Project: 03 Silver GT - Page 8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #246
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Finanly did the grill delete. Fits pretty well, moves around a touch more than my liking, but only if you try to lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Two good looking Mustangs.

Adventure till you drop.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #247
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
You only get a 6% discount for LMR if you join the corral?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yes 6% is better than 0% lol

Mods: Upr Xpipe, Upr CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach grill delete, Chin spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2016, 11:32 AM   #248
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
You only get a 6% discount for LMR if you join the corral?

That's what AM is too dude. And Rockauto and UPR are 5%.

I get 10% on some stuff on Jegs tho... Military.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #249
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I tried free shipping on tirerack before... no dice unless you are going to an installer.

I'd also find a local tire shop that is good and see if they can't price match. The guy near me can do most brands installed for less than tirerack once you factor in shipping and mount/balance.
Ive been pricing my local guys this week. Funny Im being such a penny pincher with this, but I want to make the most of my mod money since Im not in a huge rush. I will see if any locals can match and sell what I need to get. So far even with shipping its cheaper to order, pay shipping, and have installed. Im going to look into what installers I can have them shipped to for free or less shipping and weight it all out.

Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #250
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Yes 6% is better than 0% lol

Mods: Upr Xpipe, Upr CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach grill delete, Chin spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
Of course anything off is better then nothing but i meant why not this forum too, i have to join the corral now lol

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #251
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
That's what AM is too dude. And Rockauto and UPR are 5%.

I get 10% on some stuff on Jegs tho... Military.
Scotty will you share the upr and rockauto discount with us?

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, Original 40 Flowmasters, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights
Old 04-07-2016, 02:31 PM   #252
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Rockauto changes all the time. We keep a thread updated here with a current one. Just google it. The upr public code is shazam.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:30 PM   #253
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks Scotty

Old 04-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #254
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

There is a LMR 7% code also. I forgot what it is tho.

And technically it is LMR officially. They even changed their site to www.lmr.com

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #255
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
Two good looking Mustangs.

Adventure till you drop.
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2016, 09:40 PM   #256
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone off the topic think an sct 4 tuner is worth $250 used?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #257
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think thats a bad price. I assume its unlocked? Ive seen the 3s go for around $200 or maybe a hair less. They will do the trick too. If its in good condition, unlocked, and works then you are good to go. What remote tuner are you using or are you dyno tuning it? If going bama your probably better off getting the sct4 with their tunes for life thru AM, its $399. I think to just buy the tunes for life alone there around $150 or so. But you have options, get that tuner and go MPT, I think their tunes are less than $100, and are better according to several forum members.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #258
Registered Member
Regular

Check out Tuning by James also, just Google it. I think he quoted me $299 for tuner and $75 for the tune.

On second thought I would offer like 180-200 for that one.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #259
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont think thats a bad price. I assume its unlocked? Ive seen the 3s go for around $200 or maybe a hair less. They will do the trick too. If its in good condition, unlocked, and works then you are good to go. What remote tuner are you using or are you dyno tuning it? If going bama your probably better off getting the sct4 with their tunes for life thru AM, its $399. I think to just buy the tunes for life alone there around $150 or so. But you have options, get that tuner and go MPT, I think their tunes are less than $100, and are better according to several forum members.

I bought it and its unlocked but I m not sure how it works

Old 04-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #260
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought it and its unlocked but I m not sure how it works

You will have to download the software, can google it and find it free. Then you will have figure out where you want to get your tune from? Are you doing remote tune or a dyno tune?

Old 04-08-2016, 10:21 PM   #261
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will have to download the software, can google it and find it free. Then you will have figure out where you want to get your tune from? Are you doing remote tune or a dyno tune?

What's the difference between the two?
Old 04-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #262
Registered Member
Regular

Remote tune would be something like Tuningbyjames, where he sends you a base tune with what you specify you want (like Bama, Steeda, MPT, etc), and then you datalog through your tuner by driving with it and send your file back to them. They will then take your datalog and analyze it, dial it in more for your specific car, sometimes this takes many datalogs depending on your modifications. This processes is usually done when you have modified your engine beyond basic bolt ons, this would be done for cams, FI, nitrous, etc.

A dyno tune would be done at a performance shop where your actual car is on the dyno. They will dial it in until they get it to get more power, torque curve and so on. Then they will use your SCT 4 to load the tune or tunes onto. Most done this way only have one tune file on their tuner but Im sure if you want 3 like you get with the email tunes (87, 89, 91-93 octane) you can, its all in what you want to spend .

In your case with the average bolt ons, exhaust, CAI, TB/plenum, headers, whatever you add to the car a Bama "canned" email tune would be fine, and you would feel some gains especially if your an auto as the shift points will be adjusted and firmed up. You can add things onto your car and have the tune updated by companies like Bama free for life of the car. If you end up modifying your car beyond basic bolt ons you will want to go with a local dyno tune or a remote tuner that is essentially the same thing, just a longer process.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #263
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have any opinions on the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires? Looking at these in a 285 40 18 or 35 sidewall. Found a site that has them very cheap. Keep in mind this car is for seasonal DD, no tracks, just the occasional mexico trip, and cruising around. The 285 should be wide enough for the 10 wide rear, it can fit up to an 11" wheel according to Goodyears specs. The tires are just a little over $100 each. Also found a similar deal on the BFG G Force KDWs in a 275 40 18, but I have yet to confirm if they run wider like the BFG Sport Comps 2s do?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #264
Registered Member
Regular

These are the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars in a 285 40 18 for $100 each I was referencing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1460329666385.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	199560  
Old 04-18-2016, 12:21 AM   #265
Registered Member
Regular

Think I have decided on the BFG G Force KDW tires in a 275 40 18, as they run wider like the Sport Comp 2s do as well. Then in front a 265 40 18 Sumi HTR. Be under $450 for a new set of 18" tires, I know they dont match which doesnt bother me (much). But want BFGs in the back since they run wider, like a 295 or even close to a 315 verse some manufacturers do and cant beat the price discontinued or not. If I cant get those then I will get the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercars in a 285 40 18, be a little taller I guess. So will have a 26.67" rear verse the stock 25.7", and a 26.3" front verse the 25.7" stock height. Will eat up a touch more wheel gap with the 1.5" drop springs and no isos. Just being way too cautious with my mod money so I can do more than I thought I could originally. May be able to get a tuner and a MPT tune this season with my savings plus selling the stock Bullits with really good tires on them.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #266
Registered Member
Regular

Possible IAC issue? After a WOT sprint Ill feel the rpms go up and down, a couple times it even stalled all the way when I came to a stop? Only does it after its given at least a 3/4 pedal pull or floored?

Old 04-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #267
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Possible IAC issue? After a WOT sprint Ill feel the rpms go up and down, a couple times it even stalled all the way when I came to a stop? Only does it after its given at least a 3/4 pedal pull or floored?

Mine has done this as well man.. Actually the past two or three times that I've actually gotten into it and floored it, I was in second gear and hit third gear and it immediately stalled out.. It's like it never fails, everytime I get on it like that it dies it seems😕

Hope someone chimes in too help out, my first thought was IAC as well but who knows?

torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:42 AM   #268
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Mine has done this as well man.. Actually the past two or three times that I've actually gotten into it and floored it, I was in second gear and hit third gear and it immediately stalled out.. It's like it never fails, everytime I get on it like that it dies it seems😕

Hope someone chimes in too help out, my first thought was IAC as well but who knows?

I know. Seems like there are always troubles with these cars with the IAC, MAF, EGR etc etc. It didnt do it when I bought it, but then it sat 3 months and now it does? Guy at my work had an issuse similar and it was his IAC. This 03 I have has a new IAC too, lol, I know many of them can be bad though from reading. Ill clean the MAF and see if that helps it at all. My suspicions are no. No CEL either.

Old 04-21-2016, 09:38 AM   #269
Registered Member
Regular

It seems problems like these and a rough idle and what not are so hard to track down..

Old 04-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #270
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It seems problems like these and a rough idle and what not are so hard to track down..

It does too. Sucks. I guess Ill be starting this go round.

I wonder if it could be a bad COP. It has the infamous Accel COPs already installed by the PO.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #271
Registered Member
Regular

So I replaced an already new IAC, a new TPS, and cleaned the MAF today and still has the same issue. Must be a vac leak? It still has the idle issue after you give it 60-100% throttle, then most of the time will stall out when you stop. Now when I put the ac on it fluctuates where it wasnt doing that before. What else could it be? COP?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #272
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Steve check your PMs.

Respect the Classics.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #273
Registered Member
Regular

Also did the idle relearn process, I dont know if this really works or not. Im starting to think a lot of the parts stores IAC valves are garbage. Ive read a ton online today about how they dont work a large percentage of the time. I may have to get an OEM one and try it, if it doesnt do it then return it. Im going to return the one I got today too and keep the new one the car came with as it ran better with that one anyway. I will probably return the TPS I bought too.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #274
Registered Member
Regular

I also looked for vac leaks, just visual inspection. When I have more time Ill check with soapy water or use oil. Still running the same way. Runs fine again until you give it more than half throttle, cruise for a few miles at highway speeds like over 60 mph, and if you turn on the ac it gets really erratic. Now I see why when people have idle issues with these cars its such a pain in the *** to get it fixed or diagnose it!!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:48 PM   #275
Registered Member
Regular

It's sucks brother I feel your pain lol

mine doesn't have all accel COP's ,but it does have one? Could be that or some sort of vacuum leak, mine started acting up once I got the new intake and spark plugs put in but I don't see how that could cause any of the problems were having..

My idle jumps around when I turn on the ac as well, it kinda stopped there for awhile once I unplugged the battery and let it relearn itself .. Still stalled out though when I got on it so idk.. I might try the iac from AM and see if that helps but I feel as if it's gonna be a lost cause....

Old 04-23-2016, 01:06 AM   #276
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's sucks brother I feel your pain lol

mine doesn't have all accel COP's ,but it does have one? Could be that or some sort of vacuum leak, mine started acting up once I got the new intake and spark plugs put in but I don't see how that could cause any of the problems were having..

My idle jumps around when I turn on the ac as well, it kinda stopped there for awhile once I unplugged the battery and let it relearn itself .. Still stalled out though when I got on it so idk.. I might try the iac from AM and see if that helps but I feel as if it's gonna be a lost cause....

Seems to be so many things that can go wrong with the damn idle on these cars now that Ive researched it so much the past few days. I knew all the obvious things to lool for and what they could cause already like IAC, EGR, MAF, TPS, vac leaks, etc etc. I thought one of them would be the issue. Must be a vac leak somewhere Im thinking. I will have to get the codes read and see if there is anything stored? No CEL but I know there still can be codes. Just so many things it could be now after I went after the usual suspects. Like vac issue, COP, PCV, thermostat, alternator (ill have that checked too when i get codes done) the list goes on and on..

Old 04-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #277
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Sounds like your idle issue is as big of a pain as me getting those damn control arms replaced. I fell your pain.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 AM   #278
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatspeed7x View Post
Sounds like your idle issue is as big of a pain as me getting those damn control arms replaced. I fell your pain.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Yeah for real, dude. Sucks having a nagging issue, at least yours looks like it will be fixed soonish. Idles on these things suck to get right, lol. The guy I bought it from must have had similar issues becuase he replaced the IAC, EGR, and looks like a newer TPS also. So I took off the new IAC I bought last week because it ran worse with that one, still ran fine until you put the ac or defrost mixed setting on, or gave it like 3/4 throttle or more. The IAC that it came with you can tell is pretty new, it may be like 4 yrs old but he only drove the car like 700 miles in 5 yrs, I think he thought he had it fixed because he probably didn't drive it enough or hard enough either. It idled fine and drove fine when I bought it but it was winter and icey outside so I didnt beat on it real hard just a little and it was fine. Anyway I took off and returned the IAC I bought and have the one it came with on it with the new TPS I bought. Its better now with the ac on, only idles up and down maybe 150-200 rpm, seems like it should now and doesnt do the idle hang then drop or stall as much after a 3/4 or more pull. It still does it enough to be an issue though.

So now Ive done the IAC, idle relearn process, TPS, then idle relearn process again, took off IAC and put old but newish one back on, idle relearn yet again, tracked down all the vac lines and inspected them, sprayed soapy water on them, no bubbles or issues I could tell. Also had cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner when I did the first IAC and TPS. My alternator checks as good with my battery charger that tests the alt, but I dont know how accurate it is? Havent had the codes read yet to see what is stored, I wanted to drive it enough to make sure any codes came back since I reset the computer if that even matters. Also the PCV checks out as good, havent replaced it yet but after taking it out and inspecting it, seems fine. Throttle spring etc seem fine from what I can tell?

Should I try a new EGR? Maybe get one new COP and switch it around to see if I have a bad one, they are the Accel COPs? The battery is brand new in January and also checks as good with my charger/tester. What else could there be? O2 sensors? I guess I need to get the codes read. Maybe I should just invest in a SCT tuner from MPT and get a tune also while Im at it? Didnt plan on getting one yet, but I will be, just was down the list a ways on my mod want to do list, and didnt know if I would be getting that this year or not really due to budget. But I want something to scan with and makes sense to just get what I will need in the future now instead of buying a OBD2 scanner and then getting a tuner later on. Anyway, any suggestions on what I should try next?

Also does the TPS need to set for these years? From what I can find that was the 5.0s that needed it to be set. Stupid idle issue!

Old 04-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #279
Registered Member
Regular

Can't set the tps its relearned every time you start the car the computer relearns the tps setting every time you start the car

UPR X Pipe, UPR CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach 1 grill delete, Chin Spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:37 AM   #280
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Can't set the tps its relearned every time you start the car the computer relearns the tps setting every time you start the car

UPR X Pipe, UPR CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach 1 grill delete, Chin Spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
Thats what I thought, is that it didnt have to be set like the other ones

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
2003 mustang