Check this out ! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:14 PM   #36
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
What drilling and tapping? You HAVE to do it when you PI swap a 96-98 car, they have 2 sensors and the 99-up combines them into 1. That is why that flat spot is on the crossover to begin with. For a 99+ its still a good idea to do it and then install an aftermarket water temp gauge. The stock one is unreliable at best. Although not as bad as the stock oil gauge which is literally an idiot gauge.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 04:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What drilling and tapping? You HAVE to do it when you PI swap a 96-98 car, they have 2 sensors and the 99-up combines them into 1. That is why that flat spot is on the crossover to begin with. For a 99+ its still a good idea to do it and then install an aftermarket water temp gauge. The stock one is unreliable at best. Although not as bad as the stock oil gauge which is literally an idiot gauge.

Ok yeah mines a 2002 but I will look into that and see how it's done . How much is the new sensor and how is the wiring done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Get a speedhut or autometer water temp gauge. Prices vary, the google is your friend, she knows much. Gauge goes in a pod you put on your pillar or in the cluster bezel or whatever. The wire (or mercury line for mechanical) runs from the sensor through the firewall grommet to the gauge. For wiring I generally bug into the radio harness. Power/dimmer/lighting is all right there that way. The sensor just screws into the hole you drill/tap.

For the crossover I pull it when the intake is brand new so no gasket issues. 3 bolts under each end. Put it on a drill press and go slow working with small bits up to 9/16. Then hit it with a 1/2 NPT (I THINK, can't remember for sure) and then clean the hell out of it when done so there are no shavings in your cooling system.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Get a speedhut or autometer water temp gauge. Prices vary, the google is your friend, she knows much. Gauge goes in a pod you put on your pillar or in the cluster bezel or whatever. The wire (or mercury line for mechanical) runs from the sensor through the firewall grommet to the gauge. For wiring I generally bug into the radio harness. Power/dimmer/lighting is all right there that way. The sensor just screws into the hole you drill/tap.

For the crossover I pull it when the intake is brand new so no gasket issues. 3 bolts under each end. Put it on a drill press and go slow working with small bits up to 9/16. Then hit it with a 1/2 NPT (I THINK, can't remember for sure) and then clean the hell out of it when done so there are no shavings in your cooling system.

Okay scotty I ended up not going that rout but thanks for the info anyways you really do help a lot ! But I got everything back on and two of my injectors keep leaking I took Everything back off out it back together and still leaking ? Do you think I should just get new o rings and put them on all injectors ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Yes new orings for the leaking injectors

UPR X Pipe, UPR CAI, Ford Racing C Springs, Mach 1 grill delete, Chin Spoiler, Magnaflow exhaust, SCT 4 Bama Tuned
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT