Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:15 AM   #71

Region: Arizona
Nice ride...but then again I am partial to that color on a new edge.

2002 Mustang GT, BBK CAI, BBK x-pipe, Trickflow plenum, Eibach lowering springs...more to come...
Vinny02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 10:35 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Thanks, I do like silver but it has its issues.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 10:40 AM   #73
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Silver has a lot if issues lol. One of which is any touch up is highly visible. I'm going to have to get mine re-sprayed in a few years, not sure how bad yours is. That is also because I am going to be changing both bumpers, the hood, the side skirts and possibly the sail panels. An my roof needs done regardless.

However, a silver/black theme with black rims is one of the meanest looking Mustangs there is IMO.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:42 AM   #74

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Silver has a lot if issues lol. One of which is any touch up is highly visible. I'm going to have to get mine re-sprayed in a few years, not sure how bad yours is. That is also because I am going to be changing both bumpers, the hood, the side skirts and possibly the sail panels. An my roof needs done regardless.

However, a silver/black theme with black rims is one of the meanest looking Mustangs there is IMO.
Exactly scotty!!!

2002 Mustang GT, BBK CAI, BBK x-pipe, Trickflow plenum, Eibach lowering springs...more to come...
Vinny02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:26 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Mine isnt that bad, I could see maybe wanting it repainted in 3 or 4 yrs maybe if certain spots deteriorate more. I will keep it as clean as I can and garaged daily of course. I think with the proper maintenence and care the paint will look good for quite some time. Its all the little nicks etc that you find when detailing and have now inspected every sqaure inch of the car. For being 13 yrs old and 76k miles it is definitely clean and has been cared for. The front bumper bothers me some and thats really the worst of it. Maybe Ill find a Cobra bumper at some point and have it painted, IDK or even a clean GT one if I run across one, even the same color if Im lucky. The other area that bothers me are the side scoops, one side has some scrapes which look like a door hit it a couple times or a cart, and the other side it looks like the scoop isn't seated exactly where it needs to be and along the edge it appears to be adhesive there, maybe it shifted some? It looks white and feels hard (waiting on the jokes), it doesnt look like peeling paint to me as it is a different shade. For instance around the trunk seams on one side there is very slight chipping of the paint (normal silver paint crap) but it isnt bad and barely noticeable unless your shown. But this looks like a different texture to me. Anyway, Ill probably look into new side scoops and clean that up if it comes off and isnt an actual paint defect. New pre painted scoops wouldnt be a huge deal to do anyway.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:23 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Mine isnt that bad, I could see maybe wanting it repainted in 3 or 4 yrs maybe if certain spots deteriorate more. I will keep it as clean as I can and garaged daily of course. I think with the proper maintenence and care the paint will look good for quite some time. Its all the little nicks etc that you find when detailing and have now inspected every sqaure inch of the car. For being 13 yrs old and 76k miles it is definitely clean and has been cared for. The front bumper bothers me some and thats really the worst of it. Maybe Ill find a Cobra bumper at some point and have it painted, IDK or even a clean GT one if I run across one, even the same color if Im lucky. The other area that bothers me are the side scoops, one side has some scrapes which look like a door hit it a couple times or a cart, and the other side it looks like the scoop isn't seated exactly where it needs to be and along the edge it appears to be adhesive there, maybe it shifted some? It looks white and feels hard (waiting on the jokes), it doesnt look like peeling paint to me as it is a different shade. For instance around the trunk seams on one side there is very slight chipping of the paint (normal silver paint crap) but it isnt bad and barely noticeable unless your shown. But this looks like a different texture to me. Anyway, Ill probably look into new side scoops and clean that up if it comes off and isnt an actual paint defect. New pre painted scoops wouldnt be a huge deal to do anyway.

Mine has the same kind of problems...except by the drivers side head light I have a 1/4 inch gap that I didn't see when I bought it. The previous owner had black caulk filling it in pretty good. I found it when I changed to the smoked headlights. Same issues with scoops and a scratch by the drivers side scoop. I will get a repaint in a couple of years after she is "done".

2002 Mustang GT, Trick Flow plenum, eibach lowering springs, BBK catted x-pipe, for now.......
Vinnie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 12:31 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

That sucks about your light. I remember you posting about it. I think Im going to go to my budget car building plan I did with my 96 when I lowered it, I bought all the parts I needed over the course of a few mths, spread out the cost. Im going to decide soon what wheels I want and size, Ill probably go with 18s even though I was thinking 17s originally cause of the pricing in tires being lower. I hate to say it and its boring but I really have always loved anthracite FR500 wheels on a silver car. Anyway if this is what I want, Ill buy one wheel at a time, going staggered, to spread out the cost. Buy one each paycheck kind of thing. Then Ill move onto the tires, and lastly the lowering springs, CC plates. By then I should be able to have what I need to lower it, and have nice new wheels and tires. After I get my wheels and tires Ill sell my stock set that have almost brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on them 245/45 17s and the wheels are really in good shape for their age. Ill be able to sell them as a set somewhere in the $500-$600 range maybe a little lower if need be, to get them gone quicker. Then Ill buy my tuner/ remote tune. Ill probably get the Mach 1 grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler, and honeycomb deck lid with my tax money, so Ill have that to install as well early this spring. Lower it around mid summer or so. Talking and planning out loud again, lol. Gets me through the day! It would be great to just buy everything all at once, but I dont think my wife would love that! She doesnt care if I buy car stuff as long as I dont destroy our budget, lol.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:28 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That sucks about your light. I remember you posting about it. I think Im going to go to my budget car building plan I did with my 96 when I lowered it, I bought all the parts I needed over the course of a few mths, spread out the cost. Im going to decide soon what wheels I want and size, Ill probably go with 18s even though I was thinking 17s originally cause of the pricing in tires being lower. I hate to say it and its boring but I really have always loved anthracite FR500 wheels on a silver car. Anyway if this is what I want, Ill buy one wheel at a time, going staggered, to spread out the cost. Buy one each paycheck kind of thing. Then Ill move onto the tires, and lastly the lowering springs, CC plates. By then I should be able to have what I need to lower it, and have nice new wheels and tires. After I get my wheels and tires Ill sell my stock set that have almost brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires on them 245/45 17s and the wheels are really in good shape for their age. Ill be able to sell them as a set somewhere in the $500-$600 range maybe a little lower if need be, to get them gone quicker. Then Ill buy my tuner/ remote tune. Ill probably get the Mach 1 grill delete, Mach 1 chin spoiler, and honeycomb deck lid with my tax money, so Ill have that to install as well early this spring. Lower it around mid summer or so. Talking and planning out loud again, lol. Gets me through the day! It would be great to just buy everything all at once, but I dont think my wife would love that! She doesnt care if I buy car stuff as long as I dont destroy our budget, lol.

I am in the same boat brother!! I know how it is. My wife may the gods smile at her,hates me talking about different parts lol. But she's good about it, lets me get stuff here and there. I decided I will buy a set of tires to hold me over for a while. Gonna do the drag setup when I do get wheels. But for now gonna get regular front tires and a set of taller ones in the rear, use only the front lowering springs to give it a kinda old school look....hopefully it works out the way I have it pictured in my head.

2002 Mustang GT, Trick Flow plenum, eibach lowering springs, BBK catted x-pipe, for now.......
Vinnie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

My wife doesnt care really as long as I dont deplete the accounts, I can do basically what I want. Im actually more cheap than her, but I do the finances so thats probably why. But yeah, I need to decide on a wheel style to go with and start ordering some stuff.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Congrats on buy looks clean what did you pay 5k ?
colts0455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #81
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Nothing cool, but we had a 50 degree day here in the end of Jan (un heard of really), and I did some further cleaning. Its shining up nicely so far. Find more blemishes though when you start detailing, overall Im happy with it for the price.

Looks pretty clean!
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

I ended up paying $5400 for it. He put about $700 into the brakes right before I bought it so I took the plunge. Its s good clean New Edge, nothing fancy, and with somewhat low miles for age at 76k.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Looks pretty clean!
Thanks. It is really clean and in great shape for what I spent. It has some blems but less than most cars that are 13yrs old. It will get there one day. Just want to make it a little louder with a mid pipe, suspension/lower, wheels/tires, 410 gears, tune, and some other bolt ons and enjoy it as a nice cruiser. I still have plans on building up my 96 some day, until then Ill have 2 nice clean cruisers.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:49 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Hey Congrats man! Glad to see you were able to get her. Slam it, 01 cobra bumper, grille delete, cowl hood, Termi side skirts, 17" DD's with 315's = boner achievement award

Biggest thing is don't forget about the 96. Got to remember to still give some attention when you get more than one in the stable.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Hey Congrats man! Glad to see you were able to get her. Slam it, 01 cobra bumper, grille delete, cowl hood, Termi side skirts, 17" DD's with 315's = boner achievement award

Biggest thing is don't forget about the 96. Got to remember to still give some attention when you get more than one in the stable.
Aint that the truth! I want to still do the PI swap, cams, throttle body/plenum, injectors, and a nice tune. Hopefully be around 300 or rwhp when all said and done. Need to add sub frames, shifter, and LCAs after that too and have a nice little car to take to the strip here and there. I will probably leave the 03 alone other than what I listed above, although its got a head start with already being PI equipped, lol. I owe it to my 96 tho, been promising her this for years, has sentimental value to me, and I want to make a NPI car somewhat "fast" all being relative. The 03 could be a good strip car too though being an auto. Anyway yeah it will be tough to divide funds between the 2, clean the 2, maint, etc, especially working 60 hrs a week or more, haha. Yeah I bought the 03 back a few weeks right after New Years, a member asked me how much I ended up paying a couple comments ago.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:33 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

That's a solid plan. Make for a real fun street car. Turn the 03 with the 4R70W into the drag car. Saw the final price, great deal especially with the new brakes.

When I say balancing attention I speak from experience haha. I've probably put less than 1500 miles on my 03 v6 since I got the Mach 1 in June of '14. Might do something fun for her this year, maybe a nice lopey cam, mainly for sound since it's so damn expensive to do on the 4V's.

It may not have the power and sound of the Mach, but it's my first car and still turns heads when I do take her out.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
That's a solid plan. Make for a real fun street car. Turn the 03 with the 4R70W into the drag car. Saw the final price, great deal especially with the new brakes.

When I say balancing attention I speak from experience haha. I've probably put less than 1500 miles on my 03 v6 since I got the Mach 1 in June of '14. Might do something fun for her this year, maybe a nice lopey cam, mainly for sound since it's so damn expensive to do on the 4V's.

It may not have the power and sound of the Mach, but it's my first car and still turns heads when I do take her out.
Thats how I feel about my 96 GT. It may not be much to anyone else but it is to me. It turns some heads, and I get many compliments on it. Currently its better looking than the 03 to me anyway, but when Im all set with the 03 it will look better, dont tell her though.

The auto is probably the best bet to throw more serious money at it, youre right. If I were to try to make it something strip worthy, I would probably get a Vortech SC for it, fuel system, suspension, gears, exhuast, tune it, and roll with that. It would be less effort really and faster. Who knows what will happen, Im waaaay ahead of myself anyway. Just need to start on it with some small ext mods like grill delete, chin spoiler, wheels, tires, and lower it.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
In case you were shopping for the 96 already http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/5427471343.html
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
In case you were shopping for the 96 already http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/5427471343.html
Thanks JDF. I will check it out and price shipping. Doesnt look like a bad price. They are Windsor heads but they will obviously work, just a little different swap IIRC. Thanks again

Old 02-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks JDF. I will check it out and price shipping. Doesnt look like a bad price. They are Windsor heads but they will obviously work, just a little different swap IIRC. Thanks again

Not a problem. It's the cheapest set I've seen around here.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:42 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Not a problem. It's the cheapest set I've seen around here.
I have seen some around me for that price range but not recently. And of course Im kind of tapped out of "fun" money right now, waiting on my next bonus in March to have a little parts money skimmed off the top. Then I will start scooping up some parts, new and maybe some used if I can find them in good shape.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. So I have to now decide what wheels I want to go with, 17" or 18", style, color? I want staggered with whatever wheel I end up choosing. They will be going on a 03 GT silver paint. Any suggestions? I lika anthracite bullits but their over done a bit, and my other one has them too, I have always liked anthracite Fr500s on New Edges as well. Any suggestions? I plan on buying in stages, like 2 front, then 2 rear to spread out the cost and be ready for spring. Also wouldnt mind tire size suggestions either. Thanks for any input.

Also will be buying lowering springs. I want a drop at least 1.5" or lower preferably. Im sure I will need CC plates too. Again buying some parts in stages so this spring I have some stuff to throw on right away. Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 02-18-2016, 07:10 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Any wheel suggestions? I do love the Rovos but Im not going to spend that much, unless I found a deal. I do like the MMD I think they are on AM, I beleive "Superdrift" just got them on his Mach 1.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:27 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

I think the MMD wheels would look good but they're a little simple for my tastes. I'm always a big fan of chrome Saleens, even though they are quite played out. I always vote to go 18s because they fill the wheel well quite nicely.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Im leaning towards 18" for sure, about 150 or so more for tires plus or minus. I like Saleens too on the new edge. I like SVE drifts too.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #96
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh... Saleens are played out so bad... But if you like them go for it. Its not as bad as Bullitts lol and I had those myself. On a budget tho, 17s are SO much better and performance wise better too because of the wider rear tires and less weight.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:11 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Eh... Saleens are played out so bad... But if you like them go for it. Its not as bad as Bullitts lol and I had those myself. On a budget tho, 17s are SO much better and performance wise better too because of the wider rear tires and less weight.
Yeah, Bullits are played out but still look good usually when staggered and lowered. And thats why I like 17s and went with them previously on my other car. I think right now Im leaning towards the FR500s in anthracite or something with a more "spoked" look but I dont know.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, Bullits are played out but still look good usually when staggered and lowered. And thats why I like 17s and went with them previously on my other car. I think right now Im leaning towards the FR500s in anthracite or something with a more "spoked" look but I dont know.

Have you looked at the AMR's? I saw them on a sixxer the other day and they looked pretty nice.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:39 AM   #99
Staff
Regular
Staff

The AMRs are real nice too.

Also nice because they have an 18x8" available for the front which honestly looks better on a 94-98 car. 9" rims often lip out a little past the fender on those which I personally don't like but that's just me.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:10 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The AMRs are real nice too.

Also nice because they have an 18x8" available for the front which honestly looks better on a 94-98 car. 9" rims often lip out a little past the fender on those which I personally don't like but that's just me.
These would be going on an 03 so I would probably do a 9", I will check them out. I know I have seen them, but ill take a look for a refresh

Old 02-23-2016, 03:07 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Welp...officially ordered the first "mod" for the 03.....wait for it...wait for it....a Mach 1 grill delete, lol. Starting small, but will be ordering other things shortly, or more like next week most likely. The nesting has begun

Old 02-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #102
Staff
Regular
Staff

Mach 1 grille delete is pretty much required. The honeycomb looks like ****. Good call.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice GT bro

Sent from my SM-P900 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
XxBadfishxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:39 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Welp...officially ordered the first "mod" for the 03.....wait for it...wait for it....a Mach 1 grill delete, lol. Starting small, but will be ordering other things shortly, or more like next week most likely. The nesting has begun

It is amazing how such a simple mod will change the front of these cars. They basically did a "delete" with the pre 99 cars, don't know why they deviated in 99.

Unless you are absolutely in love with 18's, I would stick with 17's. More tire options, in some cases better tire options, and overall cheaper. You can get a nice sticky 315/35/17 for around $200. Good luck finding a decent 295/35/18 for that price let alone a 305 or 315. Trust me I know.

I personally don't like tons of sidewall on 17's, but with the right aspect ratio (given proper width) and a drop they can still look damn good. I run 245/45 Sumi's on 17x9" Bullitts on my 03 with a 2" drop and I have had numerous mustang guys ask if they are 18's.

I bought the satin gunmetal Rovos Durbans for the Mach. All together for 18x9/18x10.5's, Nitto 275/35 NT555's and 295/35 NT05's = $1900. And that was with Black Friday discounts.

They look amazing and aren't the typical Saleen or Bullitt which is what I wanted, but I could've done a full set of 17's with tires for almost half. I think Scotty picked up a full set of 17" wheels/tires from AM around the same time for ~$1100.

FR500's look sick on a lowered silver new edge. I always liked the GT4 wheels too but I believe they are discontinued.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #105
Staff
Regular
Staff

I have not got the tires yet but yes, 17s with real good tires is $1100 to my door ready to go. Cannot beat that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang