Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 17 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:42 AM   #561
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I agree but this guy has to be stopped from working on peoples cars...if anything I want to make his life a hassle as much as I can so I am going to do so. He told me today that he is going to pay me back in payments. I told him, no, 2 weeks to pay at least what he charged and for my H pipe cost. At this point that would at least give me half of whats needed to get this thing fixed

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Shoot me a PM if that Mid Pipe will fit an 02 New Edge GT.
The X pipe will fit and 02 GT but its made for LTs.

Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #562
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Your experience right there is why I have a really hard time trusting someone who works out of their home. Good luck trying to get some compensation from him, hopefully you win. If you're looking sorry some stock manifolds try posting a wanted ad on forums or one of the 99-04 Facebook pages. I had a bunch of guys asking $20 for stock manifolds before I found some brand new JBA's for $100.
I know I went against my better judgement on this one. I guess the recommendation from the guy at work and all the times he has used him made me give it a shot. Thanks for the advice on the stock manifold. I was also looking at maybe just doing shorty headers instead since they come cheaper and are a much easier install. I know you dont see any power gains from them, I would be using them just out of necessity to get my exhaust from killing me with fumes lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2016, 09:56 PM   #563
Registered Member
Regular

So I got a quote back from a guy I met this summer from doing some CL deals with. He works at the best performance chassis, machine, restoration, roll cage, everything race car shop in Mi..lol. His boss was actually in Louisiana on and off this summer making headers and doing custom frame/ suspension/cage work for a couple of the cars on Street Outlaws Louisiana- Shane Lester (i think) is one of them on there he did a carbon fiber tub job for his Cobra and suspension and headers/roll cage for another guy on there. Anyway he can fix the cut/split in my manifold so my pipe can bolt up the way its supposed to and re weld basically the whole thing this guy botched up, also throw the catback on I got for $565 labor. My cheapest quote so far...m

Old 09-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #564
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I agree but this guy has to be stopped from working on peoples cars...if anything I want to make his life a hassle as much as I can so I am going to do so. He told me today that he is going to pay me back in payments. I told him, no, 2 weeks to pay at least what he charged and for my H pipe cost. At this point that would at least give me half of whats needed to get this thing fixed

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

The X pipe will fit and 02 GT but its made for LTs.

LT?

Sorry, but I am still learning my Fords. I really need a direct bolt on that is as painless as possible. You're going to have to educate me Steve.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #565
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
LT?

Sorry, but I am still learning my Fords. I really need a direct bolt on that is as painless as possible. You're going to have to educate me Steve.
Long tube headers. It won't fit your car since you still have stock exhaust manifolds.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:43 PM   #566
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LT?

Yes what JDF said...lol. You probably could have an exhaust shop bend some tubing for you from the manifolds down to the mid pipe, depending on the shop they would probably charge as much as it would be just to buy an off road mid pipe for stock manifolds though TBH. Or look to see if you can buy that pipe section possibly, Im not sure where but you could contact BBK and see? Again though it would probably cost as much as buying a new mid pipe.

I was considering getting the UPR off road X pipe even though I want an H and the one the guy messed everything up with was an off road H but this shop says it will be fine. Just because you can get them for $159 and my budget and bank acct is shrinking with all this extra headache. But if you want a good off road X get the UPR, best clearance and very well made from what I've always heard. My H pipe is fine other than he welded the whole thing together and attempted to weld it to the manifolds then cut it off cleaned it up and then bolted it and still leaked obviously. I will post some under the car pics of his fine welds and install job....Im almost embarrassed to though..lol.

If you zoom in on the manifold to mid pipe connection you can see where its split by the one bolt on the manifold, either he cut it off initially or cracked it somehow? He put some kind of pipe in between the mid pipe and the manifold, like a home made "interior coupling" of sorts? Also you can see he used the wrong nuts/bolts to bolt it on. Whats even worse is that the nut is a diff thread than the bolt and he just forced it on. There are all kinds of little dents all over my mid pipe too, nothing that will cause any issue just the fact that he did those too probably trying to force it into place or throwing it in disgust with himself!? He also bent my pinch welds on both sides from either jacking it up wrong on them and not the frame or the lift he tried to use at his dads collision shop which he told me that the lift wouldn't fit under my car, due to my car being too low for it. I can't include these in my case though but I may try since I don't have any before pics of them and would be harder to prove. There was a little bit of bending from some jack hole at some point jacking it up wrong but it wasn't like this. These are the least of my worry at the moment. The guy I got an estimate from at the body shop to fix these said he can get them straight fairly quick but they won't look perfect for a couple hundred bucks, but if done the absolute restoration way it would be $1k or so at least thats what his estimate is for. Ill include these pics too.

The other pic is where the H pipe meets the catback, again he welded it when it should have been bolted on here as well. You can also see he used the wrong kind of welder or material to do the welds. This is where it leaks too. So I will have this shop weld the new (to me anyway) Bassani cat back on here to get rid of this junk weld. Plus after the manifold fix everything will fit length wise like it was supposed to and my tips won't stick out 1.5" or so too far past the cut outs. The tips don't look too bad the way they are, I could have lived with this if it didn't leak and sounded the way it was supposed to.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474515634751.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	205226   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474515652606.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	205227  

Old 09-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #567
Registered Member
Regular

Shoot. 2 pics didnt attach right..here is the mid pipe to manifold garbage and the other is the mid pipe to cat back weld I described in my last post.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1474515838606.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	205228   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474515927429.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	205229  

Old 09-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #568
Registered Member
Regular

Oh....I have a question too off the exhaust saga subject of my car...there is a guy locally that will sell me 97 (I think or 99) Mark VIII 4v heads, complete good condition set w/cams, valve covers and everything else to do a 4v swap on a 2v including the wite harness for $40. I was thinking of getting them since their so cheap to re sell them? Is there any profit to be had with these or market at all? I can sit on them for as long as it takes for the $40 investment.

Any opinions/advice appreciated!

Old 09-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #569
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Long tube headers. It won't fit your car since you still have stock exhaust manifolds.
Makes sense now.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #570
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
Any exhaust shop can make it work. I bought the mac prochamber for long tubes to use in my last build. Some simple fab work and bam! Works like a charm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #571
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
Any exhaust shop can make it work. I bought the mac prochamber for long tubes to use in my last build. Some simple fab work and bam! Works like a charm.

Thats what I said but the cost of doing that out weighs getting the mid pipe cheaper at least at shops around me.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #572
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: South Carolina
You need to find a shop and make some friends there. Helps quite a bit!

Old 09-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #573
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
You need to find a shop and make some friends there. Helps quite a bit!

So do we. Otherwise you and I may have to open our own shop.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #574
Registered Member
Regular

Picked up the 4v heads complete with cams, 4v intake, fuel injectors, all 8 oem cops, wire harness, valve covers, part of the intake tube, fuel rails etc.....

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1474904957509.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	205275   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474904971013.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	205276  

Name:	1474904986883.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	205277   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474904992043.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	205278  

Name:	1474904999724.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	205279   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474905013084.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	205280  

Old 10-01-2016, 08:49 PM   #575
Registered Member
Regular

Got my cars H pipe "saga" finally over with. All issues have been fixed. The shop that did it is called Bad Habitz Fab in Maybee Mi, right next to the Milan Dragway (for those of you in Mi you will know where that is). They did and incredible job fixing all the welds and repairing my cast stock manifold where the other idiot split it. They found a few more issues and basically re-welded everything he did, cleaned up, de burred, and welded obviously. The H pipe is now bolted to the manifolds correctly on both sides, the H pipe itself is welded cause the first guy did that for some reason, and the cat back is now fixed and bolts correctly. To get my tips to sit flush where they are supposed to I will probably have to install that Bassani catback I got a couple weeks ago since the first guy jacked that part up. They have several full drag builds going on there so they didnt have time to do much more work for me like installing the cat back but I can take it back over the winter. They dont usually do repair jobs at all like this because their other business is too busy and lucrative I would assume but since I kind of knew the one guy who works there his boss was willing to help me out. It was nice to drive it today without getting poisoned from fumes and it sounding like an 84 suburban with rust holes in the muffler.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #576
Registered Member
Regular

The classic "filluppic"

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1475550079257.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	205449  
Old 10-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #577
Registered Member
Regular

So over the winter my parts gathering list will be for the 03: Ford Racing 410 gear kit, upper intake plenum- C&L, Trick Flow, or Accufab, tuner- MPT most likely- maybe Bama, Mach 1 chin spoiler, then either saving funds for a respray, plastidip, or wrap, possibly invest in a Wagner sprayer and dip it myself? There are a few places by me that do dipping and they have some great results. Thinking a darker metallic silver or something like that. Just dont want to spend thousands on a paint job for this particular car. After that stuff is done then Ill probably look into a Jmod, and do some more suspension stuff like LCAs, sub frames etc.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:31 AM   #578
Registered Member
Regular

Be doing a lot of little details like taking everything on the FE apart and replacing steering rack bushings, tie rods, etc etc. Doing some under body cleaning/painting, finish off painting my brakes in detail etc

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Basically will be running the Cliffy K 2v mod list..lol

Old 10-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #579
Registered Member
Regular

I do want to also look into some different springs for the rear, I need it another 3/4" lower or so.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #580
Registered Member
Regular

Got my new Trick Flow 75mm plenum yesterday and installed it today. Can feel a little difference in higher rpms and throttle response and exhaust sounds a little deeper. When I get a tune/tuner this coming spring then maybe it will help out a little more.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1477183640908.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	205849  
Old 10-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #581
Registered Member
Regular

Plenum was more for trying to spruce up my engine bay.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #582
Registered Member
Regular

So what has been done by me to the 03 since January 2016:

-Mach 1 grill delete kit
-SR coil springs no isos
-18×9/18x10.5 Rovos Durbans
-245/45-18 Sumitomo HTRZ 2s -285/35-18 Sumitomo HTRZ 2s
-SR 75mm throttle body
-Trick Flow 75mm plenum
-Moog ball joints
-Pypes off road H pipe
-Depo smoked headlights
-Raxiom smoked taillights
-LED license plate lights
-Painted calipers- black

What was already done when I got it:

-Tinted windows
-Flowmaster 40s
-BBK CAI
-New shocks/struts
-New brakes all around

Goals for next spring:

-Ford Racing 410 gears/ install
-MPT tune/SCT tuner
-Plastidip the whole car
-Possibly new rear springs for a little more drop- looked for a used rear set.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1477184597843.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	205850  
Old 10-22-2016, 11:13 PM   #583
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Car is going to be really nice, when you're done!

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:12 AM   #584
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Car is going to be really nice, when you're done!

Pick your poison.
Thanks. Hope it will get there one day. Thinking of just saying screw lowering springs and get a set of coilovers and be done with it, its really what I need personally so I can adjust it to my liking. Also the paint job is going to be a high dollar item unless I go with a dip job.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang