Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Struts and Shocks

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  jeno 
#1 ·
I am replacing my Struts and Shocks with Koni STR.Ts. I've read reviews on all sorts of struts and shocks and I see complaints about squeaking.

Can I grease my struts and shocks?
Do I grease the actual strut/shock shaft or do I grease the rubber bushings?
Also, what kind of grease would I use?

Thanks!

#5 ·
Well, I installed them about two days ago and so far so good!

I have H&R Super Sports with no Isos in the front and rear, Steed X2 ball joints, MM aluminum steering rack bushings, and now KONI STR.T struts and shocks.

No squeaks and I am very happy with the ride right now.

Thanks for the help guys!

#13 ·
So this thing has come a long way. Bought it completely stock and it had chrome fender flares with matching chrome hubcaps/rim covers, lol. That being said, it still has a long way to come. I just bought a used black 2001 cobra hood, but I need to get the bumper painted and the trunk painted (took off the spoiler). Also need to play with the wheel fitment (spacing), get some new rims, new headlights, and other small stuff. A few things have deff put this thing back a couple steps, but looking to make some progress next spring/summer.

The one at the beach and the only front end picture are the most recent pics....

Attachments

#10 ·
I m also running the the koni shocks and struts with stock isolators and no squeaks at all.

#12 ·
Mine had around 55k miles when I put my sportlines on. The rear was real squirrelly at higher speeds. When I got the Koni STR.T's, it felt really planted at higher speeds. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the Koni yellows or maybe even Bilsteins, but honestly, I've never been in a car that had either, so I'm not sure how much better they are. For the price, the SRT.T's are really nice. I think if I had springs that were stiffer than the sportlines, I'd go for the Koni yellows. I think those are adjustable too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.