Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Can dohc heads be used on sohc block?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  69ponyxprs 
#1 ·
Have found what looks like a great deal on a set of Ready to bolt on DOHC heads with new cams, valve covers and FR500 style aviator intake for $750. Want to know if this set up will work on a 4.6 SOHC block? Because I have also found a 4.6 with an Eagle rotating assembly and probe Pistons (.020 over standard bore). Anyone have any thoughts on this combo?

#5 ·
Cool thanks for the info. Gonna replace my SOHC engine with a used cobra engine or maybe the setup I mentioned above. Just weighing my options and want to get the most bang for my buck. This is a daily driver so I don't want to hot rod the car but I do want more power. I can't leave anything of mine bone stock. Lol

#9 ·
I would make sure there is valve clearance in the pistons for the second set of valves.
Might be a non issue or a catastrophe depending on the pistons used in that particular block.
I know the Pistons in my 3 valve stroker would not allow a second set of valves but that may just be a 3 valve thing. Might not even be an issue, but I'd want to be sure.

#10 ·
Yeah I've thought about that. I have a great machinist who I'll have check that out if I go this route. I think I can make more HP with setup but I'm leaning on just dropping in aloe mileage ready to go cobra motor. For me that will be easier and I thin cheaper in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.