires I need in stock so I could get them mounted and on the car this week, but Tirerack does ship fairly quick or AM. Think Im gonna go with the Sumi HTR 2s and be done with it. I exhausted myself looking for tires earlier this past spring! Its somewhat hard to find decent tire deals.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1468733601016.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	203433  
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:42 AM   #501
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Funny thing is that the wheels and tires I sold are going back on a 97 SN95 lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Got the isos out of the rear today and all put back together, rears are the easy part. Do the fronts this week, measured the poly isos and they are exactly half an inch thick so should gain a little bit of drop also realized that the shop that installed my springs a couple years ago placed them in wrong!! The pigtails should all face the drivers side like the stock springs they have them going every which way! So I corrected this as well on the rear so far. Wrapped them in electrical tape too like my other car.

Can the spring pigtails facing the wrong way cause the car not to sit as low as it should have? Like Ive said before it never seemed as low as it should have been with the Supersports?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:29 PM   #503
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Got the isos out of the rear today and all put back together, rears are the easy part. Do the fronts this week, measured the poly isos and they are exactly half an inch thick so should gain a little bit of drop also realized that the shop that installed my springs a couple years ago placed them in wrong!! The pigtails should all face the drivers side like the stock springs they have them going every which way! So I corrected this as well on the rear so far. Wrapped them in electrical tape too like my other car.

Can the spring pigtails facing the wrong way cause the car not to sit as low as it should have? Like Ive said before it never seemed as low as it should have been with the Supersports?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Were they able to to align the gt correctly without castor camber plates? I still haven t taken mine to get alingned

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:58 PM   #504
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
My 96 has CC plates so yeah they used them when I had it alligned a long time ago, the tech did tell me that he had been able to get other Mustangs aligned that had been lowered about the same as mine. Now tho that I have removed the isos on it and reinstalled the springs correctly I will prob need that extra little bit they provide. I never had any uneven tire wear or anything and havent yet on the 03. The 03 hasnt been aligned yet, but only has about 300 miles on it if that since being lowered. I do have the camber bolts if need be on the 03 that will work to get it into spec when the time comes. Ill get the 03 aligned before the summer is over and prob get the 96 aligned again too since I just removed the isos all around on it.

I am excited to see if removing the isos and reinstalling the springs the correct way with the pigtails facing the drivers side lowers it a tad more. Like I said it always seemed to be about half an inch higher than it should have been with the Supersports.

I hope them having the springs installed the wrong way with the pigtails facing every which way hasnt effected the springs at all. I dont think it would have to be honest but we shall see tomorrow when I get the wheels installed back on

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:42 AM   #505
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
My 96 has CC plates so yeah they used them when I had it alligned a long time ago, the tech did tell me that he had been able to get other Mustangs aligned that had been lowered about the same as mine. Now tho that I have removed the isos on it and reinstalled the springs correctly I will prob need that extra little bit they provide. I never had any uneven tire wear or anything and havent yet on the 03. The 03 hasnt been aligned yet, but only has about 300 miles on it if that since being lowered. I do have the camber bolts if need be on the 03 that will work to get it into spec when the time comes. Ill get the 03 aligned before the summer is over and prob get the 96 aligned again too since I just removed the isos all around on it.

I am excited to see if removing the isos and reinstalling the springs the correct way with the pigtails facing the drivers side lowers it a tad more. Like I said it always seemed to be about half an inch higher than it should have been with the Supersports.

I hope them having the springs installed the wrong way with the pigtails facing every which way hasnt effected the springs at all. I dont think it would have to be honest but we shall see tomorrow when I get the wheels installed back on

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ok I haven t aligned mine either, I m have about 100 miles on the new springs and I got my first scrap coming out of a driveway that was very steep. The schreech on the cats was painful to listen to lol I gotta be more careful.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:01 AM   #506
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
Ok I haven t aligned mine either, I m have about 100 miles on the new springs and I got my first scrap coming out of a driveway that was very steep. The schreech on the cats was painful to listen to lol I gotta be more careful.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah that never gets less painful at all. Its unnatural.

I did get mine all buttoned up today. Got the isos off, all wrapped in electrical tape, and the springs installed the correct way now! It did make a difference of about 1/2" like I had hoped removing the isos and maybe the springs being in the correct position as well. The job wasnt bad at all except it was 94 today with super high humidity. Us Mi people arent used to that crap!

I will prob eventually put the silver MMD wheels on the 96 and the Rovos on the 03 later on next week. Too hot to switch them too today! Dont mind how dirty it is either. Worst its been in a looong time!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469250041808.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	203611   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469250060907.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	203612  

Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:18 AM   #507
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Had a "Scotty" day a couple days ago, well not as good as Scotty but decent. Got PI heads complete with cams, in good shape, short block from an 02, and basically everythiny from the 02 motor. So all the small parts needed fof the PI swap I have now. Got it all for $150 plus a brand new OEM plenum with OEM IAC, OEM cops, and a bunch of other stuff. Have a ton of parts to keep around now in case I need something.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:49 PM   #508
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
PI heads, my old plenum, and short block.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469911688067.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	203887   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469911704739.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	203888  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1469911783712.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	203889  
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:30 PM   #509
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Heres a list of what I got and what I needed for the PI swap now that Ive gone through it all. Got everything listed for $150:

-PI heads complete w/cams-PI swap
-02 4.6 short block- to build of resell
-OEM COPs- 8 of them already rebuilt and on the 03
-Timing chain cover-PI swap
-Alternator bracket/bolts- PI swap
-Oil dipstick- PI swap
-Valve covers/ bolts- PI swap
-Stock working alternator
-Oil pan
-Oil pump
-Power steering pump
-AC system complete
-All vac lines complete
-Coolant hose under upper intake- PI swap
-New radiator hoses-PI swap
-New Thermostat
-02 injectors- all 8 rebuilt
-Radiator/ elec cooling fan complete
-New OEM plenum/new OEM IAC valve
-Water pump
-Master cylinder
-Antenna (lol) needed one tho
-New harmonic balancer
-New tensioner
-All other pullies
-Main seal cover (not sure of technical name
-And a bunch of other misc parts

All parts are neatly labeled and all bolts are in labeled ziplock bags. Probably gonna sell off some stuff and keep all the PI swap stuff. Sell to fund upgraded cams and valve springs.


Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #510
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Heres a list of what I got and what I needed for the PI swap now that Ive gone through it all. Got everything listed for $150:

-PI heads complete w/cams-PI swap
-02 4.6 short block- to build of resell
-OEM COPs- 8 of them already rebuilt and on the 03
-Timing chain cover-PI swap
-Alternator bracket/bolts- PI swap
-Oil dipstick- PI swap
-Valve covers/ bolts- PI swap
-Stock working alternator
-Oil pan
-Oil pump
-Power steering pump
-AC system complete
-All vac lines complete
-Coolant hose under upper intake- PI swap
-New radiator hoses-PI swap
-New Thermostat
-02 injectors- all 8 rebuilt
-Radiator/ elec cooling fan complete
-New OEM plenum/new OEM IAC valve
-Water pump
-Master cylinder
-Antenna (lol) needed one tho
-New harmonic balancer
-New tensioner
-All other pullies
-Main seal cover (not sure of technical name
-And a bunch of other misc parts

All parts are neatly labeled and all bolts are in labeled ziplock bags. Probably gonna sell off some stuff and keep all the PI swap stuff. Sell to fund upgraded cams and valve springs.


Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
When you get a for sale ad up let me know, I might need to source some stock parts from you.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #511
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
When you get a for sale ad up let me know, I might need to source some stock parts from you.
no problem. Just let me know what you will need. I still have some stuff to go through. There was a lot, lol. Dont need it all but decided to take it all as you never know. May keep a few things around as back ups too but Im not sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:01 AM   #512
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
no problem. Just let me know what you will need. I still have some stuff to go through. There was a lot, lol. Dont need it all but decided to take it all as you never know. May keep a few things around as back ups too but Im not sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have a list of parts I actually NEED, and no $$$ to make it happen. You guys are a huge temptation that would lead me into a divorced and homeless state.

That little Mustang I drive would not make a good homeless shelter.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:06 AM   #513
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
no problem. Just let me know what you will need. I still have some stuff to go through. There was a lot, lol. Dont need it all but decided to take it all as you never know. May keep a few things around as back ups too but Im not sure yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Off the top of my head I can think of:
-Alternator
-Some idler pulleys
-Intake plenum and throttlebody
-Cruise and throttle cables
-Coolant hoses going to heater core
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #514
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Off the top of my head I can think of:
-Alternator
-Some idler pulleys
-Intake plenum and throttlebody
-Cruise and throttle cables
-Coolant hoses going to heater core
Yeah just let me know for sure what you need and Ill check and see what I have and the items you just named off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #515
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Yeah just let me know for sure what you need and Ill check and see what I have and the items you just named off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Will do
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #516
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Got the MMDs on the 96 now. I think it looks better with the Rovos but IDK? The MMDs on it now are growing on me as I was used to the Rovos already. Maybe I should plastidip the MMDs charcoal? For some reason to me the Rovos being dark satin gunmetal made the red paint almost appear to be darker, an illusion I know but it did, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1470709632679.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	204075   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470709650493.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	204076  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1470709670112.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	204077   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470709692191.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	204078  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1470709712842.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	204079  
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:21 AM   #517
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 423
I definitly like the way those dark wheels go with the red paint 👍

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 12:44 AM   #518
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,803
The satin silver looks refined in my opinion. The car has a classy, yet aggressive appearance.

Personally, I am not a fan of black wheels unless the lip, and or inner rim is polished. All black reminds me of old NASCAR wheels on most cars. There are very few cars and wheel designs that look good in an all black coating. The rest just look cheap and dirty.

Like I said, it is my opinion. My brother has a 2014 Mustang that is completely blacked out. I didn't care to see his car when he described it to me over the phone. I was not interested in a Ford Batmobile. When he sent a pic the car spoke for itself. Everything works perfect in terms of appearance. In fact, his car would look horrible with a bright wheel on it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:30 AM   #519
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
The satin silver looks refined in my opinion. The car has a classy, yet aggressive appearance.

Personally, I am not a fan of black wheels unless the lip, and or inner rim is polished. All black reminds me of old NASCAR wheels on most cars. There are very few cars and wheel designs that look good in an all black coating. The rest just look cheap and dirty.

Like I said, it is my opinion. My brother has a 2014 Mustang that is completely blacked out. I didn't care to see his car when he described it to me over the phone. I was not interested in a Ford Batmobile. When he sent a pic the car spoke for itself. Everything works perfect in terms of appearance. In fact, his car would look horrible with a bright wheel on it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I agree with you Revv, I feel the same way about most dark or black wheels. There are a select few that I like, polished lip with black usually to break it up some. The Rovos I like too, in person their not as dark as they appear, or I should say in good light. The satin gunmetal color actually has some metallic in it that breaks it up some. I have always liked the more concave designs since I have seen them in the past few years too and Rovos always just stuck with me even though the particular ones I like are dark. I have always liked the look when done right, Saleen wheels in gloss black too, but the car has to be lowered, wheels have to be 18", and staggered. The washed out looking black ones to me are the ones covered in brake dust, or plastidipped in a flat, or no offense to anyone but most stock wheels dipped or painted black dont look right to me. I do like some charcoal wheels too. I was sick of my Bullits and I got a great deal for these Rovos, brand new from Rovos for $400, couldnt pass it up verse the $1200-$1500 they go for on most sites new!

I think I will leave the MMD wheels alone on the 96 since the Rovos do look good on the silver 03. I dont feel like doing another wheel search for an amazing deal like I got for both of these sets, probably wont work 3 times?! Also dont want to deal with selling my wheels "rimz" on CL again, got them sold but this last time was a hassle!

I agree the silver looks cleaner on the 96 but the gunmetal looked meaner. Maybe some 1/2" to 3/4" hun centric spacers in the rear to bring them almost completely flush with the fender lip will do the trick? Dont want the skateboard effect tho!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:41 AM   #520
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
The MMD's look great! I think I like them better without plastidip. Looks really good with that beautiful red.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #521
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
The MMD's look great! I think I like them better without plastidip. Looks really good with that beautiful red.


Instagram - @ab_mach1

I think he has two different sets.

1. The silver MMDs
2. The gunmetal ROVOs

And swapped them out to put the gunmetal ROVOs on his 03 and put the silver MMDs on his 96..


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #522
Registered Member

Regular
Supporter
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
I think he has two different sets.

1. The silver MMDs
2. The gunmetal ROVOs

And swapped them out to put the gunmetal ROVOs on his 03 and put the silver MMDs on his 96..

Thanks I saw that he looked at the 03 and didn't know he bought it. I'm way behind the times lol.

I really dig the silver MMDs on the 96.



Instagram - @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #523
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
Oh yeah man no prob. I'm a little behind too, just try to catch up here and there when I have time.. The silver wheels actually look great on both cars in my opinion, just a really nice set of wheels.. I really like those gunmetal ROVOs though and I don't think I've seen a pic with them on the 03 yet, maybe when Steve sees this he'll put one up !!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:56 PM   #524
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Oh yeah man no prob. I'm a little behind too, just try to catch up here and there when I have time.. The silver wheels actually look great on both cars in my opinion, just a really nice set of wheels.. I really like those gunmetal ROVOs though and I don't think I've seen a pic with them on the 03 yet, maybe when Steve sees this he'll put one up !!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I will for sure! I havent got a good one yet with them on it. Had them off again to paint the brakes, and just dropped it off at the shop tonight to get some exhaust work done, off road mid pipe installed. Should have it back tomorrow night and will post them soon.

Thanks for the feedback guys! And I do have the MMD 551C wheels and Rovos satingunmetal Durbans, I was thinking of dipping the MMDs darker but the silver has grown on me and I can always switch them up for diff looks here and there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:22 AM   #525
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,312
This is how she sits now....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1473488543616.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	204989  
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which will look better on a 02 silver stang STEVE Pictures and Videos 39 09-17-2004 01:37 PM
2001 silver mustang gt for sale!! auto/leather fast64 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 05-28-2004 11:00 AM
FS: 2003 Silver Convertible V6 romeoz Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 04-27-2004 04:06 PM
FS: 2 - used '99 Cobra silver 17x8 wheels tire Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 02-11-2004 03:06 PM
Every cloud has a silver lining Ken Regional Mustang Discussion 0 05-12-2003 08:25 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.