Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:36 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I always assumed they got thrown around quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 10:50 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I always assumed they got thrown around quite a bit.

Yes they do. You should have seen the damage they did to my Corsa axleback off my vette.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular

We get a ton of shipments and orders in at my work for customers and we have to open everything in packages too make sure there is no damage mostly. We end up with quite a few damaged items. Problem is these mis handled packages we end up getting the blame from the customers.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:54 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Got em, and both are SILVER and the right size! Finally feel good about my purchase and the great deal I got on them.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1459227246014.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	198956  
Old 03-29-2016, 05:36 AM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Got em, and both are SILVER and the right size! Finally feel good about my purchase and the great deal I got on them.

Awesome

Mods: Upr Xpipe, Upr CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach grill delete, Chin spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
jeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:48 AM   #216
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
NICE! Just make damn sure to go over them with a fine tooth comb. I'm not sure after all these issues I would send them back for a minor blem but if if they are like the one Soccer got...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
NICE! Just make damn sure to go over them with a fine tooth comb. I'm not sure after all these issues I would send them back for a minor blem but if if they are like the one Soccer got...
For sure. I opened them up last night and inspected them. They look good, but thats definitely good advice. Ive been burned before opening something and not insecting it 100% and then its a month or two later and you find that its damaged. That sucks when a place has a limited time return policy like 30 days or some things are even less.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

Sweet! You decide on tires yet?

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

I think so. The Sumi HTRZ IIIs in a 265 40 18- everything I can find spec wise has them listed as 26.3" tall like I wanted. I did compare a bunch of diff manufacturers and they range from 26"-26.7" tall in that same size and vary in width. The rear Im gonna stick with the BFG Sport Comps in a 275 40 18, their 26.7" tall, and are as wide as a 285 or even a 295 compared to other manufacturers.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #220
Staff
Regular
Staff

Let me know how those HTRZ III tires are for a street car. Would not expect them to be spectacular but might be a good option for just cruising or blasts down a back road or going quick around corners on the street. Obviously not for competition.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let me know how those HTRZ III tires are for a street car. Would not expect them to be spectacular but might be a good option for just cruising or blasts down a back road or going quick around corners on the street. Obviously not for competition.
I will. They have decent reviews but no one is using them for anything competitive from what Ive seen. Im sure someone has though, theres someone for everything, lol. All the uses you stated is about what Ill be doing with them, just a decent DD summer tire with decent wear. The tread on them doesnt look to far off from the BFGs, if their not right next to each other that is, and should ride smoothly at least OK together too. Sidewalls dont have anything to crazy on either of them to make it obvious they are different. But people run diff tires on the rear for traction anyway. It kind of bothers me not having them match but not hugely. Ill let you know how they are for sure.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will. They have decent reviews but no one is using them for anything competitive from what Ive seen. Im sure someone has though, theres someone for everything, lol. All the uses you stated is about what Ill be doing with them, just a decent DD summer tire with decent wear. The tread on them doesnt look to far off from the BFGs, if their not right next to each other that is, and should ride smoothly at least OK together too. Sidewalls dont have anything to crazy on either of them to make it obvious they are different. But people run diff tires on the rear for traction anyway. It kind of bothers me not having them match but not hugely. Ill let you know how they are for sure.

Eh, people do that all the time, whether it's for performance reasons or ride preference. I've heard more positive things about the HTR3's so I think you'll be happy with them. Honestly, the 285 HTR2's I ran last summer weren't terrible for cruising around, wear was good and they were quiet. Hooking and performance driving is another story.

Be sure to post up some pics once the tires come in and once you get them mounted.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l 2.6 Pulley/Idler l Airaid l o/r X l 305 NT555R's l Recaros l

04 Azure Blue Mach 1 / 03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 14 Sterling Grey F150 FX4 402A 5.0 / 11 GT500 R.I.P.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Will do. I have been looking at the HTR 2s also, but I dont think Ive seen them in a 40 sidewall just the 35. I know there arent a ton of 285 40 18s tires and are usually pretty pricey. I still could just do the 275 35 and 285 35 set up too, would save about a $100 or a little more. But I probably will be more happy with the little bit taller tire especially if only using SRs and no isos, H&R Sports, or Eibachs.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

One thing to know is that the HTR2's run fairly narrow. I have 285/35/18's on two of my old 18x9" Saleens and they are about flush. So I imagine they would look stretched on a 10" wheel. If you look at pictures on AM, most of the 285's on 10" wheels aren't flush.

And I think you will prefer the taller sidewall, especially if you run a milder drop spring.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular

I think so too.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:57 AM   #226
Staff
Regular
Staff

HTR2s run like Nittos, which run REAL narrow at least the 555s. I would not put less than a 295 HTR2 on a 10" rim. 555 315s are actually a little too small for 10.5" if that says anything.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #227
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
My HTRZ2s run narrow definitely. I have 285s on a 10" and it's not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
HTR2s run like Nittos, which run REAL narrow at least the 555s. I would not put less than a 295 HTR2 on a 10" rim. 555 315s are actually a little too small for 10.5" if that says anything.
The 555's do run narrow. Maybe it's just a fluke but my 295/35/18 NT05's are flush on my 18x10.5" rears, so they definitely do not run as narrow as the NT555's, as least mine don't.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

Ill be sticking to the BFGs, there plenty wide for the 10" and being wider than a standard 275 they will give it a better look going staggered.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:51 AM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I may never get to buy tires sinc the wheels came today to replace the matte black ones, guess what.......their MATTE BLACK AGAIN!!! Not silver for now the second shipment, this is getting ridiculous now.

I think the car would look sweet with matte flat black wheels with the silver exterior, its a nice combo but they should give you a promditonal credit for messing up twice already.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:24 AM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
I think the car would look sweet with matte flat black wheels with the silver exterior, its a nice combo but they should give you a promditonal credit for messing up twice already.

I agree but no credit. I appreciate the situation being swiftly reconciled once Alex L was inlovled but no credit for all the headaches before that. I got a great deal so in the end it was worth the trouble I guess, but during I wanted to say f $$@ it!! The matte black could have looked good too, Im just a little over black wheels right now, I actually would have went with the gloss black Saleens if I went black. Ive always liked those in black on most color Mustangs.

But at this point Ive been shopping other vendors due to my issues with the wheels leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Ive never had an issue with AM service before but this time it was hard to make it happen. Maybe something has changed with their CS or the issue I was experiencing was just an odd ball one with the boxes being messed up. You would have thought due to my initial order screw up my request to have the boxes opened quickly to check the wheel color wouldnt have been that lofty, but I dont know how their processes work when their pulling orders in the warehouse. There may not be a super easy way to communicate to the order pullers? I assume they "scan" the barcodes on the boxes as they pull orders, as this is usually a more accurate method; VS some dude reading the part numbers, colors, etc and pulling the order? The issue was the barcode was for silver but the rest of the sticker and actual wheels were matte black. Who knows, my "open the box old school" method is what they had to do in the end. What's even more ridiculous they called me the following day after my first reorder and told me they had them checked out for color before shipping, obviously this didnt happen or someone was confused.

Long story short its taken care of, I have what I ordered and wanted. I just dont think I will spend more money with them for a while. Who knows though I may have worse issues with another company??

Old 04-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #232
Staff
Regular
Staff

TBTH... out of all the "mustang" vendors I've had the best luck with LRS. You can get a 6% discount with them too if you are a member over on the Corral.

BUT... if you never want to have an issue order from Summit or Jegs first if they have the part you want. AM does have pretty good customer service but its not overnight the replacement part before 10AM customer service like Summit's is if they screw up on their end.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree but no credit. I appreciate the situation being swiftly reconciled once Alex L was inlovled but no credit for all the headaches before that. I got a great deal so in the end it was worth the trouble I guess, but during I wanted to say f $$@ it!! The matte black could have looked good too, Im just a little over black wheels right now, I actually would have went with the gloss black Saleens if I went black. Ive always liked those in black on most color Mustangs.

But at this point Ive been shopping other vendors due to my issues with the wheels leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Ive never had an issue with AM service before but this time it was hard to make it happen. Maybe something has changed with their CS or the issue I was experiencing was just an odd ball one with the boxes being messed up. You would have thought due to my initial order screw up my request to have the boxes opened quickly to check the wheel color wouldnt have been that lofty, but I dont know how their processes work when their pulling orders in the warehouse. There may not be a super easy way to communicate to the order pullers? I assume they "scan" the barcodes on the boxes as they pull orders, as this is usually a more accurate method; VS some dude reading the part numbers, colors, etc and pulling the order? The issue was the barcode was for silver but the rest of the sticker and actual wheels were matte black. Who knows, my "open the box old school" method is what they had to do in the end. What's even more ridiculous they called me the following day after my first reorder and told me they had them checked out for color before shipping, obviously this didnt happen or someone was confused.

Long story short its taken care of, I have what I ordered and wanted. I just dont think I will spend more money with them for a while. Who knows though I may have worse issues with another company??

Thats sucks that that happened but its good that they fixed everything for you. I really like their website the way everything is set up, it makes you want to buy more mods lol but I ve ordered from lmr and they re pretty good on shipping too and much faster since there located in TX instead of far east coast since I live all the way over here in CA

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Old 04-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
TBTH... out of all the "mustang" vendors I've had the best luck with LRS. You can get a 6% discount with them too if you are a member over on the Corral.

BUT... if you never want to have an issue order from Summit or Jegs first if they have the part you want. AM does have pretty good customer service but its not overnight the replacement part before 10AM customer service like Summit's is if they screw up on their end.
Whats LRS? haven t heard of them

Old 04-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ive heard Summit is very good with stuff like that and Jegs. If they have what Im looking for Ill try them out at some point. I just joined the Corral last week, been getting used to navigating it.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whats LRS? haven t heard of them

Late Model Restoration. Very similar to American Muscle, same kinds of Mustang aftermarket/OEM stuff.

Old 04-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Late Model Restoration. Very similar to American Muscle, same kinds of Mustang aftermarket/OEM stuff.

Oh I though it was LMR

Old 04-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

It was AM I had the wheel debacle with

Old 04-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular

Finanly did the grill delete. Fits pretty well, moves around a touch more than my liking, but only if you try to lol.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1459898923503.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	199302   Click image for larger version

Name:	1459898937591.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	199303  

Name:	1459898951871.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	199304  
Old 04-05-2016, 07:11 PM   #240
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Oh I though it was LMR

Latemodel Restoration Supply. Started as 50Resto.com

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 04-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh I though it was LMR

AM gets stuff to me pretty quick here in MI. Its hard to beat their free shipping too.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:45 AM   #242
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
AM gets stuff to me pretty quick here in MI. Its hard to beat their free shipping too.

LRS/LMR does 3 day shipping on everything and is super fast getting it out the door. Also have free shipping. Its kind of a wash between the 2 stores as far as prices and all the other benefits. Just boils down to who has what in stock or personal preference.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #243
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LRS/LMR does 3 day shipping on everything and is super fast getting it out the door. Also have free shipping. Its kind of a wash between the 2 stores as far as prices and all the other benefits. Just boils down to who has what in stock or personal preference.
I agree. Trying to find a free shipping code for tirerack. Found a couple sites that have free shipping to authorized installers.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #244
Staff
Regular
Staff

I tried free shipping on tirerack before... no dice unless you are going to an installer.

I'd also find a local tire shop that is good and see if they can't price match. The guy near me can do most brands installed for less than tirerack once you factor in shipping and mount/balance.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

You only get a 6% discount for LMR if you join the corral?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang