Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Project: 03 Silver GT

30K views 619 replies 27 participants last post by  Steve96 
#1 ·
May look at this tomorrow. 76k miles, new tires, shocks, struts, new COPs and plugs, CAI (who cares) and tinted windows. Picture's all look real clean, no winters or rust. Mostly stock which is great. Great price at least around me especially if I can get it closer to $5k. It is an auto though, but J mod, tune, higher stall, nice wheels/tires, lower control arms, subframes, lower it, and it would run really well. Getting ahead of myself. Guy wants rid of it, bought it for his son, not sure what happened there but I dont care if it checks out. Let me know what you think??

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#66 ·
Wow lol yeah he needs to make that thing hook. I've seen bolt on NA 2Vs with cam swaps run half a second faster than that.

#67 ·
Yeah if it hooked that would be awesome. Sounds like a really nice car, 440 aint no joke!

#68 ·
That's my goal for this thing. Mine has the original Steeda suspension on it which is full control arms, lowering/shocks/struts etc... Probably will hook half decently.

Your car being an auto will be a lot easier at the track. Hell, if you cam that thing and throw a converter at it that's a low 12 second car all day with suspension.

#69 ·
Thats probably realistically what my plan will be in the future with this thing. Still havent heard back on heads from Craigslist, called, emailed a couple times and response yet. But I will find something that will work at the right time to acheive that for now it will be suspension, exhuast, some bolt ons, wheels, tires, tune, then gears probably next season. And also some appearance this year but not a ton.

#70 ·
Nothing cool, but we had a 50 degree day here in the end of Jan (un heard of really), and I did some further cleaning. Its shining up nicely so far. Find more blemishes though when you start detailing, overall Im happy with it for the price.

Attachments

#72 ·
Thanks, I do like silver but it has its issues.

#73 · (Edited)
Silver has a lot if issues lol. One of which is any touch up is highly visible. I'm going to have to get mine re-sprayed in a few years, not sure how bad yours is. That is also because I am going to be changing both bumpers, the hood, the side skirts and possibly the sail panels. An my roof needs done regardless.

However, a silver/black theme with black rims is one of the meanest looking Mustangs there is IMO.

#77 · (Edited)
That sucks about your light. I remember you posting about it. I think Im going to go to my budget car building plan I did with my 96 when I lowered it, I bought all the parts I needed over the course of a few mths, spread out the cost. Im going to decide soon what wheels I want and size, Ill probably go with 18s even though I was thinking 17s originally cause of the pricing in tires being lower. I hate to say it and its boring but I really have always loved anthracite FR500 wheels on a silver car. Anyway if this is what I want, Ill buy one wheel at a time, going staggered, to spread out the cost. Buy one each paycheck kind of thing. Then Ill move onto the tires, and lastly the lowering springs, CC plates. By then I should be able to have what I need to lower it, and have nice new wheels and tires. After I get my wheels and tires Ill sell my stock set that have almost brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on them 245/45 17s and the wheels are really in good shape for their age. Ill be able to sell them as a set somewhere in the $500-$600 range maybe a little lower if need be, to get them gone quicker. Then Ill buy my tuner/ remote tune. Ill probably get the Mach 1 grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler, and honeycomb deck lid with my tax money, so Ill have that to install as well early this spring. Lower it around mid summer or so. Talking and planning out loud again, lol. Gets me through the day! It would be great to just buy everything all at once, but I dont think my wife would love that! She doesnt care if I buy car stuff as long as I dont destroy our budget, lol.

#78 ·
I am in the same boat brother!! I know how it is. My wife may the gods smile at her,hates me talking about different parts lol. But she's good about it, lets me get stuff here and there. I decided I will buy a set of tires to hold me over for a while. Gonna do the drag setup when I do get wheels. But for now gonna get regular front tires and a set of taller ones in the rear, use only the front lowering springs to give it a kinda old school look....hopefully it works out the way I have it pictured in my head.

2002 Mustang GT, Trick Flow plenum, eibach lowering springs, BBK catted x-pipe, for now.......

#79 ·
My wife doesnt care really as long as I dont deplete the accounts, I can do basically what I want. Im actually more cheap than her, but I do the finances so thats probably why. But yeah, I need to decide on a wheel style to go with and start ordering some stuff.

#82 ·
I ended up paying $5400 for it. He put about $700 into the brakes right before I bought it so I took the plunge. Its s good clean New Edge, nothing fancy, and with somewhat low miles for age at 76k.

#84 ·
Hey Congrats man! Glad to see you were able to get her. Slam it, 01 cobra bumper, grille delete, cowl hood, Termi side skirts, 17" DD's with 315's = boner achievement award :D

Biggest thing is don't forget about the 96. Got to remember to still give some attention when you get more than one in the stable.

#85 ·
Aint that the truth! I want to still do the PI swap, cams, throttle body/plenum, injectors, and a nice tune. Hopefully be around 300 or rwhp when all said and done. Need to add sub frames, shifter, and LCAs after that too and have a nice little car to take to the strip here and there. I will probably leave the 03 alone other than what I listed above, although its got a head start with already being PI equipped, lol. I owe it to my 96 tho, been promising her this for years, has sentimental value to me, and I want to make a NPI car somewhat "fast" all being relative. The 03 could be a good strip car too though being an auto. Anyway yeah it will be tough to divide funds between the 2, clean the 2, maint, etc, especially working 60 hrs a week or more, haha. Yeah I bought the 03 back a few weeks right after New Years, a member asked me how much I ended up paying a couple comments ago.

#86 ·
That's a solid plan. Make for a real fun street car. Turn the 03 with the 4R70W into the drag car. Saw the final price, great deal especially with the new brakes.

When I say balancing attention I speak from experience haha. I've probably put less than 1500 miles on my 03 v6 since I got the Mach 1 in June of '14. Might do something fun for her this year, maybe a nice lopey cam, mainly for sound since it's so damn expensive to do on the 4V's.

It may not have the power and sound of the Mach, but it's my first car and still turns heads when I do take her out.

#87 ·
Thats how I feel about my 96 GT. It may not be much to anyone else but it is to me. It turns some heads, and I get many compliments on it. Currently its better looking than the 03 to me anyway, but when Im all set with the 03 it will look better, dont tell her though.

The auto is probably the best bet to throw more serious money at it, youre right. If I were to try to make it something strip worthy, I would probably get a Vortech SC for it, fuel system, suspension, gears, exhuast, tune it, and roll with that. It would be less effort really and faster. Who knows what will happen, Im waaaay ahead of myself anyway. Just need to start on it with some small ext mods like grill delete, chin spoiler, wheels, tires, and lower it.

#89 ·
Thanks JDF. I will check it out and price shipping. Doesnt look like a bad price. They are Windsor heads but they will obviously work, just a little different swap IIRC. Thanks again

#92 ·
Ok. So I have to now decide what wheels I want to go with, 17" or 18", style, color? I want staggered with whatever wheel I end up choosing. They will be going on a 03 GT silver paint. Any suggestions? I lika anthracite bullits but their over done a bit, and my other one has them too, I have always liked anthracite Fr500s on New Edges as well. Any suggestions? I plan on buying in stages, like 2 front, then 2 rear to spread out the cost and be ready for spring. Also wouldnt mind tire size suggestions either. Thanks for any input.

Also will be buying lowering springs. I want a drop at least 1.5" or lower preferably. Im sure I will need CC plates too. Again buying some parts in stages so this spring I have some stuff to throw on right away. Any suggestions? Thanks

#93 ·
Any wheel suggestions? I do love the Rovos but Im not going to spend that much, unless I found a deal. I do like the MMD I think they are on AM, I beleive "Superdrift" just got them on his Mach 1.

#94 ·
I think the MMD wheels would look good but they're a little simple for my tastes. I'm always a big fan of chrome Saleens, even though they are quite played out. I always vote to go 18s because they fill the wheel well quite nicely.

#95 ·
Im leaning towards 18" for sure, about 150 or so more for tires plus or minus. I like Saleens too on the new edge. I like SVE drifts too.

#96 ·
Eh... Saleens are played out so bad... But if you like them go for it. Its not as bad as Bullitts lol and I had those myself. On a budget tho, 17s are SO much better and performance wise better too because of the wider rear tires and less weight.

#97 ·
Yeah, Bullits are played out but still look good usually when staggered and lowered. And thats why I like 17s and went with them previously on my other car. I think right now Im leaning towards the FR500s in anthracite or something with a more "spoked" look but I dont know.

#99 ·
The AMRs are real nice too.

Also nice because they have an 18x8" available for the front which honestly looks better on a 94-98 car. 9" rims often lip out a little past the fender on those which I personally don't like but that's just me.

#100 ·
These would be going on an 03 so I would probably do a 9", I will check them out. I know I have seen them, but ill take a look for a refresh

#101 ·
Welp...officially ordered the first "mod" for the 03.....wait for it...wait for it....a Mach 1 grill delete, lol. Starting small, but will be ordering other things shortly, or more like next week most likely. The nesting has begun

#104 · (Edited)
It is amazing how such a simple mod will change the front of these cars. They basically did a "delete" with the pre 99 cars, don't know why they deviated in 99.

Unless you are absolutely in love with 18's, I would stick with 17's. More tire options, in some cases better tire options, and overall cheaper. You can get a nice sticky 315/35/17 for around $200. Good luck finding a decent 295/35/18 for that price let alone a 305 or 315. Trust me I know.

I personally don't like tons of sidewall on 17's, but with the right aspect ratio (given proper width) and a drop they can still look damn good. I run 245/45 Sumi's on 17x9" Bullitts on my 03 with a 2" drop and I have had numerous mustang guys ask if they are 18's.

I bought the satin gunmetal Rovos Durbans for the Mach. All together for 18x9/18x10.5's, Nitto 275/35 NT555's and 295/35 NT05's = $1900. And that was with Black Friday discounts.

They look amazing and aren't the typical Saleen or Bullitt which is what I wanted, but I could've done a full set of 17's with tires for almost half. I think Scotty picked up a full set of 17" wheels/tires from AM around the same time for ~$1100.

FR500's look sick on a lowered silver new edge. I always liked the GT4 wheels too but I believe they are discontinued.

#102 ·
Mach 1 grille delete is pretty much required. The honeycomb looks like ****. Good call.

#105 ·
I have not got the tires yet but yes, 17s with real good tires is $1100 to my door ready to go. Cannot beat that.

#107 ·
Im leaning towards 17s then I go back to 18s. It will most likely come down the deal that is out there or even if I find something lightly used. Ill let the financial situation decide for me, sometimes that helps to make up your mind real quick

#108 ·
Financial situation there is no contest between the 2. Unless you find a mint set of 18s with good rubber on them that you KNOW is in good shape. And even then the first time you have to get new tires for it you'll pay for just the tires about as much as a complete rim/tire combo for 17s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.