Sct x4 tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sct x4 tuner

I just got me a tuner and married it to my vehicle but one I hooked everything up it reading my car is a gt500 and that's the tune it gives me (93 octane) is this normal. I thought it's suppose to read my ecu. I have a 03 GT

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump View Post
I just got me a tuner and married it to my vehicle but one I hooked everything up it reading my car is a gt500 and that's the tune it gives me (93 octane) is this normal. I thought it's suppose to read my ecu. I have a 03 GT

It should read your vin off your ECU. When I installed my x4 it had a choice between Mach1 and regular 4.6 gt. Might have to call sct and ask them

04 GT
Bgrimes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I bought a used turner also unmarried and it was still reading tunes from the guys 2013 gt when I pluged in so what I did was update the turner on bama performance.com and resetted the tuner back to stock and when I plugged it in again i was able to change some of the small modifications to my 4.6 without a tune.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
I bought a used turner also unmarried and it was still reading tunes from the guys 2013 gt when I pluged in so what I did was update the turner on bama performance.com and resetted the tuner back to stock and when I plugged it in again i was able to change some of the small modifications to my 4.6 without a tune.

Do you have to have a membership with Bama to do what you did? I have sct drivers installed am I able to reset it back to stock with sctflash website?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrimes1 View Post
It should read your vin off your ECU. When I installed my x4 it had a choice between Mach1 and regular 4.6 gt. Might have to call sct and ask them

04 GT

Yeah I will call them tomorrow

Old 04-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump View Post
Do you have to have a membership with Bama to do what you did? I have sct drivers installed am I able to reset it back to stock with sctflash website?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Yeah I will call them tomorrow

I haven t gotten a tune from bama yet, i just wanted to change my gear ratio since I installed new gears for the speedometer and turn traction control off for. Once you plug in into the computer you should be able to reset your tuner back to stock in the settings option and updating the turner took a while.

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Sct x4 tuner

I got it all figured out and fixed. Called sct and he said when I updated it threw it in demo mode and told me to just turn demo mode off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT