How to tell if it's stock or not - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
I have the vids lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
Now you have to post the videos.

I have watched a few 2v Mustangs run some nice times. It's not impossible to make power with the 4.6 2v. An engine is an air pump. The 2v does restrict the air flow a bit, but with a little work and knowledge the power is available.

It also requires a bit of money invested into heads, cams, intake plenum, throttle body, timing, headers and exhaust. Don't forget injectors and a larger fuel pump.

Power is there to be had. There are cheaper ways to make naturally aspirated power, but you can do it with a 2v.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Now you have to post the videos.

I have watched a few 2v Mustangs run some nice times. It's not impossible to make power with the 4.6 2v. An engine is an air pump. The 2v does restrict the air flow a bit, but with a little work and knowledge the power is available.

It also requires a bit of money invested into heads, cams, intake plenum, throttle body, timing, headers and exhaust. Don't forget injectors and a larger fuel pump.

Power is there to be had. There are cheaper ways to make naturally aspirated power, but you can do it with a 2v.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

No, I'm not gunna lie. 2vs are ****. But with a throttle body and exhaust I've pulled on all stock 3vs I've ran.

And I can't post the vids. I've gotten warnings for that


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Bone stock. Everything under that good is OEM or OEM spec from what I can see.

I have an 02 GT and the cars are identical under the hood.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
An 02 should have pink injectors. So should an 04. Someone changed those injectors at some point.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2016, 05:59 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
An 02 should have pink injectors. So should an 04. Someone changed those injectors at some point.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I just learned something new.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
An 02 should have pink injectors. So should an 04. Someone changed those injectors at some point.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Noticed that as well...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Noticed that as well...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ok, my car has yellow injectors also. What are the yellow injectors? It looks like I am pulling a fuel rail tonight to investigate.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
http://www.jegs.com/i/DFI/310/150819...FdFZhgode4sAFw

Mine look like these now that I am digging.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:48 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
Yellow are 19 pounders and the pink ones are 21 pounds


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
That's why it doesn't make since as to why they switched out the pink ones for the yellow ones?? Unless there's something I'm missing lol ?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Yellow are 19 pounders and the pink ones are 21 pounds


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
...and now we know.

I do believe the yellow is a factory injector. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #46
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Yellow/orange should be 19s. Ford went to pink 21s in 2002. No idea, maybe you guys got leftover stock. Either will work fine with the factory tune, 21s actually run rich because Ford never updated the tune.

Previous owner could have had a bad injectors at some point and shop said "just replace them all to be safe" and there you go. I dunno. But if I saw an 04 with 19s that would raise a red flag for me. Which is why you shouldn't tell someone its a bone stock engine if you don't spot **** like that... now I sound like an ***.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
fenixignition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, fl
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,050
Yellow is 19#. Pink is 21#. Both stock depending on year. 2002 introduced pink but the ecu doesn't compensate for it so you run them at a high rate just idling, making the 2002 slightly more of a gas hog at idle. A tune can help this. It is my understanding that you can put yellows on a stock 2002+ and it would be just fine. I wouldn't run some yellow, some pink tho.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2002 GT 5sp. 16x,xxx miles
Steeda Exhaust, C&L plenum, BBK Throttle Body, Steeda Underdrive, Steeda short throw, unknown stage clutch. Rear main leak. Compressor seal leak. Steeda lower control arms. good tires.
fenixignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #48
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Eh, 24s are free if you know where to look. I have a free set of EV6 purple 24s in one of the pullouts I just got. I would not use EV1s in anything ever so actually no orange or pink for me. Just sold the green 42 EV1s that came with my car. EV6 is much better.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yellow/orange should be 19s. Ford went to pink 21s in 2002. No idea, maybe you guys got leftover stock. Either will work fine with the factory tune, 21s actually run rich because Ford never updated the tune.

Previous owner could have had a bad injectors at some point and shop said "just replace them all to be safe" and there you go. I dunno. But if I saw an 04 with 19s that would raise a red flag for me. Which is why you shouldn't tell someone its a bone stock engine if you don't spot **** like that... now I sound like an ***.
No, you corrected wrong information. I was wrong and had no idea. I was wrong. It happens sometimes.

I will call you out and show you a mistake one day Scotty. It may not be about a Mustang, but...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Eh, 24s are free if you know where to look. I have a free set of EV6 purple 24s in one of the pullouts I just got. I would not use EV1s in anything ever so actually no orange or pink for me. Just sold the green 42 EV1s that came with my car. EV6 is much better.
Hey, I want some free 24s

I wonder if the stock MAF with an SCT tune would push a little more power? With my luck it would likely run the car extremely rich and clog the cats.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:18 PM   #51
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Hey, I want some free 24s

I wonder if the stock MAF with an SCT tune would push a little more power? With my luck it would likely run the car extremely rich and clog the cats.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Not on a bolt on car. If you are already getting enough fuel, bigger injectors will do nothing except give you a little more breathing room later if you went cams or something... The stock MAF is fine for power levels well over what the stock rods will take.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:20 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not on a bolt on car. If you are already getting enough fuel, bigger injectors will do nothing except give you a little more breathing room later if you went cams or something... The stock MAF is fine for power levels well over what the stock rods will take.
I will eventually port and polish the heads and add a slightly larger cam.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Then I would upgrade then. But if you are leaving the stock bottom end in the car... just supercharge it. 100+ more HP that way for the same money or less.

After that... 4V swap it.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
It's a convertible to cruise and play in. In another 10 years I may want to put it on an SCCA course. Who knows?

At the moment, the intention for the car was a drop top cruiser for the beach, mountains, and local strip. That changed and it is my daily driver until my truck has a new power plant.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Not on a bolt on car. If you are already getting enough fuel, bigger injectors will do nothing except give you a little more breathing room later if you went cams or something... The stock MAF is fine for power levels well over what the stock rods will take.

How much can the stock rods hold?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
How much can the stock rods hold?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
You have an exhaust video of your mac offroad h with the 44s to see how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
PARTSFROMERIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PEMBROKE PINES
Region: Florida
Posts: 276
Why do some people run pink and yellows? lol I've seen people run one side pink and the other yellow??
PARTSFROMERIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTSFROMERIK View Post
Why do some people run pink and yellows? lol I've seen people run one side pink and the other yellow??
I would assume they had to replace the part and accepted what they were given because they did not know there is a difference. It could be a different manufacturer (just a guess).

Injectors in my book are like headlights; do not replace one without the other. If you have a bad injector, replace them all if your budget allows.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
PARTSFROMERIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: PEMBROKE PINES
Region: Florida
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I would assume they had to replace the part and accepted what they were given because they did not know there is a difference. It could be a different manufacturer (just a guess).

Injectors in my book are like headlights; do not replace one without the other. If you have a bad injector, replace them all if your budget allows.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That's what I thought..
PARTSFROMERIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:21 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
You have an exhaust video of your mac offroad h with the 44s to see how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea ill post the link


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:25 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
You have an exhaust video of your mac offroad h with the 44s to see how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

https://youtu.be/lHJybmpGQI4


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #62
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
How much can the stock rods hold?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
Wouldn't go much over 400-425 to the wheels. Some get more, a bad tune will blow up a motor near stock levels tho. You will always be RPM limited with the stock rods as well to under 6k. This means even with a supercharger or nitrous making 425hp a 425hp Coyote with a 7500rpm redline will pull your doors off. Why I am doing the lower end on mine while its out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
You have an exhaust video of your mac offroad h with the 44s to see how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Youtube is your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTSFROMERIK View Post
Why do some people run pink and yellows? lol I've seen people run one side pink and the other yellow??
Dumbass techs and shadetree backyard guys who don't know wth they are doing.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecas447 View Post
https://youtu.be/lHJybmpGQI4


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
Sounds cool, I think you made a few alarms go off.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
alecas447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
Sounds cool, I think you made a few alarms go off.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yea everyday


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mac o/r H pipe. Flow master super 44s. Accufab 70mm throttle body. Pro comp intake manifold. MSD coils
alecas447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tell me this new mustang commercial is NOT REAL! twk General Mustang Discussion 7 05-05-2014 02:55 AM
How can I tell if my engine is a 1983 302 HO or not? cristobal 1979-1995 Mustang GT 5 12-19-2011 05:43 AM
how can i tell if i have PI heads or not? redbird2289 1996-2004 Mustang GT 4 08-26-2009 09:56 PM
1976 ford mustang will not start, not headlights come on, it is not the battery, why? eifion Classic Mustangs 6 08-24-2009 04:12 AM
Stock V6 please tell me the best way to go to start bit_cloud Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 25 04-28-2004 06:59 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:37 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.