Your new edge - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:51 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugeismo View Post
This thread makes me drool...wish I still had my '02.
Another Michigander! We should really try to organize a MEVO meet up at some point this summer! See if we can get a bunch of us on here to meet up down on Woodward one weekend evening or somehwere else thats convenient to everyone. It would be fun to meet up, check out each others cars, then cruise!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 01:17 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Still one of my favorite New Edges of all time! Just an awesome example of a Bullit!

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Nice Mineral Grey GT. Just a great color on these cars.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno View Post
Try again

xxr staggered 17's, ford racing c springs, tokico blue struts, koni orange shocks, shorty billit antenna, billit gas cap, UPR CAI, UPR O/R Xpipe, Magna flow exhaust, Mach1 grill delete w/ chin spoiler, honeycomb blackout, Bama tuned 93 OCT. V2
Still loving your wheel choice. The black wheels with the blue makes it look "sinister" to me.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip433 View Post
Attachment 202000

This is my lil pony with the saleens.

Switched them to saleen SC rims with some 315s in the back.
Attachment 202001
Nice car, man. Chrome wheels on black, you never can go wrong really. Just classic!

Old 06-05-2016, 01:18 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkh1994 View Post
Real Steeda or not, its a great example of a nicely done New Edge!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016, 01:20 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Mine.
I love both of your cars (and the Corvette too). You have great tastes with your mods and you know what will look good. Im sooo glad you came back to a Mustang though Im sure the Vette was very fun.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I love both of your cars (and the Corvette too). You have great tastes with your mods and you know what will look good. Im sooo glad you came back to a Mustang though Im sure the Vette was very fun.

Thanks! If I'm being honest I'm just not afraid of trying something a little different from the norm. As far as appearance goes. I do miss that Vette though, I will be getting another one at some point. My buddy finally let me drive his C7 and it reminded me how fun they are.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:27 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Mine.
What's wheels are those? I'm need them!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Cam416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:10 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My recently acquired 2003 GT

[URL=http://s951.photobucket.com/user/jkeaton224/media/Mustang%20GT/69C66921-D70F-4E59-8034-E67774C7F1CA_zpsdihw3nex.jpg.html][IMG]

At a car show yesterday with my daughters 07 and her boyfriends 69 Mach 1

Old 06-05-2016, 07:09 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Stock wheels look good done the way they are. Something diff anyway. It will look sweet once you get your springs done, it will take on a whole new look. Then you can retire and sell the stock wheels cause you will somehow find the need, funds, motivation, excuse, whatever to buy new staggered wheels to complete the look! At least thats me anyway. Im glad I lucked out with the wheels I got for a great deal, because I was planning on doing the springs first then wheels. I KNOW I would have made a rash decision and bought new wheels/tires before I was ready too!!

You have to post pics when done. I hope you like your springs as much as I like mine so far. Also did you decide on isos or no isos?

I m think I m gonna stick with the isolators, I was reading on google that if you go pass 1.5" you would somtimes need castor camber plates and also a bumper steer kit to get the car properply aligned and they seem to be still in good condition the way its looking.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post

[URL=http://s951.photobucket.com/user/jkeaton224/media/Mustang%20GT/69C66921-D70F-4E59-8034-E67774C7F1CA_zpsdihw3nex.jpg.html][IMG]

I wish I could have located a yellow New Edge while was shopping. You have a beautiful car.

Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats brave driving it all year long. I had to drive my 96 GT for about 2.5 mths of winter one year due to crashing my 99 Taurus beater (slid on ice and rearended some dude who slammed on his brakes at least 300 ft in front of me, was like a skating rink that day, he was turning onto his own street, said he wasnt paying attention and it was his fault to the police but we all know if you rearend someone its your fault) needless to say I couldnt drive the Taurus anymore, too much damage. It was early Feb and thought I could make it through the rest of winter without any big storms, I was wrong! Had at least 4 snow falls of 4" or more and each time I was at work so I had no choice. Had summer tires on it too, that fall before got new wheels and summer performance tires, it was awful. But I did drive a Z28 through 3 winters and always made it, had good snow tires in the back for winter and skinnier fronts. It was fun at times but always stressful to me! Lol. But I commend you on your dedication to driving it yr round! Good job sir!

Do you run snow tires in the winter? I assume or a real good all season tire? I was contemplating a few years ago on getting a 2011 (Coyote of some yr), and it would have to be my primary car for at least 1 or 2 winters until I could buy a $7-$8k good DD for those months, but I chickened out and got a car that ended up not being a whole ton better in the end. Need a time machine!

Well I have to drive it year round mostly because we can only have two cars right now!.. We are renting a house and have no room for a 3rd vehicle!.. 😏 As far as tires, I run Toyo Proxies on all fours!.. So ya, not exactly a winter friendly tire!.. Lol. But surprisingly does really good in the snow!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..🍻
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also where in Mi are you located? I hope I havent asked this before. I drove down Woodward Friday night and it was packed already with every car you can think of, Lamborghini, Ferarri, Subaru, Corvettes, tons of classics of all types, rat rods, and of course a metric *** TON of Mustangs of all vintages! Fri/ Sat evenings and nights down there are awesome this time of the year, better than the couple weeks before the cruise even because its not as congested and more laid back. Actually saw some cars take quick trips to Mexico between lights. Police do end up shutting it down around 10p and try to make people leave but they dont have the numbers like they do the weeks of the actual cruise. Anyway let me know if you head down Id love to see your Mustang in person.

I'm in Lansing!.. Don't usually make it around D Town too much!.. Have been to the Dream Cruise a few times, and almost always make it to the Detroit Auto Show each year!.. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465136359.947470.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	202051
My Little Buddy got a special invite from some Top Ford guy, to get his picture taken next to this "clunker"!.. Lol.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:30 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
Well I have to drive it year round mostly because we can only have two cars right now!.. We are renting a house and have no room for a 3rd vehicle!.. 😏 As far as tires, I run Toyo Proxies on all fours!.. So ya, not exactly a winter friendly tire!.. Lol. But surprisingly does really good in the snow!..

What is this winter you guys are speaking of? This past December when the family gathered for Christmas we had the A/C running.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465137211.605440.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	202052
Um... It's that thing that's causes that white stuff to fall!.. Well, I guess it's just a Michigan thing!.. Hahahaha. 😜

Old 06-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What is this winter you guys are speaking of? This past December when the family gathered for Christmas we had the A/C running.

I wish this was the case!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote:
I'm in Lansing!.. Don't usually make it around D Town too much!.. Have been to the Dream Cruise a few times, and almost always make it to the Detroit Auto Show each year!.. Attachment 202051
My Little Buddy got a special invite from some Top Ford guy, to get his picture taken next to this "clunker"!.. Lol.

Thats awesome!!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 202052
Um... It's that thing that's causes that white stuff to fall!.. Well, I guess it's just a Michigan thing!.. Hahahaha. 😜

We have pollen season is GA. Snow is rare. When snow is predicted, or even imagined, bread, milk, and eggs disappear from the grocery store shelves. IF the fluffy white precipitation falls "normally 1/4", and sometimes 2" of snow accumulates. Within a day the fun is gone.

I don't know if it is a lack of road prep, or bad drivers, but when things dry up the ditches are normally decorated with an assortment of cars.

During the last good ice storm we had I drove around in my Jeep and the Ram to help drag people back onto the asphalt.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I had Toyo Proxes Plus 4s on my last DD and they were really good in the snow. Replaced the still at least 70% tread Hankook Optimos that it came with from the factory cause they were awful in the winter.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeaton View Post

Nice, looks really clean!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I had Toyo Proxes Plus 4s on my last DD and they were really good in the snow. Replaced the still at least 70% tread Hankook Optimos that it came with from the factory cause they were awful in the winter.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Nice, looks really clean!

I have always run Toyo tires on my truck. It is time for tires on the Mustang, and I am leaning towards Toyos for that. My car is driven gently. It has not seen a track since my ownership. No prolonged aggressive driving either. I baby my old Mustang.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:51 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam416 View Post
What's wheels are those? I'm need them!

18X9 2013 GT500 replicas in dark charcoal. I got them from AM but they have since discontinued these wheels and only sell a deep dish setup now
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465172748.344668.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	202075Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465172777.808810.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	202076 My 03 True Blue
TruBluStang03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

My 2003 GT

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1465174137756.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	202077   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465174171614.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	202078  

Name:	1465174190197.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	202079  
Old 06-05-2016, 11:07 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
We have pollen season is GA. Snow is rare. When snow is predicted, or even imagined, bread, milk, and eggs disappear from the grocery store shelves. IF the fluffy white precipitation falls "normally 1/4", and sometimes 2" of snow accumulates. Within a day the fun is gone.

I don't know if it is a lack of road prep, or bad drivers, but when things dry up the ditches are normally decorated with an assortment of cars.

During the last good ice storm we had I drove around in my Jeep and the Ram to help drag people back onto the asphalt.

I took one of the bikes out during that. Didn't have to deal with any traffic. Though falling chunks of ice will cause your sphincter to tighten!

"Insert clever phase here"
Old 06-05-2016, 11:13 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam416 View Post
My 2003 GT

Looks good. Is that before or after the spring swap?

Old 06-06-2016, 01:10 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post
I took one of the bikes out during that. Didn't have to deal with any traffic. Though falling chunks of ice will cause your sphincter to tighten!

"Insert clever phase here"
The suction helps you hold on better.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:20 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks good. Is that before or after the spring swap?

Top picture is my car with HnR's and bottom picture is the car with Eibach Pro Kit. What's a difference, it's a somewhat stock ride but a huge boost in handling.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1465208413543.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	202089   Click image for larger version

Name:	1465208428195.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	202090  

Old 06-06-2016, 05:17 AM   #60

Region: Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

01 with 170 k daily driver

bobb2424rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobb2424rb View Post

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

01 with 170 k daily driver

Good looking car. It looks flawless.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #62

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Good looking car. It looks flawless.

Thanks it was all stock until I got it now it's my Elenore 12.90 sec daily I love it

bobb2424rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Haven't been on the forum in a while..

04 Mach 1, mods in sig:

And of course the b*tch, my 03 sixer:

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 305 NT555R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post

04 Mach 1, mods in sig:

Very sexy

Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post

04 Mach 1, mods in sig:

Aww man, there she is! Awesome pics as always!

Old 06-07-2016, 12:26 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465280674.953063.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	202129

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465280708.363384.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	202130Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465280749.417986.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	202131

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Brandonj02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1465285683.479621.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	202132

Brandonj02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:26 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonj02 View Post
Attachment 202129
Attachment 202130Attachment 202131

I may be a bit biased, but the grey New Edges might possibly be the best looking of the 99-2004 corral.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonj02 View Post
Attachment 202129
Attachment 202130Attachment 202131

Brandon, what a beauty! What rims are those on the last two photos? What profile are you running on front and back?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
new edge