Need more info - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Need more info

As of yesterday I made up my mind as to what my future plans are for my 02. Just yesterday, I purchased an eaton supercharger from an 03 Cobra with roughly 37k miles put into it. At these many miles, would i need to rebuild it?

I plan on purchasing the Tork Tech Terminator Kit. I have done a little research on these kits and seem to be pretty good up to what i have read up on. Plus, i would love to have that supercharger whine coming from my car ❤️. The guy that i purchased the blower from, he actually gave me the Cobra pulleys and some 39lbs Ford Racing fuel injectors. As far as the injectors go, will i be able to use them for my car? If not, what is the "street value" on these injectors? Which would you recommend?

I would also like to know, what is the most inexpensive route to safely exceed what the stock engine can handle, as well as the transmission. I recently rebuilt my transmission and has no more than 2k miles since i got it rebuilt last February (15'). As far as a fuel pump, what would work for my car?

I have no specific goals for my car. I don't race, nor have i ever. But eventually, i would love to track it, at least once lol. I just want to have that power and floor it when i am in an open road and hear the blower whine as I'm coming down the road.

Current mods on my car are CAI, 4.10 gears, rear end rebuilt, pro comp intake, tb/plenum, UPR o/r X with SLP LM1, shift kit, and lowered 1.5 all around.

I know to some that this kit might not be worth it, but i am going to do it anyways.

All info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BeastyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462558420.624696.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	200664Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462558438.341761.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	200665

These are the injectors the guy gave me.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Those injectors should see you to at least 400whp if not a little more, they're the injectors that came factory on the terminators. These motors can handle 450whp with a good tune and your transmission should be good for more than that. As for the fuel pump I believe an SVT Focus pump will be enough for what you need.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Those injectors should see you to at least 400whp if not a little more, they're the injectors that came factory on the terminators. These motors can handle 450whp with a good tune and your transmission should be good for more than that. As for the fuel pump I believe an SVT Focus pump will be enough for what you need.

In terms of the motor, i do plan on getting a rebuilt for preventative reasons. Now, if i get the motor rebuilt to factory specs, would the motor handle the 450 all day? Or should i just spend the extra money and go forged?

What other pieces would you recommend me to purchase? As far as my 4.10 gears, would they be okay with a FI application?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

As long as your tune is safe and you don't beat the piss out of it all the time it will hold at 450. Personally I would forge the motor if I were gonna rebuild it anyways, but that's me. Your injectors probably won't hold 450 (I don't know for sure) and your MAF might not be able to support it either. Mine is pegged and I'm pushing 11lbs. You'll need small stuff like spark plugs, oil, coolant, and a tuner. As far as the 4.10s go,, I think they're gonna be a bit much, but the beauty of something like that is that you can drive it with them first and then decide if you want to change them later on.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

When you mean oil, spark plugs, etc.. Is there a "special" kind that i need to purchase? I recently did all of that.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Get some NGK TR-6 spark plugs gapped between 028-.032. They are one heat range colder and the tighter gap will prevent the spark from being blown out. If your engine oil and coolant are fresh then disregard that part.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT