Heads and cammed 2v question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Heads and cammed 2v question

Hello everyone i have a 2004 mustang GT cammed and fully bolton exhaust tuned geared
I was just thinking of adding trickflow heads and trickflow aftermarket intake manifold in my car
Any idea how much difference it will make.
Or how fast is fully bolton heads and cammed geared GT

Here are the things which i have in my car

Steeda intake
Steeda UDP
Trickflow plenum
Bbk 75mm throttle body
Comp cams stage 2
Bbk LTH
Bbk H pipe
Borla stinger catback
SVE tuned
4.10 gears
315 drag radials
Fully Built suspension
Stock block

Thinking of adding
Trickflow intake manifold
And trick flow heads 38cc
Lund racing tuned

Will the car hit 11s with this setup
Or will it beat new camaros or C6 corvettes?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ahmed ali khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed ali khan View Post
Hello everyone i have a 2004 mustang GT cammed and fully bolton exhaust tuned geared
I was just thinking of adding trickflow heads and trickflow aftermarket intake manifold in my car
Any idea how much difference it will make.
Or how fast is fully bolton heads and cammed geared GT

Here are the things which i have in my car

Steeda intake
Steeda UDP
Trickflow plenum
Bbk 75mm throttle body
Comp cams stage 2
Bbk LTH
Bbk H pipe
Borla stinger catback
SVE tuned
4.10 gears
315 drag radials
Fully Built suspension
Stock block

Thinking of adding
Trickflow intake manifold
And trick flow heads 38cc
Lund racing tuned

Will the car hit 11s with this setup
Or will it beat new camaros or C6 corvettes?

Ummmm No! To elaborate a little I think you'll be in the 12's with that type setup. I think you'll need a power adder to get into the 11's

dave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Nothing short of a full forged big power build will make you competitive with the new Camaro and C6 Vettes.

Tfs intake is a waste. Tfs heads are pricey and you'll get handled by stock motor 2v cars with power adders.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
What they've said. Frankly, if you want to make some power throw on FI. A nice centrifugal running <12 lbs with some bigger injectors, pumper and a tune will get you moving. You already have the bolt ons, I'm assuming "full suspension" is more than cut springs and SVE control arms.

N/A builds on the 2v's and even N/A 4v's just isn't worth it. The HP:$ ratio is not in your favor. Slap on some boost, rock out till she pops, then forge.

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

My friend had a Vortech on his and it was pretty sweet.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave73 View Post

400whp 2v is a fun street car but will get owned by a lt1 camaro or c6.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like NA 2v is waste of time and money..

Old 06-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky

Slap a blower or turbo on it. It's built enough that you'll have a blast with boost added to the equation.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed ali khan View Post
Sounds like NA 2v is waste of time and money..

Yes unless you just want a 300-350hp car.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ahmed, I ordered cams and everything needed to freshen up my top end. It cost me around $2000 after it was all said and done. I'm doing the install myself. But the point is, if I didn't have ticking lash adjusters and there was no point in opening up the heads, I would have gone forced induction. And still may. But the only way to see good track times is to get the right suspension set up. And then forced induction or lots of nitrous. Both of which will eventually need a built engine once you get tired of getting smoked by Corvettes.

2003 GT: JLT CAI, summit 75mm TB, C&L plenum, 24# injectors, Mac Prochamber, SLP LM1 cat back, 3.73 Gears, FR500 Diff, FR500 diff cover, Jmod trans and shift kit, Max Motorsports subframes, Koni oranges front and rear, DBA discs front and rear, shrader performance rear seat delete, APSX D2 wideband, MPT happy customer.
Slater2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
400whp 2v is a fun street car but will get owned by a lt1 camaro or c6.

If a C6 or a lt1 Camaro doesn't own a 10k Mustang they should be ashamed of themselves and burn their cars.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Which one extacly was it? so I can stop wasting $ on bolts on and just save up for this vortex

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Westcoast408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast408 View Post
Which one extacly was it? so I can stop wasting $ on bolts on and just save up for this vortex

I'd have to find out exactly what he had but I'm sure if you contact them they can get you setup.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I m just looking for 405hp, I don t want be too fast I just want to be able to feel that power

99 Mustang GT F.R 3.73s, MGW Short Shifter, BBK Cai, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, SR Lowering Springs, Koni shocks and struts, Mach 1 Grill Delete, Black Billet Fuel Cap, Trick Flow 75mm Plenum, Raxiom Smoked Tail lights, Magnapack Mufflers
Old 06-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
I m just looking for 405hp, I don t want be too fast I just want to be able to feel that power

A basic S or SI trim Vortech will get you there just fine.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
A basic S or SI trim Vortech will get you there just fine.
Right now I have about $300 saved up. The other issue would be the installation. I m wondering if it would be simple to install.

Old 06-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Right now I have about $300 saved up. The other issue would be the installation. I m wondering if it would be simple to install.

They are somewhat simple with the kits made specifically for our cars from what Ive researched and seen. The guy who did my springs and his brother have bolted on about 5 of them now and would help me cheaply. Even making the 400whp, and having a pretty fast car with the right suspension (more money), its a ton of money to me to spend. Even doing it on a budget with a "buddy" install you still need a tune, and more suspension so what I have added up and shopped soooo many times, is still around $5k, when all is said and done. Thats a used rebuilt headunit $700- $1000, piping $500- $700, tune $300- $800 (closer to 800 around me), $400-$500 or so install charge for me, $500 in fuel system give or take, supporting mods dependent on what you have, quality FL welded subframes $300ish with welds, $300 or so for decent LCAs, and factor in another $500- $700 in "misc" parts and youre up there pretty high. Ive decided to just be happy with what I have, make it look good, sound good, operate the best it can mechanically and go from there unless I find a killer deal on a FI setup. I know $5k isnt much for these kind of things anymore, but its still a lot for a car thats worth $6-8k. Im leaning more towards getting a 2011 and up Coyote when my truck lease is up. Find the lowest mileage possible, prob under 40k or so, in a year and a half they will be cheaper too, do basic bolt ons, tune, suspension and have a really fun, factory reliability (sometimes questionable,ha) car that makes the power I now crave easily and has a lot higher potential to add too down the road. Then sell one of other ones and get a decent DD for the winters and days you need it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
They are somewhat simple with the kits made specifically for our cars from what Ive researched and seen. The guy who did my springs and his brother have bolted on about 5 of them now and would help me cheaply. Even making the 400whp, and having a pretty fast car with the right suspension (more money), its a ton of money to me to spend. Even doing it on a budget with a "buddy" install you still need a tune, and more suspension so what I have added up and shopped soooo many times, is still around $5k, when all is said and done. Thats a used rebuilt headunit $700- $1000, piping $500- $700, tune $300- $800 (closer to 800 around me), $400-$500 or so install charge for me, $500 in fuel system give or take, supporting mods dependent on what you have, quality FL welded subframes $300ish with welds, $300 or so for decent LCAs, and factor in another $500- $700 in "misc" parts and youre up there pretty high. Ive decided to just be happy with what I have, make it look good, sound good, operate the best it can mechanically and go from there unless I find a killer deal on a FI setup. I know $5k isnt much for these kind of things anymore, but its still a lot for a car thats worth $6-8k. Im leaning more towards getting a 2011 and up Coyote when my truck lease is up. Find the lowest mileage possible, prob under 40k or so, in a year and a half they will be cheaper too, do basic bolt ons, tune, suspension and have a really fun, factory reliability (sometimes questionable,ha) car that makes the power I now crave easily and has a lot higher potential to add too down the road. Then sell one of other ones and get a decent DD for the winters and days you need it.

Sounds like it would add up to too much money, I never thought about a newer 5.0 maybe in a few years when they get lower in price. Also I appoloigize to op for asking too many questions in his thread, I just like to learn as much as I can about our cars.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:37 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I am not in US so i get parts every expensive
If i order heads i will get in the price of supercharger around 7000-8000 dollars range only heads! i live in pak here duty is very high about 300percent and the guy who buys stuff for me in states, he takes 20percent of the total money
So if heads are about 2600dollars then 2600x3 and plus shipping that will be price of heads i will get here lol

I will save some money and will go for supercharger then in the future
Thanks for helping guys i really appreciated it

Old 06-11-2016, 08:31 AM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Sounds like it would add up to too much money, I never thought about a newer 5.0 maybe in a few years when they get lower in price. Also I appoloigize to op for asking too many questions in his thread, I just like to learn as much as I can about our cars.

Nicer Terminators in the 50-75k mile range are dropping into the mid $teens mark money wise. To be frank... its cheapest to go that route or save another $5k or so for a Coyote. If I had not got the car in my signature for the price I did I would never mess with building a 4.6L Mustang GT. Many banks will not finance a car as old as a Terminator now if you are looking at that route but some will. I know both my credit union (Navy Federal) and bank (USAA) will do it as long as the book value is the same or more than the loan and the car passes a photo inspection.

With a Terminator, find someone selling a Posi or Steggy port blower secondhand, replace the fuel pumps and set it to 500hp, get a better intercooler/heat exchanger/water tank and plan on taking a few bags of ice and a cooler with you to any track outing. But for a street car they are haaaaaaaaaaaaard to beat.

I know off topic...

For Ahmed... with that sort of parts markup... I dunno I'm not in your shoes and I don't exactly know whats available over in Pakistan although I've flown over it no **** about 100 times lol. It might be better to just buy a fun sporty car that is sold over there already and be done with it. 3x markup is nuts.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Trade it in on a Newer Stang with the 5.0 Coyote Motor. You'll be so happy you did or at least I'm happy I did. 412 H.P. Stock . Lots of Fun !!!
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:08 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
Trade it in on a Newer Stang with the 5.0 Coyote Motor. You'll be so happy you did or at least I'm happy I did. 412 H.P. Stock . Lots of Fun !!!
This really is the best answer and route if you have the funds. It will be a much, much, much, better platform to start from suspension wise, interior wise, and just overall comforts of a newer car. And maybe you can find one without having to pay the ludacris 300% markup too! I could see not wanting to go this route if a lower mileage, pristine, unmolested, Coyote costs you like $65k tho!

Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

So now thinking about it a Coyote really is the BEST option for you or like Scotty said buy a sports car that is domestic to you instead of buying an import car or performance parts, since it will cost you so much, it will be like $15-16k for a supercharger or turbo set up with what you have to deal with to get it! Just not worth it, I know it wouldnt be here in our market, maybe there you can get it back out of it due to it being more of a rarity or something?

Old 06-12-2016, 01:45 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The only hole in the whole it's best to trade up theory is that it never ends. You get the next best and you dump so much money into it you may as well have bought the next better and so and so on...

Old 06-12-2016, 02:07 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Sure glad I don't live there with a 300% mark up. It would cost a fortune to do anything to my car. Wouldn't be worth it. My 2014 GT was $30K here. So would the same car be $90K there ? I hate the mark ups here. $200 for a Hood Scoop is very high in my book. I'm sure that little piece of plastic was about $10 to make & therefore shouldn't cost over $50. I just paid $140 for a front bumper lip. Looks like a $25 piece of plastic to me. Because of that I tend to buy a lot of used parts & Repaint or repair the parts to suit my needs. Every time I buy a new part I feel like I just got took. Unfortunately, it is what it is & you have to pay to play.
Hellish Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Dude either spray it or sell it for something faster. You're going to enter into a world of financial pain trying to make that thing exceed your power and ET expectations...

I have a fully bolt on and cammed 2000 GT with 302/306 wheel. I have also tossed this idea around as I drive this more than my 04 cobra. But I've decided to work with the cobra for now. More reward for the money.

I LOVE my 2V. Don't get me wrong. Just too much work for minimal power increase to dollar ratio.
UnrealSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:08 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't be too down on a 2 valve I kind of like them. Compared to the newer motors yes they are slow but they have have some pros. They are very cheap and plentiful, very reliable, sound fantastic, make decent tourque, and enough HP to have a little fun with. Plus you can pick up a nice one for 4-6k you could probably pickup 15 or 20 of them for the price of one GT 350.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I bought mine for $6500 and I m 9k into, it s a toy so I try not look too much into all the $ I put into it cause I won t get it back.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't recommend getting 9k into one to try to make it a world beater. But a nice exhaust and a few other mods they can be fun.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellish Horse View Post
Sure glad I don't live there with a 300% mark up. It would cost a fortune to do anything to my car. Wouldn't be worth it. My 2014 GT was $30K here. So would the same car be $90K there ? I hate the mark ups here. $200 for a Hood Scoop is very high in my book. I'm sure that little piece of plastic was about $10 to make & therefore shouldn't cost over $50. I just paid $140 for a front bumper lip. Looks like a $25 piece of plastic to me. Because of that I tend to buy a lot of used parts & Repaint or repair the parts to suit my needs. Every time I buy a new part I feel like I just got took. Unfortunately, it is what it is & you have to pay to play.
I think and try to do these exact things

Old 06-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend getting 9k into one to try to make it a world beater. But a nice exhaust and a few other mods they can be fun.

This is what I do with mine. Sound good, look good, handle fairly good, run good, enough power to enjoy a smokey burnout from time to time, and not so precious you dont want to drive them or pound on them some. And gives me stuff to tinker with and keep me from spending money on even more wasteful things, lol

Old 06-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is what I do with mine. Sound good, look good, handle fairly good, run good, enough power to enjoy a smokey burnout from time to time, and not so precious you dont want to drive them or pound on them some. And gives me stuff to tinker with and keep me from spending money on even more wasteful things, lol

Yeah just kind of appreciate it for what it is and enjoy it.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I have 2 mustangs here 05GT and 04GT and i have spend alot of money on them around 40to 50000 dollars in last couple of years with that money i can have a new 5.0 there but trust me new 5.0 GT with all the duties and taxes it will be over 100k us dollars to import it here
I will built the car slowly with time and with high duties and taxes its not worth it but when you drive here it feels very special as over here 90percent of the cars are JDM Japanese RX8 350z integra etc
So when a mustang visits track here its very special. I will save some money and go with my built planning to make my 2V NA and 3v supercharged one for the track one for daily day

Old 06-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah just kind of appreciate it for what it is and enjoy it.

Exactly

Old 06-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly

Steve its addicting adding mods to the car some times lol!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT