Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Next problem

2K views 52 replies 6 participants last post by  smsstang 
#1 ·
So I figured out the lagging problem I previously had in cylinder 4 there was misfire so I pulled the boot and there was liquid all the way over the spark plug so I guess it couldn't be firing when it's like that . Couldn't tell if it was water or old coolent from the intake manifold I just replaced or gas ? So I replaced the plug and no more lag running strong again !! But now when the car is started it has rough idle almost bogging out but when I rev it up a couple times it goes away and is idling right above 1k rpm when it use to idle about 900 ? What could cause this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#15 ·
Theres a spring that goes in the boot and the boot connects to cop

Sent from my LG-H811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

But if your gonna do i would just do them all this is also known as rebuilding your cops

#16 ·

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

But if your gonna do i would just do them all this is also known as rebuilding your cops

Can this be done but getting the parts at local parts store or will it have to be ordered?

#20 ·
Yeah see I couldn't tell if it's gas or water after all this rain a moisture we had I can't tell I'm gonna buy new hosing and some new orings just in case it's leaking . After all this is done probly gonna clean the engine what do you clean yours with

#24 ·
Ok well started ripping everything down to get to the coup pack and notice that a bac line on top of throttle body it's the hard plastic small but found out that was almost cut in half so I replace that and the car seems to be idling back around 900rpms but I just went to test drive it and it's running strong but in 2nd and 3rd gear when I'm getting on it you can feel it surge just for a second then give good power ? Mabey it's that coil that's probly messed up ? Idk

#37 ·
Whats it at in gear

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2

#40 ·
If you have an automatic transmission, the idle will be a bit lower when it is in gear than it is in neutral/park.

Did you do the idle relearn procedure after the work was completed?

No after I hooked every back together I started and let it run for a bit . How do you re learn it ??

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

If you have an automatic transmission, the idle will be a bit lower when it is in gear than it is in neutral/park.

Did you do the idle relearn procedure after the work was completed?

Have a manual transmission by the way !

#45 ·
Yeah just got caught up with helping you i completely forgot to ask lol

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2

#50 ·
I did the idle relearn with mine when I was dealing with the IAC issues, the relearn actually helped it when the IAC still wasnt right which was good, still had an issue. When I got the motorcraft IAC and put it on I didnt even unhook the cable, was too eager to try it and forgot, fired it up and it idled perfect immediately with no relearn. Not sure why or how, but I do know it is beneficial most times

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.