Kenne Bell 2.1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Kenne Bell 2.1

Kinda feeling like a retirement loan could be in order...saw the Kenne Bell 2.1 kit from them directly costs 4995.00 and they say has everything you need in it from the blower on down to the tune chip. Now I figured it could be a nice end of winter project next year before the spring meaning I would probably take it on myself with help here and there from friends. I would like to keep the stock internals for the time being and figured they would be fine as long as the boost is kept at a modest 6-8 lbs, and as long as they're tuned chip is kept conservative. Question being should I get the kit next winter or start looking for a terminator?

2002 Mustang GT, Trick Flow plenum, eibach lowering springs, BBK catted x-pipe, for now.......
Vinnie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie02 View Post
Kinda feeling like a retirement loan could be in order...saw the Kenne Bell 2.1 kit from them directly costs 4995.00 and they say has everything you need in it from the blower on down to the tune chip. Now I figured it could be a nice end of winter project next year before the spring meaning I would probably take it on myself with help here and there from friends. I would like to keep the stock internals for the time being and figured they would be fine as long as the boost is kept at a modest 6-8 lbs, and as long as they're tuned chip is kept conservative. Question being should I get the kit next winter or start looking for a terminator?

2002 Mustang GT, Trick Flow plenum, eibach lowering springs, BBK catted x-pipe, for now.......
What is your goal for the car? A terminator is a pretty badass ride and the nice part is its fairly easy to make more power with them while the GT will be limited to 450whp.

One thing I would highly recommend is getting a dyno/remote tune. Do not run the tune that comes with the kit. What sort of fuel system upgrades come with it?
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
What is your goal for the car? A terminator is a pretty badass ride and the nice part is its fairly easy to make more power with them while the GT will be limited to 450whp.

One thing I would highly recommend is getting a dyno/remote tune. Do not run the tune that comes with the kit. What sort of fuel system upgrades come with it?
I can't figure out how to get the parts list to show up...but you get the supercharger upper and lower unit, 165mm single blade TB, 36# injectors, their boost a pump, chip for the ecu, 6 or 9 lb pulley, I think the 6lb pulley doesn't come with a heat exchanger but if you get the 9 and above pulleys it is extra. I would like a the "build" to be some that makes me grin like a jackass and others say holy s***. Of course I want that whine....thinkin I will be shopping for a terminator.... I hate being up in the air lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can't figure out how to get the parts list to show up...but you get the supercharger upper and lower unit, 165mm single blade TB, 36# injectors, their boost a pump, chip for the ecu, 6 or 9 lb pulley, I think the 6lb pulley doesn't come with a heat exchanger but if you get the 9 and above pulleys it is extra. I would like a the "build" to be some that makes me grin like a jackass and others say holy s***. Of course I want that whine....thinkin I will be shopping for a terminator.... I hate being up in the air lol

Sounds like they have a fairly basic kit. If I were going with their kit I would get a legit larger fuel pump (instead of the boost-a-pump) and larger fuel injectors.

If staying with a mustang I think the better idea is to buy a terminator, but there's much better cars for the money too.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Saw this on my local craigslist...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1456356661168.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	197442   Click image for larger version

Name:	1456356678770.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	197443  

Old 02-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Now this one has my undivided attention

Old 02-24-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Man, tough boat to be in, if u go SC, ur internals are limited@450hp or so and will take a beating regardless in the long haul, and if u go termi, ur looking at close to $20k, and now ur into coyote $$, and everyone with a coyote grins like a jackass...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Saw this on my local craigslist...

I wonder why he's selling it. Looks nice.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Maybe he wants a coyote lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
Maybe he wants a coyote lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That's what I was thinking lol

Old 02-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Heres an idea: you buy the Kenne Bell kit this spring after taking a 401k loan. Use it for the next year (lightly, lol), and then take all your performance parts off of your car and sell me the kit for half the price. Sound like a deal? Huh? Huh?

JK. Youre in quite the pickle with that decision I would say. I love a Termi, but their sooo expensive and older now as well. I would opt for a nice low milage 2011-12 Coyote, which would be possibly less than the Termi price wise and much more comfortable. But again who doesnt want a Termi? If I were in the same boat I wouldny know what to do until I found a Termi and a Coyote I wanted to purchase, drive them both as much as they will let you, then see what you like most. The Coyote has more potential and more options/ creature comforts, handles better stock etc. But the Termi can make big power fairly easy and cheap, and to me have a better overall look when done right, which doesnt take much. I would more than likely go the Coyote route though because I feel like in the end you get more for your money.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:19 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Heres an idea: you buy the Kenne Bell kit this spring after taking a 401k loan. Use it for the next year (lightly, lol), and then take all your performance parts off of your car and sell me the kit for half the price. Sound like a deal? Huh? Huh?

JK. Youre in quite the pickle with that decision I would say. I love a Termi, but their sooo expensive and older now as well. I would opt for a nice low milage 2011-12 Coyote, which would be possibly less than the Termi price wise and much more comfortable. But again who doesnt want a Termi? If I were in the same boat I wouldny know what to do until I found a Termi and a Coyote I wanted to purchase, drive them both as much as they will let you, then see what you like most. The Coyote has more potential and more options/ creature comforts, handles better stock etc. But the Termi can make big power fairly easy and cheap, and to me have a better overall look when done right, which doesnt take much. I would more than likely go the Coyote route though because I feel like in the end you get more for your money.

Lol...big decision gonna see this fall which way to go. I have some parts to throw on the old girl in a couple of weeks so she should still be fun for the summer.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Lol...big decision gonna see this fall which way to go. I have some parts to throw on the old girl in a couple of weeks so she should still be fun for the summer.

New parts are always fun. I hope to have a few myself. Its like being a kid at xmas again when the UPS man brings them to your door.

Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

You'll spend less money go with the on3 twin kit! I bought it for my car and was leaning towards the Kenny bell myself and I can't tell you how happy I am that I went turbo!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
bwright1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright1973 View Post
You'll spend less money go with the on3 twin kit! I bought it for my car and was leaning towards the Kenny bell myself and I can't tell you how happy I am that I went turbo!!!!!!

Isn't there more in fabrication cost with the turbos...i.e. k member, and the like? I have thought of a turbo set up too...

Old 02-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I bought the on3 twins with k frame coil over 80lbs injectors mass air all piping and fuel pump shipped to the door for 4200.00 I paid 1000.00 for the install and tune (I was there helping) and I have full boost at 2350 rpms! 5 psi on a stock motor and stock automatic I have 355hp and 445tq and it drives 100% stock! The power of a turbo dosnt fall off on the big end like a roots blower! Iam beyond happy with this set up!

Old 02-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1456616452.031163.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	197553Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1456616469.280486.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	197554

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT