How much ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2016, 10:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
How much ?

How much could I get for a set 18x10-18x8 mmd551c silver wheels ? All brand new in box still ?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsstang View Post
How much could I get for a set 18x10-18x8 mmd551c silver wheels ? All brand new in box still ?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Pictures?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1472360607.045412.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	204627



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Pictures?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

That's a picture offline I don't have any in my phone like I said there brand new in box only opened one box to look at them lol . What do you think ?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
How much ?

General rule of thumb most use for used parts are 50-60% or original value. Considering yours are new in box and not really a wear item I would think you may be able to get 75% assuming your willing to wait for the right buyer.

You will likely want to try for a local sale because shopping is probable going to eliminate any incentive for a potential buyer as AM offers free shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:34 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,957
How quick do you need to move the wheels? That will be the real determining factor. If the wheels are new with no damage and all shipping and billing orders you can ask top dollar. My estimate for the MMDs is likely about $160 ea.

I would want to put the wheels on a balancer and make 100% certain they do not have any defects before I purchased a non returnable wheel without a warranty.

No warranty or quality control measures is the biggest reason for dropping to an even lower price.

Ask yourself what the lowest price you are willing to take is (if that price is "free" I will take them). Start with your high number and see if you get any bites or offers. If no one responds drop the price by about $15-$20 per wheel and try again.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
How quick do you need to move the wheels? That will be the real determining factor. If the wheels are new with no damage and all shipping and billing orders you can ask top dollar. My estimate for the MMDs is likely about $160 ea.

I would want to put the wheels on a balancer and make 100% certain they do not have any defects before I purchased a non returnable wheel without a warranty.

No warranty or quality control measures is the biggest reason for dropping to an even lower price.

Ask yourself what the lowest price you are willing to take is (if that price is "free" I will take them). Start with your high number and see if you get any bites or offers. If no one responds drop the price by about $15-$20 per wheel and try again.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ok thank you !!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
I would say around $700ish. Look around locally and see what people are asking for anything similar then go a little cheaper. This is what I usually do on CL and it typically gets things sold faster

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve96 View Post
I would say around $700ish. Look around locally and see what people are asking for anything similar then go a little cheaper. This is what I usually do on CL and it typically gets things sold faster

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Ok thanks man yeah I couldn't really decide if it would look good on my mineral grey gt so I decided to sale them lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsstang View Post
Ok thanks man yeah I couldn't really decide if it would look good on my mineral grey gt so I decided to sale them lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
My GT is Mineral Grey. Personally I think they would look good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
They would look good, but I do like a darker anthracite color on MG.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:14 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
parkerz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 321
How much ?

Those wheels are $80 each at am at the moment just a heads up.

My bad $159 but there sold out now.
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
smsstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
My GT is Mineral Grey. Personally I think they would look good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah I think they would but I also like my fr500 on there but I want 18s lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
smsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Revvv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Augusta
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsstang View Post
Yeah I think they would but I also like my fr500 on there but I want 18s lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I am a fan of the Fr500 wheels.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Steve96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Waterford
Region: Michigan
Posts: 2,386
I got my silver staggered 18" 551Cs for $282 shipped but took forever for them to get the damn order right! Still a great deal for a really nice set of wheels. Regular price at that time was $199 each I believe but that was 6 or 7 mths ago

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
1996 GT
2003 GT
Follow on Instagram @manicmustangs
Follow on Instagram @steviesstangs
15% off waxgods.com use code: manic15
10% off toplabel.com use code: Manic10
Steve96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow, and how much weight is to much BaSohol 2005-2010 Mustang GT 32 01-14-2012 08:01 PM
How much a month is your car note and how much do you owe on it? 03redfire cobra The Bar 53 12-10-2008 09:34 AM
How much is to much all8280bcc 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 12-20-2006 09:23 PM
Too much money too much time ridenmystang Pictures and Videos 2 07-27-2006 02:50 PM
how much is too much? OMEGA7STARR The Bar 6 02-24-2004 05:13 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.