Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Replacing steering rack bushings, which ones should I get?

850 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve96 
#1 ·
The steering rack bushings on my car are original and super loose. I am looking at replacing them and I have found both the original type and offset ones for lowered cars online. My car is lowered 1" with Ford Racing C springs. Would the offset ones be better than the stock style in my case or are they intended for more extreme drops? It seems to drive fine now except for the sloppy steering and the alignment is all within spec. Also is there any particular brand of bushings you guys would recommend?

#2 ·
The offset bushings are unnecessary for your application.
I don't really have a brand recommendation, but stiffer bushings will not only improve the steering responsiveness, they will also increase the road vibration that is transmitted to the steering wheel.
Whatever bushing material that you choose, you will notice a big difference by replacing your worn out bushings.

#3 ·
This is my plan too this spring. Over the winter Im going to order/stock up on all my frontend bushings, tie rods, etc to tighten my frontend up and get the worn, dry rotting crap out of there. I did this to my 96 and it felt like and still does a new car, really makes a huge difference in the feel like Stray mentioned. I have new shocks/struts/lowering springs/ ball joints- but I need the rest to polish it off. At least its fairly cheap as far as parts go and most of it can be done with jack stands and a basic tool kit.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.