Your new edge - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Little late to the party but here's mine

03 torch red gt
Attachment 202349Attachment 202350Attachment 202351Attachment 202352Attachment 202353Attachment 202354Attachment 202356Attachment 202357


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I really like the rear deck combined with those lights. Are those the LED Raxioms?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I really like the rear deck combined with those lights. Are those the LED Raxioms?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Nevermind, once I expanded the photo I could see that the lights were masked and tinted. Nice job.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
torchdNblazen03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oneida
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I really like the rear deck combined with those lights. Are those the LED Raxioms?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It's actually just a vinyl cover from AM cost around twenty or thirty dollars at the time I got them, although I would love to have the actual lights these will do for now..


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
torchdNblazen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by torchdNblazen03 View Post
Little late to the party but here's mine

03 torch red gt
Attachment 202349Attachment 202350Attachment 202351Attachment 202352Attachment 202353Attachment 202354Attachment 202356Attachment 202357


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Very nice, and super clean! Love it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #110
Registered User
Newbie
 
Artvandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Columbus
Region: Ohio
Posts: 4
My '04 black GT

Just put a Vortech and the 18's on it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DK.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	202571   Click image for larger version

Name:	DK2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	202572  

Artvandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artvandelay View Post
Just put a Vortech and the 18's on it
Nice! Are those the MMDs?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #112
Registered User
Newbie
 
Artvandelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Columbus
Region: Ohio
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
Nice! Are those the MMDs?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks and no, they are Rovos with staggered Nittos 265/35/18 fronts and 285/35/18 rears.
Artvandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #113
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
2004 Mach 1 - Lorraine






Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 466
She is gorageous! 😃^

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodemach1 View Post
2004 Mach 1 - Lorraine






Instagram - @ab_mach1
Ohhhh, there she is, the undoubtedly beautiful Lorraine! Gorgeous as always!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:09 AM   #116
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
She is gorageous! ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Ohhhh, there she is, the undoubtedly beautiful Lorraine! Gorgeous as always!

Thanks!



Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
phatspeed7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pengilly
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 547


2004 Mustang GT. Intake, exhaust, cams, gears, wheels, etc...

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
__________________
~2004 GT with Bolt ons~
phatspeed7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:47 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 466
.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466272026602.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	202626  
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Looking good buddy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Westcoast408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: South Bay
Region: California
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
Looking good buddy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Thanks Steve I m wait a while till I find a good deal on some black wheels before I change them.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:57 AM   #121
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Lubbock
Region: Texas
Posts: 3
03 mustang zinc yellow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1466322932267.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	202642   Click image for larger version

Name:	1466322962240.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	202643  

2v4dawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:43 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Lauderhill
Region: Florida
Posts: 109
Hey Westcoast408 checkout Wheelindex on ebay!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Torino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:57 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
Torino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Lauderhill
Region: Florida
Posts: 109
My Girl Trudy...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trudy 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	202909  
Torino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:56 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
mach5894's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 44
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1467129299.386918.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	202915Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1467129334.438134.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	202916
I know we don't have but, and it might get taken down but, here's my stang 😊


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mach5894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #125
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach5894 View Post
Attachment 202915Attachment 202916
I know we don't have but, and it might get taken down but, here's my stang


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution


Looks good tho.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Dang, I'm late to this party

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467390554125.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	203026  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Dang, I'm late to this party

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
That is LOWWWWW.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
That is LOWWWWW.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Not as bad as with the X-2's, they had me scraping on everything! Had to remove them to clear even the smallestspeedbumps, all good now.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #129
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Not as bad as with the X-2's, they had me scraping on everything! Had to remove them to clear even the smallestspeedbumps, all good now.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app


Should just put some ISO's in rather than changing the ball joints. Seems like that would be easier anyways.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodemach1 View Post
Should just put some ISO's in rather than changing the ball joints. Seems like that would be easier anyways.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
I put brand new isos in with the springs LOL ...one of the X-2s actually failed and fell out. I replaced the LCA's after that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:31 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
I put brand new isos in with the springs LOL ...one of the X-2s actually failed and fell out. I replaced the LCA's after that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Steeda was kind enough to say they would SELL me one balljoint and I could send the defective one back for them to LOOK at. Ummmmm, no

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #132
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
I put brand new isos in with the springs LOL ...one of the X-2s actually failed and fell out. I replaced the LCA's after that

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app


Are your springs cut? Seems like those aftermarket ones always seem to be taller than the stock ones. I'm going to get X2's for mine and I think I'll be about right where I want to be. My exhaust gets on speed bumps and some gas stations lol, but I can avoid that pretty much. Yours looks lower than mine by an inch lol.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodemach1 View Post
Are your springs cut? Seems like those aftermarket ones always seem to be taller than the stock ones. I'm going to get X2's for mine and I think I'll be about right where I want to be. My exhaust gets on speed bumps and some gas stations lol, but I can avoid that pretty much. Yours looks lower than mine by an inch lol.


Instagram - @ab_mach1
No, they're just Steeda sports, I think that pic was deceiving, I'm really not that low...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467408346525.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	203046  
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
No, they're just Steeda sports, I think that pic was deceiving, I'm really not that low...

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Are those stock 17×8 wheels?

What kind and size tire are you running?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:17 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
fomoco4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Antioch
Region: California
Posts: 835
Aftermarket 17x9's ---- 245/45 in front 275/40 in back with 1" spacers

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:24 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco4life View Post
Aftermarket 17x9's ---- 245/45 in front 275/40 in back with 1" spacers

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I thought the tires looked a little wider. They look good.

When I put a new set of tires on my New Edge I would like to stagger the tire sizes. My research shows that the factory 17×9 wheels don't like anything wider than a 255. That is not enough of a difference to sacrifice the ability to rotate tires in my opinion.

If I could go with a 275 and keep the same tire height/circumference that would be just enough in my opinion to show more tire and give the appearance of more rubber on the road.

A different set of wheels is not in the cards at the moment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
I thought the tires looked a little wider. They look good.

When I put a new set of tires on my New Edge I would like to stagger the tire sizes. My research shows that the factory 17×9 wheels don't like anything wider than a 255. That is not enough of a difference to sacrifice the ability to rotate tires in my opinion.

If I could go with a 275 and keep the same tire height/circumference that would be just enough in my opinion to show more tire and give the appearance of more rubber on the road.

A different set of wheels is not in the cards at the moment.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I think the factory are 17x8 but I could be wrong on all the GT years. I know Steeda Mustangs came with 9.5" wheels and cobras some 9"s I beleive. But you would probably want a 9" wide wheel for the 275s. If you want a good cheap set of Bullits go to OEwheels.com and they some great pricing. I have them on my 96 staggered 17x9 and 17x10. Or you can buy mine! I want a set of satin gunmetal Rovos for my 96 GT in a staggered 18" set up. Its a lot of money tho to change out wheels I already like too. But I may try selling mine off the 96 and put it towards the Rovos or a set of matte black MMD wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I think the factory are 17x8 but I could be wrong on all the GT years. I know Steeda Mustangs came with 9.5" wheels and cobras some 9"s I beleive. But you would probably want a 9" wide wheel for the 275s. If you want a good cheap set of Bullits go to OEwheels.com and they some great pricing. I have them on my 96 staggered 17x9 and 17x10. Or you can buy mine! I want a set of satin gunmetal Rovos for my 96 GT in a staggered 18" set up. Its a lot of money tho to change out wheels I already like too. But I may try selling mine off the 96 and put it towards the Rovos or a set of matte black MMD wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The factory GT is indeed 17×8 and a 275 would be tough to pull off.

When I get another set of tires I will be sticking with 245/45/17 for at least another 50,000 miles.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #139
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,707
Blue and green



Instagram - @ab_mach1
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
jeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: san antonio texas
Posts: 1,052
True blue

Sent from my SM-N910T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467590913345.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	203099  
jeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
new edge

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I see what drag radials look like on the back of your new edge? phatspeed7x 1996-2004 Mustang GT 12 05-27-2016 04:18 AM
Show Me Your New Edge! Xplicitstangs Pictures and Videos 2 02-04-2016 06:47 AM
Show Me Your New Edge! Xplicitstangs General Mustang Discussion 14 01-18-2016 08:07 AM
How Do You Store Your New Edge jjsg09 1996-2004 Mustang GT 11 11-09-2015 09:54 AM
Which body looks best new edge or new 5.0 2000_gt General Mustang Discussion 35 07-26-2012 11:31 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.